21/04/2021

swapnil14

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon
The passport given name is updated from A B to A(i.e. middle name is dropped); ircc is informed by raising the webform and uploading the scanned copies of new passport (with given name A), old cancelled passport (with given name AB), a one and same person affidavit (as a linking document), one/two public documents in India with name A (as additional proof) and a LOE.
  • What other documents would be needed to be uploaded?
  • How long does it usually take for ircc to update the file after raising a webform for such a change?
Later after such a change in passport details, when the biometrics resume for express entry applicants, and I go to submit biometrics with both passports (old and new) and BIL(which has given name A B), then do you think there would be any issue during biometrics submission or would it be denied? What care/documents should I take to be able to submit biometrics?
Or in such a scenario, does ircc issue a new BIL to match the updated name on passport?

Thank you in advance for all your help. You are a saviour and a guide for all the people like me who try to understand the process and want to take right decisions.
Hi,

I am also in the same situation. I did submit my wife's amended passport, marriage certificate and name change affidavit to change her name in the system. However, today I received the BIL for her and it has her former name. Did CIC send you an updated BIL or the current one would work?

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
CEC - AOR Sept 8

Called agent today to confirm status.

Eligibility passed
criminality passed
security not start yet.....

Does any know how long does it take to complete security check!?
Congrats, passing eligibility is a major step, do you know your VO?

kabir.singh

Oct 1, 2020
Thanks. This website means the people who are CEC and in Canada doesn't have to do the flagpoling.

IF I go with the option to submit a passport at my home country's VO I can get COPR via email and then at Canada's airport when I comeback I can show the COPR and based on that the PR will be mailed to my Canadian address.

Is my understanding correct?

Anyone in Canada, whether CEC or not, has to follow the procedure. Flag-polling was done away with after travel restrictions were placed.

As regards COPR, it will depend on whether you are from a visa exempt country or not. IF you are, then you will only need a COPR. If not, then you will need a COPR and a PR visa to travel to Canada. If you re outside Canada the COPR will be sent to you by the local visa office by mail and not emails.

COPR by emails is one sent to applicants who are in Canada.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks a ton!!

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
As per my current application status, eligibility is passed (by the officer), criminality is passed but security has not started. So, what do they check in security. @legalfalcon

Security is initiated by IRCC, but currently there are administrative delays even after your eligibility is passed. A security screening can be a record check or a comprehensive check.

To read on what is included in security screening, the agencies that are involved, how long it takes and what is done, see the comprehensive post at https://bit.ly/3sFn5ut

Security screening takes an average of 110 days for most applications.

GhanCIC

Jan 21, 2021
CEC - AOR Sept 8
My GCMS note under eligibility section says,
Please review: EDOC****** A11.2: Review Required R87.1: CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENT - Appears Met Ready to Finalize, RPRF: Complete

What does that mean, Is it ready to finalize or still review required on eligibility?
@legalfalcon

Last edited:

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
CEC - AOR Sept 8
My GCMS note under eligibility section says,
Please review: EDOC****** A11.2: Review Required R87.1: CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENT - Appears Met Ready to Finalize, RPRF: Complete

What does that mean, Is it ready to finalize or still review required on eligibility?
I think Eligibility is Recommended passed. Your VO and CEC Inland?

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Yes, CEC Inland and VO is Centralized intake office
I think you can see primary and secondary office. Centralized intake office is just before medicals i think.

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
Hi guys,
CEC
ITA Agust 20
AOR Sep 3rd.
My agent sent me this since Dec 23rd then NO updates until now.
- Remaining processing time 10 weeks
- 62% Complete
- Passed Medical Exam Oct 21st
- Do not need additinal documents
- Eligibility is reviewing
- Background check is processing
- Interview & Bio do not need
Anyone has any new progress??

canadadreamertj

Nov 23, 2020
Hoping this helps you.

The situations where you need to be careful is if you are counting the 50 points for arranged employment.

If you have an employer specific work permit, and you leave your job, it is risky as you may lose the 50 points for arranged employment. These 50 points are awarded on the basis of having a valid employer specific work permit at the time of submission, working for the company, and also having a job offer waiting for you for after you get your PR status. If you you leave your job in the middle and IRCC would find out, they may refuse your PR application. It is rare that this happens, but it does happen. IRCC would only find out if an individual would proactively notify IRCC or if the officer would ask for an updated job letter during processing.

The work permits that this applies to are:

• LMIA based Work Permit
  • LMIA-exempt work permit such as a Intra-company Transfer, NAFTA Work Permit, CETA Work Permit, Young Professional Work Permit (via IEC program)
  • Other employer specific LMIA-exempt work permit (Professor, Religious Worker, etc)
If you have an Open Work Permit, this does not apply as you are not eligible for the 50 points for arranged employment in the first place, hence, no risk in losing these points. In the case of an Open Work Permit, you can leave your job in the middle of processing your PR application, as the points you earned were from past work experience that you indicated when you submitted your PR application.
Thanks so Much!

canadadreamertj

Nov 23, 2020
1. Yes, a BOWP is an open WP and you can work for any employer.

2. depends, if your claimed points for your current job, you will have to inform IRCC that you no longer work for the one listed, in case IRCC wants to verify your employment.

3. No, you have an open WP.

4.No.

5. No. However, if you claimed points for arranged employment, and you decide to change your job, your arranged employment may be withdrawn thereby reducing your 50 points.
Thanks a bunch!

Reactions: legalfalcon

SSGray

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Hi guys,
CEC
ITA Agust 20
AOR Sep 3rd.
My agent sent me this since Dec 23rd then NO updates until now.
- Remaining processing time 10 weeks
- 62% Complete
- Passed Medical Exam Oct 21st
- Do not need additinal documents
- Eligibility is reviewing
- Background check is processing
- Interview & Bio do not need
Anyone has any new progress??
Hi,
CEC, AOR Sep21
My application is in the same status as yours. No progress.

SSGray

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
My PR application is in process.
My WP recently changed from closed (LMIA) to Open WP due to this I will be forced to re-sign a contract at my current work. Probably some conditions of the contract will be changed by my employer (such as salary or work hours). Thus, the terms of my job in the revised contract will differ from the terms of my job which were mentioned in the letter of future employment which I sent earlier in support 50 points for a valid job offer (letter of future employment).
Do you think I should inform IRCC about these changes?