caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I called ircc. The agent said eligibility is passed, criminality in progress and security check not started.

I didnt ask if eligibility is 'recommended passed' or 'passed'.
Do they mention it specifically if its 'recommended passed' or 'passed' OR do we need to ask if its 'recommended passed' or 'passed'?
The more specific the better, but doesn't guarantee you will receive the response you want but can try

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon i called ircc this morning and the agent said all stages are passed since march 11. My AOR is Sept 18 2020 cec inland. How long do you think would it take for COPR as the agent just said due to covid processes are delayed.
That's the answer right there - due to covid processes are delayed, no one can tell how long exactly.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon i called ircc this morning and the agent said all stages are passed since march 11. My AOR is Sept 18 2020 cec inland. How long do you think would it take for COPR as the agent just said due to covid processes are delayed.
No one can predict. You will have to be patient and wait. Once the travel restrictions are relaxed, then most likely things should start to look good.

harsimrannsingh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
September AOR 23
CEC inland + outland dependent
I called IRCC today and luckily connected to a agent.
Eligibly - Recommended PASS
Criminality -- In progress
Security - Not started

Does Recommended PASS means my eligibility part is on safer side and needs final approval from Senior officer ? How long usually Criminality , Security takes to get completed ?

Please advise @legalfalcon
Hi
Did the agent specifically mention that your eligiblity is recommended pass or the agent just said eligibility is passed and then you asked if it specifically??

Thank you

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
I called ircc. The agent said eligibility is passed, criminality in progress and security check not started.

I didnt ask if eligibility is 'recommended passed' or 'passed'.
Do they mention it specifically if its 'recommended passed' or 'passed' OR do we need to ask if its 'recommended passed' or 'passed'?
From my experience, even if they say it is passed it doesn't mean it is conclusively passed, so I don't think you should worry about the difference between the two. In my case, I asked them if it was "Recommended Pass" or
"Pass", they said it is the latter and not the former. However, when I got my GCMS notes, I saw that it was only passed by a case analyst and not yet conclusively passed by an officer. In that sense, it was still a "Recommended" Pass even though on the GCMS notes second page Assessments section, it says "Eligibility: Passed". The strongest indicator that your Eligibility is conclusively passed by an officer is if your Security has been initiated.

Reactions: sibhi8

harsimrannsingh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
From my experience, even if they say it is passed it doesn't mean it is conclusively passed, so I don't think you should worry about the difference between the two. In my case, I asked them if it was "Recommended Pass" or
"Pass", they said it is the latter and not the former. However, when I got my GCMS notes, I saw that it was only passed by a case analyst and not yet conclusively passed by an officer. In that sense, it was still a "Recommended" Pass even though on the GCMS notes second page Assessments section, it says "Eligibility: Passed". The strongest indicator that your Eligibility is conclusively passed by an officer is if your Security has been initiated.
Thank you.

__rsingh__

Dec 1, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2282, 2281
Doc's Request.
22-10-2020
AOR Received.
04-09-2020
New Update on IRCC

Express Entry applications
Last updated: March 24, 2021

Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re working at full capacity to process applications.

You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 24 and 30, 2020

If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

Feb 24, 2021
I am FSW-O living in the US with AOR Sept 29th. I read through some IRCC updates and it looks like they are only processing CEC stream and anyone that's already inland. My application looks like it's moving but I think there's no hope of getting CoPR anytime soon. Given the current situation, does anyone have any idea on when I might get CoPR?

Thank you all.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
I am FSW-O living in the US with AOR Sept 29th. I read through some IRCC updates and it looks like they are only processing CEC stream and anyone that's already inland. My application looks like it's moving but I think there's no hope of getting CoPR anytime soon. Given the current situation, does anyone have any idea on when I might get CoPR?

Thank you all.
I'm FSW as well. Don't expect CoPR until the borders open. A reasonable guess for that is sometime this fall.
The Canadian government says everyone will be able to get their first shot by end of June. If that holds (pay attention to EU vaccine exports), I think we will start hearing chatter in late May/early June about border opening timelines.

Reactions: vigneshrangaraj
Feb 24, 2021
I'm FSW as well. Don't expect CoPR until the borders open. A reasonable guess for that is sometime this fall.
The Canadian government says everyone will be able to get their first shot by end of June. If that holds (pay attention to EU vaccine exports), I think we will start hearing chatter in late May/early June about border opening timelines.
Thank you for the answer. If the border opens back up in May, they will probably focus on clearing outland applicants from back in early 2020, right? So that puts me with any chance of getting CoPR somewhere around Nov/Dec 2021. Am I wrong?

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Thank you for the answer. If the border opens back up in May, they will probably focus on clearing outland applicants from back in early 2020, right? So that puts me with any chance of getting CoPR somewhere around Nov/Dec 2021. Am I wrong?
The border will not open in May. Later in May we might start hearing about plans for opening the border. I would be shocked if the border opens before all Canadians are vaccinated, so July or August at the earliest.

As for the rest... no one knows. Nov/Dec feels pretty realistic to me honestly given your AOR but that's just a gut check.

Reactions: vigneshrangaraj

Happysnake

Jan 14, 2021
The border will not open in May. Later in May we might start hearing about plans for opening the border. I would be shocked if the border opens before all Canadians are vaccinated, so July or August at the earliest.

As for the rest... no one knows. Nov/Dec feels pretty realistic to me honestly given your AOR but that's just a gut check.
I think he meant the US-Canada border. It does seem at the moment that it will be opened on May 21st.

maiavfx

Dec 28, 2020
Paris
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-09-2020
Med's Request
18-11-2021
Hey guys,

is possible to apply for a PNP program although I have an active entry express profile? (already received ITA and waiting for PR)

thanksss