Medicals Passed
Biometrics Completed
VO-Ottawa
Criminality in Progress, Eligibility and Security not started

the_eye

Star Member
May 23, 2018
I'm confused.

How is it possible that for some people Eligibility is passed but Criminality in progress and vice versa for some others? Don't they know how to follow a format?

Also, does anybody know what all they check for the "Eligibility" stage?

Koniloca

Aug 21, 2020
Brilliant !! Congratulations !!Can you please share the timelines ? I am FSW - O applying from USA 9 October AOR. I saw your updates in other posts , I believe you also applied from US.

PNP (ONIP)
AOR:Sep 21
Biometric request: Oct 29
Biometric completed: nov 13
PPR email: Dec 10
Passport submitted: Dec 11
PR approved CF created: Dec 15
Fed ex return label activated a while back

Last edited:

hovarda

Dec 18, 2020
Hi all,

FSW Outland
Country of residence/application: Turkey
AOR: 23rd of Sept (paid all the fees upfront)
MED: 9th of Nov
Biometrics given: 12nd of Nov
Ghost update#1: 24th of Nov
Ghost update#2: 18th of Dec

Based on the available info on this platform, I cant understand at which stage my application is.. Can you help? Do you think is it good to go for eligibility? There's an uncertainty regarding one of my work experiences, thats why I need to know :) thanks in advance!
(ps: I am planning to get gcmc notes in mid January if nothing changes..)

My current table:

- Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

- Review of medical results
November 9, 2020 You passed the medical exam.

- Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.

- Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

- Biometrics
November 12, 2020 Completed.

- Background check
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

- Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020

PNP (ONIP)
PPR email: Dec 10
Passport submitted: Dec 11
PR approved CF created: Dec 15
Fed ex return label activated a while back
Good , I guess application was moved quickly because it was already validated for securing the PNP Approval. For non PNP - FSW-O applications , it will be difficult to complete it within 3 months timeline. Congratulations and best of luck for future !!!

Reactions: Koniloca

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Hi all,

FSW Outland
Country of residence/application: Turkey
AOR: 23rd of Sept (paid all the fees upfront)
MED: 9th of Nov
Biometrics given: 12nd of Nov
Ghost update#1: 24th of Nov
Ghost update#2: 18th of Dec

Based on the available info on this platform, I cant understand at which stage my application is.. Can you help? Do you think is it good to go for eligibility? There's an uncertainty regarding one of my work experiences, thats why I need to know :) thanks in advance!
(ps: I am planning to get gcmc notes in mid January if nothing changes..)

My current table:

- Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

- Review of medical results
November 9, 2020 You passed the medical exam.

- Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.

- Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

- Biometrics
November 12, 2020 Completed.

- Background check
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

- Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I don't think you will get any issues as long as your work experience is legitimate and you have provided all supporting documents to provide your work experience. May be if you throw some more light on the uncertainty you were referring to people will be able to help you out.

Reactions: hovarda

hovarda

Dec 18, 2020
I don't think you will get any issues as long as your work experience is legitimate and you have provided all supporting documents to provide your work experience. May be if you throw some more light on the uncertainty you were referring to people will be able to help you out.
You're right, thanks :) One of my work experiences was within an EU traineeship program during my graduate studies. It was paid, full time, and within proper NOC codes and all stated in the letter. But I am not sure if they will count it as a transferrable work experience as it was within my graduate studies. They might consider it as an "internship" and refuse it. The available info on the IRCC website is somehow creating a loophole on the issue.

uetian119

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Ontario
I recently got married with a canadian during PR application. I informed IRCC with via webform and got following response.

If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.

I haven't received marriage cert. Yet. It may take more than a month due to covid.
What to write in LOE as they mentioned in response? Please advise.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
You're right, thanks :) One of my work experiences was within an EU traineeship program during my graduate studies. It was paid, full time, and within proper NOC codes and all stated in the letter. But I am not sure if they will count it as a transferrable work experience as it was within my graduate studies. They might consider it as an "internship" and refuse it. The available info on the IRCC website is somehow creating a loophole on the issue.
As long as your EVL confirms that it was a full time / paid job and you were working more than 40 hours per week you are good.

Reactions: hovarda

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
I recently got married with a canadian during PR application. I informed IRCC with via webform and got following response.

If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.

I haven't received marriage cert. Yet. It may take more than a month due to covid.
What to write in LOE as they mentioned in response? Please advise.
Just advise them via webform that your spouse is Canadian and that due to COVID it will take some time for you to get your marriage certificate, you can then proactively send them a copy of marriage certificate once you get it . They do understand everything is delayed now due to Covid-19 so they’ll for sure understand that

Reactions: uetian119

d_flame_leo

Dec 9, 2020
@legalfalcon
Can you tell me what is the procedure to be followed if the name on passport is updated after getting COPR but the COPR is not yet activated since landing can not be done?

Thanks in advance for your sincere help.

Koniloca

Aug 21, 2020
Today I received passport back with visa stamped and 2 copies of COPR (** sign of relief**).... I want to thank this forum for it's wisdom and sharing my COPR journey below. Best of luck everyone!!!!!

PNP (OINP) - Outland (COR - USA)
GU 1: I might have missed it
GU 2: Nov 24, Application updated but no real update
GU 3: Dec 9th, Application updated but no real update
PPR email: Dec 10, no update in the profile just an email "Ready for Visa/ Prét pour Visa"
Passport submitted via fed ex: Dec 11
PR approved CF created: Dec 14, again no update via email
Email confirmation for profile update: Dec 15th, application approved which I already saw a day earlier
Return label activated: Dec 18th late afternoon
Passport delivered Dec 19th afternoon :)

COPR issued till Medical validity for me it's Aug 2021

Raised 2 webform during my process:
1. To check if they have received medical info
2. Change of employment during the process

Things I learned: To create return ship label before going to the fed ex location.