Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
hi all,
thanks @caipsnotes, first time i call and i got the update.

Application:
AOR: 4 sept
Medical passed: ahead + BIL ahead
applied through lawyer, so cant access the system regularly

- Reviewing eligibility + Background check not started yet.
- background check was 1) we are processing your background application 2) after 45 days: your application is in progress.
@legalfalcon what does this mean?
thanks a lot
Hi. Background check is a generic term for criminality check, security screening and information sharing. As the application undergoes these stages the message changes on MyCIC. You can see all the stages of an application here https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr#stages-of-an-application and since you have a lawyer get him/her to request the Gcms Notes on your behalf to get the exact status. Around 3 to 4 months post AOR is a good time to request one.

Reactions: Jay K

AmalDreams

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
I called ircc today and the agent told me that my application is being processed outside canada.

What does it mean? I got two ghost updates on 2md december and on 3rd my background changed to processing

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I called ircc today and the agent told me that my application is being processed outside canada.

What does it mean? I got two ghost updates on 2md december and on 3rd my background changed to processing
Background check is a generic term for criminality check, security screening and information sharing as the application goes through these stages the message changes. See all the stages here https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr#stages-of-an-application. Also where the application is being processed is not of much consequence as long as the application is progressing well.

Khushi0804

Jan 29, 2020
1. You can update your application or add your spouse to your application until you receive the COPR and it is activated. IF it is activated, then you will have to file a family sponsorship.

See my previous post that discuss this in detail at #8

2. If you apply for family sponsorship, the processing time is 12 months at least after your submit your application, and this is pre-cOVID.

If you can add your spouse to your current application, that is the quickest way.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Koniloca

Aug 21, 2020
Hello did any one get an email “Ready for Visa/ Prét pour Visa” from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca ?

looking at the email it seems they want me to send my passport to Ottawa within 30 days for Copr. Is this PPR email people talking about ? My concern is, I see no updates in my CIC account or message.

PNP (ONIP)
AOR:Sep 21
Biometric request: Oct 29
Biometric completed: nov 13
Citizenship: India
COR:USA

never raised web form, so I don’t know the VO office or status of my application.

EjayMary

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hello did any one get an email “Ready for Visa/ Prét pour Visa” from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca ?

looking at the email it seems they want me to send my passport to Ottawa within 30 days for Copr. Is this PPR email people talking about ? My concern is, I see no updates in my CIC account or message.

PNP (ONIP)

never raised web form, so I don’t know the VO office or status of my application.
Congratulations

Reactions: Koniloca

Prayerworks

Aug 2, 2020

PNP (ONIP)

Yes, that is the PPR email. Congratulations. I got the same, PNP-OUTLAND. Just go ahead and submit your passport with the required document

sim_reet

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hlo evryone
I have a query regarding proof of funds.
How does the currency fluctuations affect the pof amount?
What if the dollar rate increases post AOR and ur pof falls below the required amount ? Will it lead to rejection? If not then what are the ways in which such situation can be avoided.
Thanks

Raj_aud

Aug 23, 2020

PNP (ONIP)

congrats!!! you got within 3 months
Yes, that is the PPR email. Congratulations. I got the same, PNP-OUTLAND. Just go ahead and submit your passport with the required document
Does anyone know how the PPR email looks like for inland candidates?

aranymous

Jun 13, 2018
NOC Code......
NOC 2171
Does passport request means you have passed the eligibility check? Did you receive an email or msg for that step? Congrats
Yes it means i passed eligibility, and security, but i didn't get any email regarding it

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
I called IRCC yesterday. The agent said my eligibility status is "Passed". Does that mean it is just "Recommended Pass" by an analyst or has it been verified by an officer too? The agent didn't clarify this when I asked her, she just said only Criminality and Security remain and she can confirm that Eligibility is passed. Do you think now is a good time to order GCMS notes to ensure everything's good with my application?

Visa office is CPC Ottawa.

Last edited:

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I called IRCC yesterday. The agent said my eligibility status is "Passed". Does that mean it is just "Recommended Pass" by an analyst or has it been verified by an officer too? The agent didn't clarify this when I asked her, she just said only Criminality and Security remain and she can confirm that Eligibility is passed. Do you think now is a good time to order GCMS notes to ensure everything's good with my application?

Visa office is CPC Ottawa.
Eligibility is the most important stage and if you have passed it then you don't really need Gcms Notes and the application will takes its course till approved. To determine if its passed by an officer; if Security is in progress then it's a clear signal that Eligibility has been passed by an officer. Sometimes Eligibility may have been passed by an officer and security has not started due to administrative delays What you can instead of Gcms Notes is that you can send a web form and see what they have to say about Security. Also see this for web form responses https://bit.ly/2FUPKIe