+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

LandCanada2021

Feb 22, 2021
The same thing happened to us. I wouldn’t recommend doing your upfront medicals until you are asked to.

They are currently applying for medical extensions for people inland. If this is the case, you will get an update stating that you passed your medical in the near future.

Mine went from “passed” to “you don’t need a medical now” in March 2021. At the start of this month it changed to “passed” again.

The notes showed that they approved the extension.

Sit tight.
What about FSW Outland. Should those with expired (or about to expire soon) medicals do upfront remedical?

Reactions: CarlCoco

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

1. IRCC will send you a request for a new photo if required.

2. It is of no concern. What matters is that you submitted your sibling's documents. Whether your sibling is currently in Canada or not is immaterial for the purpose of the processing of your application.

3. No, you can open as many bank account in any country, IRCC has nothing to with it.

atif mehmood

Dec 7, 2017
1. IRCC will send you a request for a new photo if required.

2. It is of no concern. What matters is that you submitted your sibling's documents. Whether your sibling is currently in Canada or not is immaterial for the purpose of the processing of your application.

3. No, you can open as many bank account in any country, IRCC has nothing to with it.
Thank you for the response

Reactions: legalfalcon

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Dear Harsha, I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. In addition, according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act: 11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation. Section 11.2 of the Act requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for permanent residence is received. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated: Arranged Employment: for which you claimed 50 points After examination of your application and the documentation that you submitted, I note that the job offer letter from your current employer XXXXX LTD does not indicate a continuous full-time job offer for a total duration of at least one year to once permanent residence granted. This is necessary to meet the qualifying offer of arranged employment requirements set out in section 29 (2) (b) of the Ministerial Instructions. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you have a qualifying offer of arranged employment as described in the Ministerial Instructions. This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of Act. Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application. You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid. The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted. You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website as you are no longer an Express Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from any private job board websites, if you used any. If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must meet the minimum requirements to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will be issued another invitation to apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry. Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sorry buddy :( It must suck so bad. One small silver lining is that your employer is ready to provide an updated employment letter but yes lost time cannot be recovered. It would be great lesson for others if you could share the original letter your employer provided, so that others do not repeat the same mistake.
Hope you find a path forward.

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Nothing changed since last update , security not started and other stages cleared . Almost all inland applicants from September got approved . Last time my file was touched on April 10. Really frustrating

@legalfalcon can you provide some insights on what might be happening in our case and is this a something to be concerned , as most of the inland applicants from September got approved.
The key word is "almost all", there are few people like you and me who have been left behind, its sad and depressing. Sorry couldn't provide hope or encouraging news :rolleyes:

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Hi,
Can you please share at what time did you call IRCC? I tried reaching the agent but could not get through. I have received only one recorded message after trying to call IRCC multiple times that "All our agents are busy at the moment so we cannot connect you to them. Please try Later"

Is there any trick to get through them?
No special tricks other than endless patience. My guess is they take only so many calls a day, after a certain point one hears the message you mentioned. Try to call close to their opening time, try different days, just keep trying, there is no trick. Sheer damn luck

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Hello All,
My AOR was in 2020 Sept. Dec 2020 i got the medicals cleared and biometrics. After that no changes in the profile till date. I am inland and my daughter who is 6 year old in India. I called IRCC last week and checked the status they told all my checks are completed on May 20th and final decision is pending.I asked IRCC that why my profile is not updated any of these status the agent told that it will be updated once the Final decision is made. My profile nothing is updated after December 15th 2020. I was in an assumption that every step completed the profile also gets updated. Can any one knows about this , is this the normal way or something which is not right. ?

Thanks in advance
Rose
They update status in some weird non-linear way. People have pending status on some steps even when they receive approval! There's nothing we can do other than hope/pray

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Same. My eligibility is recommended pass. Criminality and Info sharing in progress. Security not started. AOR 22 Sep 2020. PNP Inland. I ordered gcms notes and got issued on 17 May, my application has not been touched since 4 December 2020.
I am not PNP but otherwise same status. IRCC is working since every few days someone gets COPR but looks like select few have to wait and wait. Hope the officer will look at our files too, no idea what strategy they use to choose which file to work on!

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Finallllly pr approved.

AOR- Sept 16 Cec Inland. No dependant. I contacted my MP last week & received a call this morning from his office that my Pr was approved on June 7 & I will receive my COPR shortly. I can finally sleep at night peacefully now.

see you all in citizenship thread.
Congrats, please do sleep peacefully on behalf of all the ones who are still waiting for the miracle email. By the way what's MP?

Joyrosmen

Jun 23, 2021
NS
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa + Halifax
AOR Received.
05-09-2021
Update from IRCC website:

Last updated: June 29, 2021
Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between August 31 and September 5, 2020
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

IRCC website link here

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Update from IRCC website:

Last updated: June 29, 2021
Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between August 31 and September 5, 2020
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

IRCC website link here
Thanks for the info. But does that even mean anything? Ex. @LoveYVR has AOR- Sept 16 but got approved! @20200919 has AOR: September 19 and got COPR letter itself!

Joyrosmen

Jun 23, 2021
NS
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa + Halifax
AOR Received.
05-09-2021
Thanks for the info. But does that even mean anything? Ex. @LoveYVR has AOR- Sept 16 but got approved! @20200919 has AOR: September 19 and got COPR letter itself!
I know... there are even people from 2021 who received their PR before us... But it could mean that they are finalizing the last ones.
We will see, I'm AOR sept 5, if I follow this, I should receive my COPR very shorty in the next days (next update is usually every Wednesdays)

I_Seeker

May 6, 2021
Did you get copr ? how long it takes to get PR approved if they extend medical?
We are FSW Inland and have not received our CoPR yet. I believe they are starting our background now (last thing).

@legalfalcon:

Background Is the last thing required looking at the GCMS notes, it had not yet been started.

Yesterday we were asked to complete a Shedule A (5669).

1. Do you know what reasons they may have decided we needed this?
2. Does this mean it may be a comprehensive check?
3. If not, is the average wait time still 110 days to complete background checks?

Thanks in advance for the help

NataliaBazz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Hi there! I'm outland applicant, just got ita a week ago. Question to this thread, as you've been waiting for a long time. Did many of you get corps? I'm asking because I'm hesitating to pass medicals as the process may take more than a year after submit because of backlog and I don't want to get my medical expired. So, you sent your docs in September 20, I'm wondering if you got yours corp. Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
We are FSW Inland and have not received our CoPR yet. I believe they are starting our background now (last thing).

@legalfalcon:

Background Is the last thing required looking at the GCMS notes, it had not yet been started.

Yesterday we were asked to complete a Shedule A (5669).

1. Do you know what reasons they may have decided we needed this?
2. Does this mean it may be a comprehensive check?
3. If not, is the average wait time still 110 days to complete background checks?

Thanks in advance for the help
This is the most common requests, usually sent to verify your information, or if the information is too old, to get an updated info.

As per the manual the average processing time is 110 days. However, due to cOVID, all processing times are no longer valid.

To read on security, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Reactions: I_Seeker