+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 (fall) intake (general discussion)

sanyalla

Feb 7, 2020
I will begin myself. I applied to software engineer technician program in Conestoga college Waterloo. It is a 2 year UG diploma program. Now waiting for conditional offer letter.
My question is when can I expect my conditional letter. I applied before December 20th still haven't received it. What is the general time length for Conestoga to distribute offer letter? If it's already time for mine to arrive is it because of winter break in canada? Help please.
I have approached a consultancy called "ivy overseas" and they have applied on my behalf to Conestoga college for embedded systems PG program. They applied of February 4 and i received the offer letter February 24.

However, i am still thinking whether to consider this offer or not, because the course that i have applied is forced upon me by consultancy stating i will not get admissions to any PG program that is related to computer science Example: Data Analytics or Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning. Because my engineering degree is not related to computer science.

I hold bachelors in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

Thank you,
Priya

Last edited:

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
I have approached a consultancy called "ivy overseas" and they have applied on my behalf to Conestoga college for embedded systems PG program. They applied of February 4 and i received the offer letter February 24.

However, i am still thinking whether to consider this offer or not, because the course that i have applied is forced upon me by consultancy stating i will not get admissions to any PG program that is related to computer science Example: Data Analytics or Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning. iya

I hold bachelors in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

Thank you,
Priya
He is right you would not get into a computer science related programs, but you could do well in computer engineering programs..

sanyalla

Feb 7, 2020
Those agents what they don't want you to know is you can actually do this yourself like just go to the school portal you see a place to apply and fill in your details then pay the form fee that way you would be able to fast track your application yourself......I had a case where my friend wanted to apply to a Canadian university through an agent and they ended up picking a usa university for him......my piece of advice ask your agent to show you your application..
That's very true, should not completely rely on agents.

In my case, I wanted to apply for Data Analytics or AL & ML programs. Earlier, I have approached few consultancies for help, but all most all of them said that I will not be able to get admission into courses which are related to Computer Science that is due to my bachelor’s degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering. They even said that if somehow I got the admission then my visa will definitely be rejected.

They have instilled this fear in me and made me apply for a program that is related to my bachelors. Embedded systems PG in Conestoga.

However, with this fear, I still went ahead and applied for two programs on my own, 1 Data Analytics in Langara college, 2nd AL & ML in Lambton. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

sanyalla

Feb 7, 2020
He is right you would not get into a computer science related programs, but you could do well in computer engineering programs..
Well, that's very disappointing to hear.

I had already applied on my own for Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence & Machine learning, programs from two different colleges, lets see how it goes.
If somehow i manage to get the offer letter. then i might need help from this forum on further steps. I will keep you posted.

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Well, that's very disappointing to hear.

I had already applied on my own for Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence & Machine learning, programs from two different colleges, lets see how it goes.
If somehow i manage to get the offer letter. then i might need help from this forum on further steps. I will keep you posted.
Sure but remember u studied electrical engineering not computer engineering or computer science if at all u get accepted into the computer program so u won't have problems with visa rejection or probably get something like you intended major is not in light with your previous study....if it was a major in electrical engineering and minor in computer science it would have been applicable but you went fully for electrical and electronics engineering without any computer science knowledge.....hope u get me..

Akshay28

Mar 7, 2020
Hello everyone I have applied on 1st march for fall intake 2020 in conestoga college brantford, course project management, when can I expect offer letter from college?????

Reactions: althaf3468

Guneet Kaur

Mar 10, 2020
I applied to these universities for Fall 2020 intake for MSc in CS:- University of Alberta, University of Ottawa, Simon Fraser University, Carleton University, McMaster University, University of Calgary and Western University.
Hey! Have you received offer from Alberta university or the University of Ottawa? Can you share your profile?

Guneet Kaur

Mar 10, 2020
Damn... Are all these thesis or course based?
I had planned on applying to at least 6 schools but was only able to apply to 3 (University of Alberta, University of Manitoba and University of Ottawa).
All course-based, already been rejected by Manitoba last week though. Just hoping one of the others work out.
Can you share your profile? I also applied to the University of Alberta and the University of Ottawa?

Guneet Kaur

Mar 10, 2020
I have also applied for the same course at university of Manitoba and university of Ottawa. Haven’t heard from Manitoba yet but got accepted at Ottawa. What will be your preference if you make it into those two universities?

Hey! Congratulations on your offer. Even I have applied to the university of Ottawa. How long it took for you before you received a decision? Also, can you share your profile?

ABMhatre

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Anybody going to Fanshawe for sep 2020? I got accepted for PG Business Analysis and would be applying for visa by month end. Looking for people who would want to share apartment. I’m from Mumbai India.

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
Can anyone suggest what type of study visa I shall consider to apply out of SDS or General? I have admission offer for Masters program from one of the leading university based at Nova scotia and I have scored 79 each in PTE. I am more comfortable in paying 1st term fee only instead of full year payment but little worried whether it will be safe to proceed with NON-SDS route or not ?