+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

joshi.akhil

Jul 9, 2019

KuriousMind

Apr 21, 2020
My AOR is September 1st cec inland.
Vo Ottawa.
My question is Recently a lot of mid September AOR got their COPR. Does anyone have any idea when I can expect COPR.
my work permit is going to expire end of next month. Should i wait for COPR or apply for work permit extension?

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Any pnp inland got approval?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thank you very much for the detailed insightful response, it makes great reading with full understanding. Data privacy and protection should be paramount to all applications just as the same way they want to get their PPR/COPR.

I've seen posts, threads in forums and platforms where some naive applicant has inadvertently leaked all his information by virtue of innocence or anxiety to get updates; imagining my data with my family details out in public gives me horrors. I really also want to use this message as an eye-opener and challenge the way applicants put the benefit first of ordering GCMS notes over their own data. Applicants especially outlanders like myself should deliberate and critically judge on the grounds for GCMS (even though I applied from GCMS notes a day back but have not sent the consent form, I don't mind losing the money but am seriously concerned about the way my information is handled and processed).

When Canada has stringent laws enforced in place for data privacy and protection (ATIP) then why does the applicant (outlander) cannot apply for the notes himself? Why is there a necessity for the involvement of a third party? GCMS notes contain very sensitive information on the applicant, his/her dependents, and this is shared upfront to a 3rd party, ( of course with the applicant's consent) but what is the guarantee or assurance on the data integrity and quality, how can the applicant be sure of the notes received are genuine........very tricky.

I actually, just before your reply was received have ordered GCMS notes from https://www.thegcmsonline.com/ and paid $ 10 for the basic GCMS. This instead of going through 3rd party and signing/scanning a consent form with my 18+ dependent applicant; I could have processed it myself with a sense of relief and satisfaction that my communication is direct with the IRCC rather than a medium in between. Is there any way I can at least bring it to the notice of IRCC this hokey pokey way? Maybe it may not immediately put this on their priority or attention but at least we have someone raising a voice.

As you have given when IRCC responds to a notes request, it sends an email without any encryption or secure way, thus making it vulnerable to manipulation or alteration by a malicious or greedy 3rd party GCMS notes provider. I mean there is no transparency on how dependable the notes are until your application itself is cleared officially in the MYCIC account. Really puts me at a loss of understanding on why an outlander has to experience so many risks for his application progress and update.

My call to all aspirants and PPR hopefuls, please consider the safety of your information over your application. Having said that, I will welcome inputs from fellow outlanders on their experiences on NOTES ordered via 3rd party and their feelings on DPP.

Again @caipsnotes thanks so much for taking time and patience in responding to my post in details. Will keep on following this convo...................
All valid concerns you have raised. To sum it up and as has been said before about being on the internet that if you are receiving something for free or not paying a fair price for it then quite likely you are the product i.e. your privacy/information is what you are bartering with when you get GCMS, join certain FB, WA groups, etc.

Changing processes within the government to tackle some of the things you have raised can take what seems like light years. Back in 2017 there was discussion about making changes to certain processes; see https://www.ourcommons.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/CIMM/meeting-46/evidence and this statement below and the last para in particular that mentions of Gcms Notes

But, you may have a chance to voice your concerns with the government directly about the ATIP process, go to this Canadian govt. web site and see how you can participate
https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/access-information-privacy/reviewing-access-information.html

From a recent presentation this is what the above website is about and the opportunity to participate.

harsimrannsingh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
I called ircc. The agent said eligibility is passed, criminality in progress and security check not started.

I didnt ask if eligibility is 'recommended passed' or 'passed'.
Do they mention it specifically if its 'recommended passed' or 'passed' OR do we need to ask if its 'recommended passed' or 'passed'?

Reactions: Kerikeri

Sk97

Nov 26, 2020
@legalfalcon i called ircc this morning and the agent said all stages are passed since march 11. My AOR is Sept 18 2020 cec inland. How long do you think would it take for COPR as the agent just said due to covid processes are delayed.