+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

RitJ

Mar 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send an email to the email ID provided under the 'Rescheduling' section in the attachment that came with your test invite email with the subject "Outside Canada" and request permission from IRCC to take the test outside Canada. If they respond positively, you can take the test from outside Canada.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date
Thanks Raj. I actually logged in after a long time. I will provide my details shortly. So coming to the response - I let the local office know (I think it’s Scarborough) that I am outside of Canada and they said I should reschedule and take the test once I’m back.
Should I reach out again and let them know that there are some applicants who are getting this option..and request to take the test from outside of Canada?

RitJ

Mar 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What did you end up doing ?
I told them about my situation and they said I should reschedule and take the test once I’m back. Are you in the same boat? What’s your local office?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks Raj. I actually logged in after a long time. I will provide my details shortly. So coming to the response - I let the local office know (I think it’s Scarborough) that I am outside of Canada and they said I should reschedule and take the test once I’m back.
Should I reach out again and let them know that there are some applicants who are getting this option..and request to take the test from outside of Canada?
That's weird. Did you send an email to the email ID in the test invite letter? One of the first applicants to report s/he was allowed to take the test outside Canada was an applicant who received test invite from Scarborough.

What exactly did you tell them in the email?

Did you lead with "I am currently outside Canada and have received a test invite. Could you please provide permission to take the test abroad?" OR did you say "I am currently outside Canada and have received a test invite. Could you please let me know how to proceed?"

Several applicants have successfully taken their tests abroad.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Call the call center and see if they can confirm. And then email your office saying that other offices are allowing and call center is also confirming on taking test outside hence request them to take it from outside.

Last edited:

RitJ

Mar 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's weird. Did you send an email to the email ID in the test invite letter? One of the first applicants to report s/he was allowed to take the test outside Canada was an applicant who received test invite from Scarborough.

What exactly did you tell them in the email?

Did you lead with "I am currently outside Canada and have received a test invite. Could you please provide permission to take the test abroad?" OR did you say "I am currently outside Canada and have received a test invite. Could you please let me know how to proceed?"

Several applicants have successfully taken their tests abroad.
Well…the letter said that I need to be present in Canada. So i thought giving the test while being outside was not even an option. I only asked them to reschedule and told them I am outside of Canada. To which they responded ‘we ask you to not take the test until you’re back in Canada.’
Yes. I sent an email to the id mentioned in the letter.
Should I call CIC or send an email?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Well…the letter said that I need to be present in Canada. So i thought giving the test while being outside was not even an option. I only asked them to reschedule and told them I am outside of Canada. To which they responded ‘we ask you to not take the test until you’re back in Canada.’
Oh well, this is very strange. Did they just decommission this option again. OMG, this is very inconsistent behavior on the part of IRCC :-(. Not sure, try sending an email again telling them several applicants from the same office have taken the test abroad. It is probable that the agent that responded to you wasn't aware of the new developments. If they say "No" again, then you probably have to reschedule or travel to Canada to take the test.

RitJ

Mar 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh well, this is very strange. Did they just decommission this option again. OMG, this is very inconsistent behavior on the part of IRCC :-(. Not sure, try sending an email again telling them several applicants from the same office have taken the test abroad. It is probable that the agent that responded to you wasn't aware of the new developments. If they say "No" again, then you probably have to reschedule or travel to Canada to take the test.
Thanks Raj. Appreciate your response. Anyone knows CIC contact number from outside of Canada?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
What is the date at the left side footer of the letter cause IRCC started issuing out letters to take test outside canada from 2021/06 cause that's what was on my letter that I got from Windsor office.

@harirajmohan Do you want to confirm if you got the same month letter ?

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
I told them about my situation and they said I should reschedule and take the test once I’m back. Are you in the same boat? What’s your local office?
I’m outside Canada, and my local office is Calgary. I called IRCC and they said the test can be taken from outside Canada. I’m not sure why it’s not consistent across all local offices.

Reactions: Krekls