+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

MoreTokens123

Aug 4, 2021
Hi guys, just want to update that I sent my UP for Citizenship grant on Friday - still haven't heard anything yet. Anyone know how long the process usually takes?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys, just want to update that I sent my UP for Citizenship grant on Friday - still haven't heard anything yet. Anyone know how long the process usually takes?
Varies. The documents will be sent to the office on the day you receive a response to your webform request. That could take about 8 - 10 days from now. Once the documents are added to your file, give it a couple of days and then call IRCC and check the status of your request.

Good luck!

MoreTokens123

Aug 4, 2021
Varies. The documents will be sent to the office on the day you receive a response to your webform request. That could take about 8 - 10 days from now. Once the documents are added to your file, give it a couple of days and then call IRCC and check the status of your request.

Good luck!
Thanks so much. I'll give them a call on Thursday and see what's happening. Do you just ask, hey I applied for UP, haven't heard anything - can you provide an update?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi Raj & All,
Finally, I became a Canadian Citizen. Attended Oath Ceremony. The details as follows:

1. Enter your Zoom ID and Password (I logged 30 mins before)
2. Administrator will allocate Room number
3. You are waiting in the Private room
3. Someone will join (different than Administrator) to check Driving License, Health Card (for kids) and PR cards, Completed Oath forms
4. You are waiting to join in common room where everyone will be there along with Judge
5. Judge will advise to take oath
6. O Canada - Video play
7. Back to private room - To cut PR cards and sign Oath form in front of the official (This person is same as who initially checked all the documents)
8. If you say yes to take photos with Judge, you will be back to private room
9. Judge will join , where you can take pictures with him/her
10. Leave meeting room

I did send signed forms to email address that they provided in Oath letter.

Thanks Raj and everyone for their continues support.

Still, i need to follow up with CIC for my wife application......:):)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj & All,
Finally, I became a Canadian Citizen. Attended Oath Ceremony. The details as follows:

3. Someone will join (different than Administrator) to check Driving License, Health Card (for kids) and PR cards, Completed Oath forms
4. You are waiting to join in common room where everyone will be there along with Judge
6. O Canada - Video play
7. Back to private room - To cut PR cards and sign Oath form in front of the official (This person is same as who initially checked all the documents)
10. Leave meeting room

Thanks for the update and congratulations!

Could you please provide the date when you received your oath invite email? Thank you!

Reactions: nathaniel_d

bdeb

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi guys

have some good news for you and sorry for being late to post it.
So finally I am a Canadian citizen and received my certificate yesterday. Now next step applying for my passport . Wish you all the best and very soon will all enjoy our Canadian citizenship.
Congratulations!

bdeb

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Thank you.
It took around an hour and a half, we were 20 people in the ceremony . It starts with around 6 people with you to hear some instructions then they put you in a waiting room . When it’s your time you go to private room with officer to double check your address and PR and driving license. Then send you back to common room till every one is ready. Judge will welcome you and then do the oath and sing the anthem. Then you can ask any questions if you have and you can leave. The link to the ceremony doesn’t work from out side canada . Family member can join the public part of the ceremony through the same link. They ask you to sign the oath certificate and cut your PR and send a picture and a PDF to the email they sent the invitation from.
Hope that was useful.
Good luck.
Question: Once the PR card is cut during the oath ceremony, one can't travel outside of Canada until receiving the Canadian passport, correct?

bdeb

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi Raj & All,

6. O Canada - Video play
10. Leave meeting room

Congratulations!

Reactions: nathaniel_d

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Hi Raj & All,

6. O Canada - Video play
10. Leave meeting room

Massive Congrats! :)

Moonyflower

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
Question: Once the PR card is cut during the oath ceremony, one can't travel outside of Canada until receiving the Canadian passport, correct?
Correct. Once you are Canadian citizen you need a Canadian passport to enter canada except if you have an American passport.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Correct. Once you are Canadian citizen you need a Canadian passport to enter canada except if you have an American passport.
Well, AFAIK, anyone who is a Canadian citizen needs a Canadian passport to enter Canada (and this includes American-Canadian dual citizens).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/dual-canadian-citizens-visit-canada.html

Dual Canadian citizens can no longer travel to or transit through Canada by air with a non-Canadian passport. You need a valid Canadian passport to board your flight.

If your country needs you to enter and exit that country using a passport issued by its government, you will still need a valid Canadian passport to board your flight to Canada. Make sure to carry both passports when you travel. Find out more about why you must travel with a valid Canadian passport when travelling by air.

Canadian-American dual citizens
If you’re travelling by air from the US to Canada, you should bring a valid Canadian passport and a valid US passport or travel document to board your flight.
  • Carrying both documents as proof of citizenship may help facilitate both entry into Canada and return to the United States.
  • Contact the nearest Government of Canada office abroad to find out what your options are prior to making travel arrangements.
  • Also visit the US travel page for more information.