rayyaanr

Aug 24, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
26-09-2020
My wife and I have a Canadian job offer and we have gotten work permit already as of last week. Additionally, our AoR date is Sep 24, 2020. So far, it seems we are in IP2 phase with medical passed. Since we had to give biometrics as part of our work permit application in September, are we exempted from biometrics for our PR application? We are unclear on what are the next steps for us in our PR application. Can someone please advise
Yes exempted for Biometrics. Should reflect in your account soon. Next procedure is waiting for an update if they require any additional docs etc.

sibhi8

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Why are you not just being patient and wait a few months for an update? It's obvious that you won't get your PR within 3 months!! The estimated processing time is at least 6 months, maybe when you're lucky a bit less!

You are now wasting the time of an immigration consultant to send you your GCMS notes when they could be working on someone's application!
I'm sorry you feel that way but I have a probable cause of an inadequate reference letter and I need to find out at the early stages if I'm going to need to get another reference letter. I need my GCMS notes to see if anything related to my said reference letter is flagged.

If you will be kind enough to refer the below link, it is explained that the best time to order GCMS is after R10, about one month from AOR.

GCMS Notes

In case you have a hard time accessing the above link, I'm pasting important phrases below:

"Does ordering GCMS slow the processing of the file or affect adversely?

The answer is NO. Ordering GCMS is your right and its does not affect your file or your case at all. On the contrary, in some cases since the officer working on your file has to review your file before it is sent out, does update documents received from other agencies and helps your file move forward."

"What is the best time to order GCMS?

While there is a lot of difference of opinion in when to order, but the simple answer is after R10. R10 is a strict review where it is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure that his application is complete. If the application is incomplete, it is rejected and nothing much can be done, except re-filing it. Once your application crosses this stage, which is usually within the first month, that is the right time to order GCMS notes"

An "immigration consultant" does not work on anyone's application. They are called "Immigration officers", employed by IRCC, specifically paid to do this.

Also, kindly refrain from running your mouth off about the patience of an internet stranger because chances are, they might know a bit more than you do and they've done their research and more importantly, you don't know them.

Cheers.!

sibhi8

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
My AOR is September 04th but I haven't received biometrics call yet.
Are you by any chance, an Inland applicant?

What I referred to are all FSW - Outland applicants. All of them were medical professionals except for one from advertising NOC. Timelines are different for Inland applicants since they are inside the country already whereas there is a lot to for the Outland applicants even after PPR. So don't worry if you haven't received the biometrics yet.

piglett99

Aug 14, 2019
Why are you not just being patient and wait a few months for an update? It's obvious that you won't get your PR within 3 months!! The estimated processing time is at least 6 months, maybe when you're lucky a bit less!

You are now wasting the time of an immigration consultant to send you your GCMS notes when they could be working on someone's application!
Wow. That was a bit rude. Actually it can take less than 6 months to receive PR (that’s a fact) and I don’t believe requesting gcms notes is wasting anybodies time. Everyone is within their legal rights to request their notes .

Reactions: roxaino and sibhi8

KuriousMind

Apr 21, 2020
Are you by any chance, an Inland applicant?

What I referred to are all FSW - Outland applicants. All of them were medical professionals except for one from advertising NOC. Timelines are different for Inland applicants since they are inside the country already whereas there is a lot to for the Outland applicants even after PPR. So don't worry if you haven't received the biometrics yet.
I am an Inland applicant. My NOC code is 0631.

Tee0001

Mar 29, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-09-2020
Hi Everyone,

I just realized I did not fill the address on my POF in my address history. What's the implication of this? I am really worried
Anyone? Is there an implication for the address on my POF not matching with ones in my address history?

sibhi8

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Anyone? Is there an implication for the address on my POF not matching with ones in my address history?
It doesn't match for me because when my account was opened, the company HO's address is given to the bank. It is what is appearing on the POF documents. If there's any relevance between your POF address and personal history addresses, it won't raise any red flags.

Tee0001

Mar 29, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-09-2020
It doesn't match for me because when my account was opened, the company HO's address is given to the bank. It is what is appearing on the POF documents. If there's any relevance between your POF address and personal history addresses, it won't raise any red flags.
Thank you very much @sibhi8

Monte6661

Oct 27, 2020
After 35 mins long wait, I was able to connect with the CIC agent on a call. As per her, my eligibility was cleared on 30th October 2020. My security is yet not started and background is pending for biometrics. So below is status of my application

Centralized Intake Office in Sydney , Nova Scotia
FSW-O (India)
AOR: 22-SEP-20
MEP & BIL: 30-OCT-20 – Biometrics pending.
Eligibility: Passed on 30-OCT-20
Security: Not Started
Background: Pending for biometrics

@legalfalcon - Is security also linked with biometrics? Please guide. Appreciate your expert inputs.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
After 35 mins long wait, I was able to connect with the CIC agent on a call. As per her, my eligibility was cleared on 30th October 2020. My security is yet not started and background is pending for biometrics. So below is status of my application

FSW-O (India)

@legalfalcon - Is security also linked with biometrics? Please guide. Appreciate your expert inputs.

Biometrics only place a role for criminality and info sharing, not security.

Security is initiated after the eligibility is conclusively passed.

see #2,521

To know if your eligibility is conclusively passed not you will have to call IRCC and specifically ask for it or see your GCMS notes. For most applicants if the security in in progress, i.e. on page 2 if it is blank, then that is an indicator that the eligibility is conclusively passed.

However, in some cases, your eligibility may be conclusively passed and the security not yet started since not all applications are sent to CBSA / CSIS for security screening. Most are, but not all.

For most security is done within 3-7 weeks. If your security is blank then it means that it is either in progress or passed. Security screening details are always redacted in the GCMS notes and you will see s15 on the top right of the page where the security is. To read on s15 see https://bit.ly/3jvbiZO

To read on security screening and the security screening manual see https://bit.ly/3ouIwfG

Most applicants with have 2-4 security activities in there GCMS notes. See my previous post on this to compare yours #4,803

harsh_8081

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
I was not able to connect to an agent today. Would anyone guide me on which numbers to press after calling IRCC?

Thank you

nitinsha85

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Hi @legalfalcon and others.

I am a CEC applicant and my AoR is on September 22.

Right now my profile is at 35%. I have already submitted my PCC, Upfront Medicals, and Biometrics were done back in March for my Work Permit.

But till today, there is no Medical Passed, Biometrics Passed status in my file.

I still have the message, "You do not need a medical exam", "We do not need your fingerprints".

Can anyone tell if this is something to be concerned about?

Also, I have an existing paper PR application that's running in parallel.

jaspreet brar01

Oct 22, 2020

FSW-O (India)

hi dear..
my aor is 12 th sept..aor-o india... could you please let me know how to call ircc from india to know about the status of file?