+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

ameesha

Mar 18, 2021
Hello. I received the email for Citizenship test on June 30. Please update the tracker.
Is the test hard? I have gone through discover Canada. Do I need to be doing practice tests etc.?

Reactions: varlam

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello. I received the email for Citizenship test on June 30. Please update the tracker.
Is the test hard? I have gone through discover Canada. Do I need to be doing practice tests etc.?
I've updated the spreadsheet. Please post an update once you take the test and any further updates to your application. Thank you!

Test isn't that hard.

Discover Canada is the main resource. Read the entire book at least once.

In addition to that, prepare using the following:

Notes from Discover Canada and Sample tests.

Reactions: Krekls and ameesha

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I've seen a couple of cases lately where the BG checks was "Completed", the applicant took the test but the applicant received a FP request after all that. One such case was DM'd to me by a September applicant. FP was requested after a month had passed after passing the test.

"I received an invitation June 4th, took the test June 7th (passed) and just received a request for fingerprints today."
Unfortunately, this might affect any of us without a "Decision Made" status. In other words, this might affect anyone who still has "Prohibitions" set to "In Progress" even if the applicant took the test and test results were validated.

Last edited:

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
i passed the test 20/20 and my paged is updated.

Pls update the spreadsheet. Thank you.

Jul 5, 2021
Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

Jul 2, 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test
Congratulations! :)

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Test invitation email received. So they are adding this point in the standard format.
================================================================
If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test

from outside of Canada, please contact us XXXXXXXX@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and

indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application
number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you
with the next steps after we receive your email.
=================================================================

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Test invitation email received. So they are adding this point in the standard format.
================================================================
If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test

from outside of Canada, please contact us XXXXXXXX@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and

indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application
number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you
with the next steps after we receive your email.
=================================================================
I have updated the spreadsheet!

smilysmoke19

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
i applied my notes and after 30 days i got yhis email can any body teel me what i have to do now?
This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on May 31, 2021, for the following records:

The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the citizenship file concerning

We are writing to inform you that we require further information in order to continue processing your request. Your request is being placed on hold for the following reason(s):

We require that you confirm which specific information you would like to receive:
- The electronic file, which include the file status and updates, the notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) as well as reasons for any refusal; or

- The application forms, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC, which includes the information submitted during the application process.

Note that your request will remain on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by July 30, 2021, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.

Please reply to this email with the required information, or by mail at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
360 Laurier Avenue W
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. The complaint form can be retrieved at:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
i applied my notes and after 30 days i got yhis email can any body teel me what i have to do now?
This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on May 31, 2021, for the following records:

The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the citizenship file concerning

We are writing to inform you that we require further information in order to continue processing your request. Your request is being placed on hold for the following reason(s):

We require that you confirm which specific information you would like to receive:
- The electronic file, which include the file status and updates, the notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) as well as reasons for any refusal; or

- The application forms, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC, which includes the information submitted during the application process.

Note that your request will remain on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by July 30, 2021, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.

Please reply to this email with the required information, or by mail at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
360 Laurier Avenue W
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. The complaint form can be retrieved at:
LOL. They took 30 days to send you this? OMG!

Respond with this :

" The electronic file, which include the file status and updates, the notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) as well as reasons for any refusal "