+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***September 2020 INLAND Spousal PR***

Claramel

Jul 17, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone! I've sent my inland pr application in 16 sep, delivered to cpc mississauga in 21 sep and received a reminder for biometrics fee in 30 sep (which i've paid already along with the submissions) so as they said, i disregard the email.
So this means i still have to wait to receive an AOR right? Anyone know how long will it take roughly?
Thanks and i hope we all get smooth process!

Reactions: jtyvie

faman

Sep 29, 2020
Hi Everyone! Glad that I found this website. My wife (UK citizenship), but has a US E-1 work visa, is currently staying with me (Canadian Citizen) in Vancouver under a tourist Visa. We are looking to apply for her inland sponsorship but don't know where to start besides the government website. Does anyone know what a good thread would be to get informed on the process and what the current processing times are for inland and outland application. Gov website is listing 12 months! Thank you.

JuniWolf

Jun 25, 2018
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
Hi everyone!
My application sent on Sep 4th and received by IRCC on the 8th.
I am currently living in Canada as an international student, and my study permit will expire on January 31.
I really hope to get my OWP until January, but seems I have to switch study permit to visitor visa since IRCC works very slow.
You have implied status until the OWP is denied/returned or accepted. You can get the visitor visa if you're nervous about it getting returned because then you'd be out of status. I am still on the fence about renewing mine, which expires on Christmas Eve. It's not required if you are inland with an OWP permit for you to get another visa while you wait, though.

JuniWolf

Jun 25, 2018
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
Hi Everyone! Glad that I found this website. My wife (UK citizenship), but has a US E-1 work visa, is currently staying with me (Canadian Citizen) in Vancouver under a tourist Visa. We are looking to apply for her inland sponsorship but don't know where to start besides the government website. Does anyone know what a good thread would be to get informed on the process and what the current processing times are for inland and outland application. Gov website is listing 12 months! Thank you.
You are in the right place. The first post on this thread has a link to the spreadsheet we use to track our applications and you can get an idea of the timelines from there. Things are very delayed, as you can imagine.

When I decided to do this, we had a (zoom) consultation with an immigration lawyer to answer all our questions and help us get started. It was 100% worth it. We did not retain them to submit the application. I (American) work for a U.S. company remotely and have been in Canada on a visitor visa for more than 2 years, living with my Canadian partner.

Rajat1011

Oct 1, 2020
Hi everyone. IRCC received my file on 4th Sept, my post-grad work permit got expired on June 14th and before that, I've applied for visitors' records for the safe side. now on 22nd Oct, I got approval for the visitor record which is valid till 22nd Nov. Normally how much time it will take to get OWP to come?
Thanks

dingledorf

Oct 2, 2020
Hi everyone. IRCC received my file on 4th Sept, my post-grad work permit got expired on June 14th and before that, I've applied for visitors' records for the safe side. now on 22nd Oct, I got approval for the visitor record which is valid till 22nd Nov. Normally how much time it will take to get OWP to come?
Thanks
You usually don't get OWP until shortly after AOR. They are still processing March applicants so I would not expect September ones to process until 2021. If you want to stay on the safe side you may want to apply to extend your visitor record again.

xXRawrXx

Oct 17, 2020
Hello, I'm an Oct 1 applicant (didn't get answers on my thread) - are they sending biometrics reminder emails to everyone? We haven't received ours yet and I'm getting a little concerned.

JuniWolf

Jun 25, 2018
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
Hello, I'm an Oct 1 applicant (didn't get answers on my thread) - are they sending biometrics reminder emails to everyone? We haven't received ours yet and I'm getting a little concerned.
It looks to me like pretty much everyone gets it, based on the spreadsheet. You could try calling. 1-888-242-2100 then press 2 (for english), then 1-1-0 to speak to a person.

I know some people that have talked to someone multiple times; personally I have never had luck getting them on the phone. You could also try the online web form, they take a while to respond but they do respond.

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
has anyone who applied in second half of September gotten their temporary aor letter yet? the spreadsheet has been showing Sept 15 applicants to receive it last and that was almost a month ago.

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
has anyone who applied in second half of September gotten their temporary aor letter yet? the spreadsheet has been showing Sept 15 applicants to receive it last and that was almost a month ago.
Nope, nothing yet. Just the bio-meteric reminder email.

Jun 24, 2020
Did you send an OWP application in with your PR application? I am on a visitor visa but am not sure yet if I want to apply for an extension. Technically I don't have to because I am in status with the pending OWP but if it runs into any issues I could be in trouble if I haven't extended my visitor visa. I have a friend who was on OWP when she applied for PR and her packet got lost, they had to resubmit 3 months later and were on a very tight timeline because her OWP was about to expire as well.
Hi, just wanted to check if I need to apply for OWP along with the Inland Spousal application to get implied status? I'm on visitor status and my 6 months complete Jan 2021. I'm planning to file my Inland application this week.

JuniWolf

Jun 25, 2018
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
Hi, just wanted to check if I need to apply for OWP along with the Inland Spousal application to get implied status? I'm on visitor status and my 6 months complete Jan 2021. I'm planning to file my Inland application this week.
Yes, the OWP application is what gives you implied status. I am here on a visitor visa as well since 2018 and I just renewed mine because if your visitor status expires and something goes wrong with the OWP there is no grace period, you are automatically out of status. So it's a good idea to renew the visitor status just as a backup!

I would suggest applying for OWP regardless of your plans. I work full-time for a US company and don't plan to work in Canada until I'm ready to transition (post-pandemic). But applied for OWP to get the health card and the longer status while I wait for PR.

KN454

Jul 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
I have not received a biometric reminder email as well. I'm concerned now too...

Pepperzzz

Mar 23, 2020
USA
Category........
FAM
Yes, the OWP application is what gives you implied status. I am here on a visitor visa as well since 2018 and I just renewed mine because if your visitor status expires and something goes wrong with the OWP there is no grace period, you are automatically out of status. So it's a good idea to renew the visitor status just as a backup!

I would suggest applying for OWP regardless of your plans. I work full-time for a US company and don't plan to work in Canada until I'm ready to transition (post-pandemic). But applied for OWP to get the health card and the longer status while I wait for PR.
Hello,

I just wanted to ask you as an American like you, if it is okay to work for a remote job in America while I wait for a open work permit? I just fear that it is a bad idea but things are hitting hard in my situation as of now due to the pandemic like a lot of people.

Thank you

JuniWolf

Jun 25, 2018
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
Hello,

I just wanted to ask you as an American like you, if it is okay to work for a remote job in America while I wait for a open work permit? I just fear that it is a bad idea but things are hitting hard in my situation as of now due to the pandemic like a lot of people.

Thank you
My lawyer in NS and my coworker's lawyer in Quebec have both advised that we are fine to work remotely for an American company while in Canada as long as we are not taking the place of a Canadian. My employer is American-only so we are fine.