+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

MSAsami

Nov 28, 2020
Hi, I applied for a TRV back in March and I have only received what you a call a ghost update on the 17th and 27th,
On the cic it says we are processing your application. we will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Could someone please let me know what this means and how close am I to getting the TRV as it has been more than 8 months.

astarter

Sep 2, 2020
I got to know about GCMS notes through this forum. Our AOR is Sep 24, 2020 and our medical passed on Nov 19, 2020. We are also soon(end of December or early January) moving to Vancouver as part of our job on a TRV which was also recently approved. I'm wondering if it is a good time to get gcms notes. Our application status is as copied below. I saw couple of update notifications in our account in last 15 days (latest one being from yesterday). Unsure what actually changed since I can't see any specific diff. Should we wait before raising GCMS notes until our eligibility is passed (I'm assuming that's the bullet #1 status). Can someone please advise?

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • November 19, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Phan123

Sep 28, 2020
Hi, everyone. Please is your eligibility reviewed again if you add a spouse post AOR? I got an ADR for my marriage certificate when I raised a webform to inform IRCC of my marriage. It's currently showing the document is being reviewed on my profile. When I spoke with an IRCC agent, he said my eligibility currently has a review going on. I'm not sure if it was passed before I informed them of my marriage or it hadn't been passed before. Criminality has been passed and security not started. @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, everyone. Please is your eligibility reviewed again if you add a spouse post AOR? I got an ADR for my marriage certificate when I raised a webform to inform IRCC of my marriage. It's currently showing the document is being reviewed on my profile. When I spoke with an IRCC agent, he said my eligibility currently has a review going on. I'm not sure if it was passed before I informed them of my marriage or it hadn't been passed before. Criminality has been passed and security not started. @legalfalcon

If the family composition changes after the e-APR has been submitted, the family member added is not subject to eligibility assessment. However, the family member will have to be assessed for medical, criminal and security.

See https://bit.ly/3lgYo2s

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I got to know about GCMS notes through this forum. Our AOR is Sep 24, 2020 and our medical passed on Nov 19, 2020. We are also soon(end of December or early January) moving to Vancouver as part of our job on a TRV which was also recently approved. I'm wondering if it is a good time to get gcms notes. Our application status is as copied below. I saw couple of update notifications in our account in last 15 days (latest one being from yesterday). Unsure what actually changed since I can't see any specific diff. Should we wait before raising GCMS notes until our eligibility is passed (I'm assuming that's the bullet #1 status). Can someone please advise?

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • November 19, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision

When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refer to the programmed called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 3-4 months. Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage.

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant. Lately applicants have started requesting GCMS notes within first 1-2 months, which is not the right thing in my opinion.

While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

To read more on stages of an application: https://bit.ly/2J1vEgO

To read on GCMS notes generally see the thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/

Phan123

Sep 28, 2020
@legalfalcon
Thank you. I was just wondering if my own eligibility would be reassessed. From the article you shared, it mentioned they need to make sure the change doesn't make you ineligible(if it happened before you actually submitted). Also, they requested for only marriage certificate which I thought was quite strange as they usually request for a lot of things from my research including PCC and medicals

atif mehmood

Dec 7, 2017
After 35 mins long wait, I was able to connect with the CIC agent on a call. As per her, my eligibility was cleared on 30th October 2020. My security is yet not started and background is pending for biometrics. So below is status of my application

Centralized Intake Office in Sydney , Nova Scotia
FSW-O (India)
AOR: 22-SEP-20
MEP & BIL: 30-OCT-20 – Biometrics pending.
Eligibility: Passed on 30-OCT-20
Security: Not Started
Background: Pending for biometrics

@legalfalcon - Is security also linked with biometrics? Please guide. Appreciate your expert inputs.
Your ircc account also showing that you have passed eligibility or you just got to know from the call center agent ? Bcz I got my AOR on 17th sep and my account says eligibility under process and BG have not started yet. Got my MEP/ bil on 26th oct after that no update

Aman K

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-03-2020
Doc's Request.
23-10-2020
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02/09/2020
Med's Done....
12/09/2020
Can someone please confirm whether the VACs in India are currently taking biometric appointments only for Family Class Priority applicants and not for EE PR Applicants? @legalfalcon @Sorabhk @Aman K
@zain151 Apologies for the delayed response. Unfortunately, they are not accepting Biometrics in India for EE applicants yet. I have travelled to Dubai and submitted mine this afternoon itself.

Diksha1512

Nov 20, 2019
@zain151 Apologies for the delayed response. Unfortunately, they are not accepting Biometrics in India for EE applicants yet. I have travelled to Dubai and submitted mine this afternoon itself.
Hi ,

I am also planning to go to Dubai for giving my biometrics. Can you share your experience of travelling to Dubai at this time and also anything that might help , knowing in advance . Thank a lot in advance. :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Thank you. I was just wondering if my own eligibility would be reassessed. From the article you shared, it mentioned they need to make sure the change doesn't make you ineligible(if it happened before you actually submitted). Also, they requested for only marriage certificate which I thought was quite strange as they usually request for a lot of things from my research including PCC and medicals

The article clearly states:

To add a family member to the application, the applicant will need to fill and submit an Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406] and pay the applicable fees online. The applicant will also have to provide, medical reports, passports, and the police clearance certificates (PCC) for a family member over 18, and proof of relationship (marriage certificate, adoption certificate, birth certificate etc.).
After your inform IRCC, they will send you a lite of documents, which usually will include:

IRCC will send you some forms and ask for the following documents:

1. An IMM8 Application
2. Schedule A form for spouse
3. Additional Family Information form for primary applicant and spouse.
4. Fee receipt for spouse - Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490).
5. Birth Certificate of spouse, translation, and affidavit of translation.
6. Copy of Spouse's Passport
7. Copy of marriage certificate and marriage registration
8. Wedding Card and Photographs
9. Police clearance certificate for the primary applicant and spouse
10. Spouse's upfront medical
11. Letter of Explanation (If required)

As regards eligibility, it is clearly listed in the article, will depend on whether your family composition changed after submitting your application, eAPR, or before.
If the family composition changes after the e-APR has been submitted, the family member added is not subject to eligibility assessment. However, the family member will have to be assessed for medical, criminal and security, which means that adding your spouse will not impact your eligibility and cRS score.

Change in circumstance declared after an e-APR has been submitted
To assess an application under section A11.2, a processing office must consider the information in an applicant’s profile at the time of the round of invitations and the information provided when the applicant submits their e-APR. After an e-APR is submitted, an application cannot be refused due to a change in circumstance unless
  • the officer determines that the change occurred before the applicant submitted their e-APR and that the change would have caused the applicant to be refused under section A11.2: therefore, the application should be refused under section A11.2; or
  • the change in circumstance means the applicant no longer meets the minimum requirements of the program to which they are applying; therefore, the application may still meet the requirements of section A11.2 but can be refused for failing to meet program requirements.
For example, if an applicant marries before they submit their e-APR but informs IRCC of the marriage only after they submit their e-APR, the marriage can be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment.
If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements. See below for details.
Changes to family composition
All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform IRCC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).
Pursuant to subsection R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine. Similarly, in accordance with subsection R4(2), the principal applicant may not include an adopted child in their application if the adoption was entered into primarily to obtain any status or privilege under the Act or if it did not create a genuine parent–child relationship.
Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide IRCC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)] and pay the applicable fees online.

Reactions: Phan123

Aman K

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-03-2020
Doc's Request.
23-10-2020
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02/09/2020
Med's Done....
12/09/2020
Hi ,

I am also planning to go to Dubai for giving my biometrics. Can you share your experience of travelling to Dubai at this time and also anything that might help , knowing in advance . Thank a lot in advance. :)
@Diksha1512 Its been quite a hassle gathering loads of documents required to get through the entire process (IGI and DXB airports combined).

Before you book anything at all for the travel, do ensure that you have secured an appointment on this website.
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-AppointmentWave1/Account/RegisteredLogin?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+wj/xwjQV05sWPtysuvzK33b8VETnNM7YE+59S5CQOvPAW5xO4yvvDG6p3ClIFECdtGnDKorV4IiNdfb6E+lJR9
The appointment, once booked generates an automated email sent to your respective email address. This email contains option to further "confirm your presence" at the appointment which needs to be done without fail.

NEXT.. COVID RT-PCR test is of course mandatory which needs to be done at any of the ICMR approved laboratories. List is available here which is updated DAILY by ICMR. However, check with the respective lab first if their report is valid for travel to UAE.
https://www.icmr.gov.in/
The report once generated, will be valid for 96hours (from the same of sample collection) and the time validation is checked at Indian Airport twice: FIRST, before checking in your luggage and SECOND, before boarding the flight.
P.S. You can try booking an appointment with VFS for COVID testing, and try to extract information about the labs available in your hometown. You can book through them as well, however, i would not recommend to do so. At the airport, you are required to show a physical certificate stamped by the respective lab. Unfortunately, VFS only send a digital copy over email from what they told me AND that is not stamped.

The list of documents that i had arranged to carry along is as follows:
1) Flight ticket itinerary (bothways)
2) Valid Tourist Visa
3) Health declaration form
4) Quarantine Declaration (on something like that)
5) Mandatory Insurance that covers Medical within Asia. (this is also checked prior to luggage check-in)
6) NEGATIVE RT-PCR issued with less than 96 hours (from the time of sample collection, and NOT the time of report issued)
7) VFS Appointment letter from the email as mentioned above
8) BIL from IRCC
9) Similar to Air Suvidha portal for India, UAE has an app called as "COVID19 - DXB Smart app" where you are required to input all information about your stay itinerary.
P.s. #3 & #4 were recommended by my flight carrier SpiceJet to carry along, but were useless and no one asked for these.

Upon arrival at DXB, Please note on the following:
Upon arrival, you will undergo COVID test and results for this gets published on "Pure Health" app within 24-48hours from the time that sample is collected. Please ensure to stay isolated until the results are available since there is a hefty fine of AED 3000 if caught by Dubai Police (same also applies for not wearing mask in public).
For the COVID test report required for return, there are numerous DHA approved laboratories available accross the city. Some are able to publish the report by the same evening and some even take "at least" 24hours. Even the charges vary from clinic to clinic, ranging between AED180-250 per person, and having a confirmed flight ticket might help you save a few bucks.
Do make sure you complete the quarantine exemption & self registration once you have this report for return on Air Suvidha portal on the link here to make the return more process "convenient"
https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registration

For the day of appointment, please be assured that it barely take 10minutes at the VFS centre.. just a quick IN & OUT because every other individual coming also an an appointment as well (no walk-ins) and the entire system and the staff is veryyy efficient.
Documents required to be carried along:
1) Original Passport
2) VFS appointment letter
3) BIL from IRCC

In terms of my trip, i think it was perfectly timed with 5 days incl day of arrival as i reached DXB at 10AM and departing on Day 5 at 11PM. My appointment was scheduled for 1320hrs on the day of departure itself. Think thats pretty much it for this complicated, yet "productive" trip.
P.s. i travelled DEL-DXB and requirements at the airport from other Indian cities might vary. Please cross-check on those.

Hope this helps and all the best with everything.

zain151

Sep 24, 2019
Thank you @Aman K for your response and as well as for the details provided regarding your DXB trip experience. Goodluck!

Reactions: Aman K

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
FSW-inland
ITA Sep 02 2020
AOR Sep 19 2020
Eligibility passed
Med passed Oct 27
BIL not required( refunded)
Background change: firstly was we are processing your check and now changed to “my application is in progress and will let you know when they start
Criminality and security not started yet.
Not sure which stage I am untill now. Any one in the same timeline? Recent updates? Any COPR issued for this pool candidate?
thanks and good luck for everyone