+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Delays - Corona Virus

Oct 16, 2019
I have applied for student visa on may 27 and still my visa is pending for sep 2020, I got medical exam update on July 13 that i have passed medical exam and also my biometrics ,since then there is no update on my file

dkapadiya

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
Hello guys, This message will be sent in your inbox if you have subscribed this thread.
This is going to be a very long story.

I created this thread on 20th March, right after 2 days of rigid restrictions Canada made on 18th of March, 2020.
Even being an SDS applicant, my medical wasn't updated right away. I couldn't receive my visa in 10 days as I expected.
As a worried and prudent person, I opened this thread in hope of fetching news and similar or better experience from other people.

I spent months on this forum, especially on this thread to reach out to people just like me who are suffering from the uncertainty. I wanted to connect and see as many people as I can, who has similar story as mine. i used to check the reach this thread would receive and today it has reached to some thousands of people.

I KNOW EVERYONE OF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED WORST SITUATIONS SINCE MARCH, AND I REALLY REALLY REALLLLYYYY HOPE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU ARE IN A GOOD POSITION IN YOUR LIFE AT THIS POINT OF TIME.
SOME OF YOU MIGHT HAVE FAILED, BUT HEY, DON'T GIVE UP BETTER THINGS DO TAKE TIME.
YOU MUST KEEP GOING AND KEEP PROGRESSING AHEAD.

Take my example, I have been trying to go abroad since 2015, first to US then to Canada.
But it couldn't happen, until last year, and here, my story starts.

I met a person, and they went Canada in front of me.
I dropped them at Mumbai airport on 31st of August 2019 with tears in my eyes and tons of weight in my heart.
I cannot forget that night, i couldn't handle that they left me to go and pursue their dream which had become my dream already.

Next day, as soon as I reached my home, I started making efforts to be there where they have gone.
I started looking for available IELTS exam dates and started to talk with international department of college to seek possibilities to be there in very next intake. With my crazy interest and quick communication with the college, I found out that they have some seats available for January 2020 intake. I booked first available slot of IELTS exam in my city.

That person, reached to the airport near to their home at 11.30pm on 31st August 2019 and reached their home at around 1.00am on 1st September 2019. From this moment, we started being with each other while having a distance of 12040 kms in between us. Which I wanted to remove and make it 0 km as soon as I can. I started making efforts to reach to that point in my life where i can see that person again with my naked eyes.
From very next morning, we started a series of long and never ending video calls. With 11 hours and 30 minutes of time difference, my days became nights and nights became days just to be available all the time for that person.

On 14th September 2019, I gave my IELTS exam. I was nervous and afraid because if I fail here, my journey to the other country will stop right here before even it starts. I gave exam and WE patiently waited for the day of my result. On 27th September 2019, I was keep checking my result from the morning. At 11am, one hour before the scheduled time, my result was available. It was 7 bands overall.
I was happy but that person who was eagerly waiting for me, was even more happy.

Within an hour, I left my home to meet a promising consultant in my area who I already know since 2015. I asked them to see if seats are available for any PG course available in the college I wanted to go. They said, they had an email from the college 4 days ago and it is possible that seats are still available. I asked them to apply right away. I applied for a program in which I was interested in the same college of that person. And I was already dreaming of being in Canada in 3 months.
7 days later, I received an email from the college, written, you cannot apply in this program, the international admission deadline has passed 11 days ago. 11 days? I was 4 days late to apply for this program? That was the most sad day of my life at that point of time. But I didn't lose hope, I quickly decided to apply for next September intake. FALL 2020.
Admissions opened on 4th November and I applied on the same day with another consultant because previous one couldn't see it open in their own portal and I didn't want to waste even a single day.
This new consultant applied for fall 2020 admission. and I received offer letter on 14th November 2019.
I was ready to invest my 3 years of savings in a heartbeat. I paid my one year fees in December 2019 and was ready to pay GIC right away.
Again I went to my previous consultant to ask them when I should apply for visa as I had paid fees and was willing to pay GIC too.
They told me to provide all the documents as soon as I pay GIC so they can apply for visa right away in the month of DECEMBER 2019.
I went to the new consultant who helped me to get the admission, they refused and asked me to apply for visa in mid May 2020. And they scared me by saying that if you apply for your visa this early, you'll get refusal and IRCC will ask you to apply again in May 2020 as they will be processing January and May intake visa applications.
I was scared. I decided I will wait but I don't want refusal.

With the beginning of 2020, problems started to kick into my life and my family. In between that, I paid my GIC in January and I completed my medical on 17th February 2020, which could have been done 3 days before that if I wouldn't have forgotten my passport in my home.

I had completed everything by 17th February. And on very next day, I forced my consultant to apply for my visa. She asked me to visit their office on Saturday 22nd Feb. I couldn't make it and asked her to apply on Monday. She refused and asked me to be in her office on 2nd March. After waiting almost 2 weeks, I went there on 2nd March, and spent whole day writing SOP and checking for errors, because I wanted everything to be perfect. After a whole day, she told me to apply next morning as it was already night. I agreed and next day I reached there at 7am and we submitted my file at 9am. Even before submitting my file, my consultant looked at me with worries on her face and told me, what if you get rejected because of early visa application? what will you answer them?
Soon after that, I booked my biometrics appointment.
On 5th March I went to a nearest VFS, and completed my biometrics.

Without any knowledge of what's going on out side of India, I eagerly started waiting for my visa approval. I imagined my visa will be approved within 10 days. Then I saw corona's impact in news papers, news channels and on GC key login page. On 16th March, Canada announced that they have closed their borders for everyone.

Despite of this, I waited for my medical to get approved in my GC key account.
I started getting worried as my visa wasn't approved even they had time for it. I started visiting this forum every minute just to see if people are still receiving updates.

On 20th March, I opened this thread thinking I will connect and communicate with people who are stuck just like me.
Days passed, by the end of March, I read a comment of one girl on this forum somewhere, who applied for visa 3 days after I did. and received approval in just 7 days after her submission, before the travel restrictions were imposed.
That day I realised I should not forget how bad my bad-luck is. And depression started to step-in into my life.

That one person, kept giving me hope, they kept my shit together. They were my strength. But I wanted my plans to get succeeded.
We had fights, disagreements, disappointments and everything which should not happen between us.
We had a huge fight on 3rd July because of a reason. and we tried to fix everything, I tried to fix everything and make it work but we eventually stopped talking on 22nd July.

I was left alone. I had no one to talk or fill the void that they had created in my life after constantly being with me for a year.
Yes, I do talk with a lot of people everyday, but that's all about visa and AIP and rejection. There are a very few people who know what I am going through. But none of them are enough, if I combine all of them, they still cannot take place of that one person who has left me without any mistakes of mine.

It's 29th August today,
My medical was updated on 18th June. I received my AIP on 13th August.
On 14th August I had deferred my admission to January 2021 intake but deferred back to September 2020 on 27th August because of flexibility in PGWP that IRCC has announced and because of a hope of going to Canada this year itself as Embassy is reopening VACs in September.
I'll be starting my studies online from 31st August 2020 in my home with a half ticket to Canada and huge risk of refusal.

Who knew we'll have to see so many sad and depressing days just to thrive and keep our heads up for our future.
Who knew we'll see the world going dark because of a virus which we cannot even see.
Who knew our dreams will be shattered and crushed by each passing day of 2020.
Who knew the people who promised to be with us in every situation, will leave us in this tough times.
Who know we were seeing some people for the last time in our life.

Everyone on this forum is going through their own problems and dealing with their own issues.
I want to tell you all, at the end, you'll see the sunrise soon and a better day will arise. Just hang in there and keep your hopes up.
Hope everyone of you get what you want in a very short time. And I hope we all start our normal and happy lives soon.

Here I am going to unsubscribe this thread and every other thread on this forum by adding this huge comment for a last time.
I have AIP, I'll start my a new journey from next Monday. I wanted to start it in Canada. But whatever I have now, I want to be happy with everything.

Wish you all the very best of your luck. Stay safe. Hope to see you all in Canada soon. JSK.

shrip15

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
Hey it would be appreciated if someone can give me answer of my following query.

Can I get automated reply from ircc after I will submit online application under SDS category?

If yes then can you please post email format in reply.

Thanks in advance!

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Hello everyone. I got this email from IRCC with a pdf attached. It says...

"You are receiving this notification as an officer has reviewed the information and documents you
provided to support your study permit application. Based on this preliminary eligibility
assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing.

Additional information and documentation may be required in order to continue processing your
application. If we previously requested that you complete biometrics and/or a medical
examination and submit a police certificate, please do so as soon as you are able to. If you have
not received a request from us for additional information or documents, please await further
instructions.

Once we have received all requested information and documents, we will complete our
assessment of your application and we will inform you of the final decision (approved or
refused) made on your application
."

Does that mean I've got Approval In Principle? My medical still says pending and biometrics not possible yet because VFSs are closed in India.

My application is for Spring 2021 and i had heard this 2 stage approval is only for Fall,2020 candidates. Can anyone explain what stage i am in?

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Hello everyone. I got this email from IRCC with a pdf attached. It says...

"You are receiving this notification as an officer has reviewed the information and documents you
provided to support your study permit application. Based on this preliminary eligibility
assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing.

Additional information and documentation may be required in order to continue processing your
application. If we previously requested that you complete biometrics and/or a medical
examination and submit a police certificate, please do so as soon as you are able to. If you have
not received a request from us for additional information or documents, please await further
instructions.

Once we have received all requested information and documents, we will complete our
assessment of your application and we will inform you of the final decision (approved or
refused) made on your application
."

Does that mean I've got Approval In Principle? My medical still says pending and biometrics not possible yet because VFSs are closed in India.

My application is for Spring 2021 and i had heard this 2 stage approval is only for Fall,2020 candidates. Can anyone explain what stage i am in?
Congratulation it's AIP.