+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi,

I am in a similar situaton as you too. MEP was on Oct 20 and the same day I also received the refund letter for biometric fee (since I have provided already last year for my study permit application). However, my biometric status is still showing "we don't need..." and has not changed to "completed". But my biometric information in the upper right side (under my UCI, application number etc.. part) has been updated.

Is it the same for you?

Thanks.
I am in the same situation. Don't know what this means.

Jaynchou

Sep 11, 2020
Hello

Pnp Ontario
ITA
SEPT 16
AOR SEPT 22
MEP: OCTOBER 29
BIOMETRY: exempt. I made them in March 2019.
Ghost Update: NOVEMBER 5 (no change in the app)

BGC: When submitting my file, the message was: "not applicable". "Your request is being processed, we will send you a message when we start the background check."
October 5: BGC message is: "we are currently doing your background check"

Jaynchou

Sep 11, 2020
Hi,

I am in a similar situaton as you too. MEP was on Oct 20 and the same day I also received the refund letter for biometric fee (since I have provided already last year for my study permit application). However, my biometric status is still showing "we don't need..." and has not changed to "completed". But my biometric information in the upper right side (under my UCI, application number etc.. part) has been updated.

Is it the same for you?

Thanks.
The same thing. Only updated in the upper right side, my old biometrics information.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon! Is it possible to receive BIL before MED? The panel physician secretary called me since IRCC is asking for a few more tests. Thanks!

YEs, it is very much possible. If you medicals are outstanding and your R10 is passed, you will get BIL before the medicals are passed.

Reactions: brentmrcs

Balvirkhera

Jan 7, 2020
Alberta pnp inland Applicant
ITA - 8july 2020
AOR - 2 nd September 2020
BIL - 8 October 2020 and RCMP Criminal record check request
Biometric given - 2nd November 2020 i got call from service canada Edmonton 30 October 2020
Current status - I call to IRCC 29 October agent said Eligibility and medical passed and Criminally processing Security not yet started

Good luck Guys

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
@legalfalcon Could you please comment. AOR Sep 21 inland. Haven't received BIL or Medical yet. But my eligibility has : We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements and Background has: We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information. status respectively

I heard these status come at later stage after R10 and medical. Do you think there is some problem with my application?

Reactions: ZxB

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Could you please comment. AOR Sep 21 inland. Haven't received BIL or Medical yet. But my eligibility has : We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements and Background has: We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information. status respectively

I heard these status come at later stage after R10 and medical. Do you think there is some problem with my application?

You are too early in the process. Have patience. It takes 8-10 months to an application to process. The eligibility status will show this until the decision is made and the BGC will change 2-3 times.

The general processing times for all programs have increased. As per the 2019 annual report the average time now is 8-9 months, and this was pre-covid.

<https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2019.html>

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558

Subsequent to this, IRCC also published the evaluation of Express Entry upon the completion of 5 years of express entry in May 2020. A lot of recommendation have been made in it.

AmalDreams

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
AOR- Sept 18
FSW-O
Medical and biometric passed-23 october
I already gave biometric for TRV in 2017,they updated my PR application with those. But that biometric status still says:we do not need your fingerprints...

Raised a webform:

My application is at Sydney, Nova Scotia CIO
Eligibility met
Criminality and security not started yet.

BGC in application: We are processing your background check....

Reactions: KuriousMind

Amr87

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
AOR- Sept 18
FSW-O
Medical and biometric passed-23 october
I already gave biometric for TRV in 2017,they updated my PR application with those. But that biometric status still says:we do not need your fingerprints...

Raised a webform:

My application is at Sydney, Nova Scotia CIO
Eligibility met
Criminality and security not started yet.

BGC in application: We are processing your background check....
how long did it take til they responded to your webform? I thought we can't submit a webform to inquire about our cases till 6 months pass since our AOR day!

AmalDreams

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
how long did it take til they responded to your webform? I thought we can't submit a webform to inquire about our cases till 6 months pass since our AOR day!
Around a week or so. And thats not true, they do say that we need to wait 6 months,but you can still raise a webform just like you can call them and ask them. They may also give a generic reply sometimes. You can go ahead and try.
But do specify your questions like this:

Is my eligibility passed?
Is my criminality passed?

Good luck!

Reactions: Amr87

AmalDreams

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Hi,

Is it the same for you?

Thanks.

Same

Viraj2020

Sep 23, 2020
Visit the website link provided in the letter.
or this link:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
Follow the instructions step by step. You'll reach the payment page where you will have to choose the mode of payment. (500 CAD)
The Debit/Card doesn't have to be on your name for the payment.
After making the payment, you'll be able to download the receipt.
You need to upload this receipt in the additional slot provided in the 'Document Checklist' page (you'll see the slot for RPRF when you open the page)
Thanks a ton!

atisingh

Jan 31, 2020
Hi,

Is it the same for you?

Thanks.
This means biometric information is updated and nothing is required for now...
wait for next update