+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***September 2020 INLAND Spousal PR***

javis77

Jan 31, 2021
Hello guys,

Sorry to bother you guys again as this is urgent for me. I saw some of you guys have applied for visitor visa extension just in case.

For question" How long are you planning to stay in Canada ?

Did you guys select ' temporarily - less than 6 months'?

Do you have to submit digital photo as well? Are these the same as two photos that you submitted for Inland Sponsorship?

Thank you for your help,

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hello guys,

Sorry to bother you guys again as this is urgent for me. I saw some of you guys have applied for visitor visa extension just in case.

Do you have to submit digital photo as well? Are these the same as two photos that you submitted for Inland Sponsorship?

Thank you for your help,
Is this for the questionnaire before they give you the checklist of forms & supporting documents?
If so, it doesn’t really matter what annswers you put as long as you get the correct forms & documents.
As for my visitor restoration, I answered “temporarily- more than six months”

Yes, you’ll have to submit a digital photo. Specs and other info will be available when the system generates a checklist. Specifications are slightly different than for PR photos (but not too much & you can easily manage editing through an online app).

javis77

Jan 31, 2021
Is this for the questionnaire before they give you the checklist of forms & supporting documents?
If so, it doesn’t really matter what annswers you put as long as you get the correct forms & documents.
As for my visitor restoration, I answered “temporarily- more than six months”

Yes, you’ll have to submit a digital photo. Specs and other info will be available when the system generates a checklist. Specifications are slightly different than for PR photos (but not too much & you can easily manage editing through an online app).

Hi Majima,

Thank you for your reply. For more than 6 months, it asks to submit medical. Did you submit your medical along with your online application? We are running out of time to go do medical now. I didn't know we have to do medical before submitting online visitor visa extension.

As for digital photo, visa photo places in Ontario are still closed because of lockdown.

I might consider submit through paper ( mail in).

Let me know what you think

Mintonten

Mar 4, 2020
Hi Majima,

Thank you for your reply. For more than 6 months, it asks to submit medical. Did you submit your medical along with your online application? We are running out of time to go do medical now. I didn't know we have to do medical before submitting online visitor visa extension.

As for digital photo, visa photo places in Ontario are still closed because of lockdown.

I too did more than 6 months. For me, Medical was not required before submitting the online visitor extension application. If they want one, I think they will notify us.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hi Majima,

Hi Javis,

Hmm, yes they do ask you to upload medical exam info sheet for a visit visa extension/restoration. If you don’t have results from an exam that was performed within the past 12 months then you need to get one. If you can’t get one right now because of pandemic closures, you can upload a letter of explanation detailing why you’re unable to provide this document.
IRCC might ask you to undergo an exam later on before they finalize your application or they may decide to use one of your previous medical exam results (if you’ve ever had one done by a panel physician for immigration purposes).

Do you have any digital photos (ideally taken within the past 6 months, but not necessarily) that meet the specifications? If so, you can resize it for your current purposes.

May I ask if you also submitted an application for PR, and what status you held before/currently?

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
I too did more than 6 months. For me, Medical was not required before submitting the online visitor extension application. If they want one, I think they will notify us.
Curious, I submitted an application for visitor visa restoration in Sept 2020 (I had a study permit prior to that) and they asked me to upload a medical info sheet. Thankfully I had one that is valid until Aug, 2021.

Maybe it’s different depending on what country you’re from?

Amra92

Sep 29, 2020
Curious, I submitted an application for visitor visa restoration in Sept 2020 (I had a study permit prior to that) and they asked me to upload a medical info sheet. Thankfully I had one that is valid until Aug, 2021.

Maybe it’s different depending on what country you’re from?
I think they only ask for a medical if you mention that you lived outside of canada for 6 months or more, or you work in medical field. For work, study and visitor, I usually click pic in my phone following the requirements and upload it.
hope it helps and double check the info.

simjan18

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Yes.. I was wondering the same thing about the fees. Hopefully we can get them back if we get PR before OWP. When did you do your medical? Mine still shows "We have requested a medical exam" even though I did mine on the 28th of May.
I did mine on the 25th may ..

simjan18

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Yes.. I was wondering the same thing about the fees. Hopefully we can get them back if we get PR before OWP. When did you do your medical? Mine still shows "We have requested a medical exam" even though I did mine on the 28th of May.
yours will probably update today or Monday by the looks of it

simjan18

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Hello guys,

Thank you for your help,
I select 6 month since this was my second extension the last one took almost a year to be approved and it expired a month after they issued it

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
I think they only ask for a medical if you mention that you lived outside of canada for 6 months or more, or you work in medical field. For work, study and visitor, I usually click pic in my phone following the requirements and upload it.
Yeah that’s what I thought too.
But I haven’t been outside Canada in 2.5 yrs now, and at the time of application I hadn’t been out of Canada for 1.5 yrs or more. That’s strange.
I remember an IRCC agent telling me that the final checklist of forms + supporting documents is what matters not the answers you put into the questionnaire. If that helps @javis77

And yes clicking a photo on your phone and resizing that as per the specifications is ok too.

Last edited:

javis77

Jan 31, 2021
Hi Javis,

Hmm, yes they do ask you to upload medical exam info sheet for a visit visa extension/restoration. If you don’t have results from an exam that was performed within the past 12 months then you need to get one. If you can’t get one right now because of pandemic closures, you can upload a letter of explanation detailing why you’re unable to provide this document.
IRCC might ask you to undergo an exam later on before they finalize your application or they may decide to use one of your previous medical exam results (if you’ve ever had one done by a panel physician for immigration purposes).

Do you have any digital photos (ideally taken within the past 6 months, but not necessarily) that meet the specifications? If so, you can resize it for your current purposes.

May I ask if you also submitted an application for PR, and what status you held before/currently?

Hi Majima,

My spouse is from the US and her current status in Canada is visitor. I have already submitted inland sponsorship ( PR and OWP). I just wanted to extend her visitor visa just in case.

There was one question asking ' if you have lived in a designated country/ territory for more than 6 months" then you might have to do medical examination. However, when I looked up the chart and USA ( continental and Hawaii) do not need to do medical examination.

After reading this link below, I think people from US are exempted from medical examination for visitor visa extension. Please let me know if I am wrong and misunderstood this chart from this link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html#wb-auto-5

Thanks,

Reactions: Majima

javis77

Jan 31, 2021

My spouse lives in the US fo

I agree with you, my spouse has lived outside of Canada last year for more than 6 months ( from the US). However, i think US citizens are exempted from doing medical examination for visitor visa extension from the look of that chart. I might be wrong here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html#wb-auto-5

sandy92

May 8, 2018
Hey
People who got work permits. I want to know how long for approval after they start reviewing eligibility?

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hi Majima,

My spouse is from the US and her current status in Canada is visitor. I have already submitted inland sponsorship ( PR and OWP). I just wanted to extend her visitor visa just in case.

There was one question asking ' if you have lived in a designated country/ territory for more than 6 months" then you might have to do medical examination. However, when I looked up the chart and USA ( continental and Hawaii) do not need to do medical examination.

After reading this link below, I think people from US are exempted from medical examination for visitor visa extension. Please let me know if I am wrong and misunderstood this chart from this link below.

Thanks,

Hi Javis,

After looking at that link and the associated webpages, it looks like your spouse does not need an IME.

Try answering the questionnaire as best as you can, and if it still asks you to upload an IME as part of the final checklist, just upload a letter of explanation (doesn’t have to be long, a couple sentences to explain where your spouse is from and why she doesn’t need an IME - make sure to include a link that you sent me).
You can also call IRCC if you want to double check on this!

Also, what step of the PR process are you on right now? Might give us an idea of how long you might need to wait.. (although no one can say for sure )