+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
I've a query about relocation. My MEP/BIL is done now and biometrics have been submitted on the 23rd. I will be relocating from South Africa to India next week, and I'll probably be in India till my application reaches PPR. How do I inform this to IRCC? I've seen two ways described, not certain which is the right one.

In this change of address section, the instruction given is to contact the local VO and to inform them: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html (So in my case this would be South Africa).

In the AOR letter, they've asked for a Case Specific Enquiry form to be raised for any changes in situation including address.

Could anyone advise which is the right way forward please? @legalfalcon would you know perhaps?
You have to send a CSE, and irrespective of where you application is, the change will reflected.
Another doubt regarding this please @legalfalcon. Is there any possibility they'll ask for an updated PCC due to the address change? When I submitted my application, I had submitted a South Africa PCC dated August (within the 6 months requirement). Now that I've moved to a different country, will they need a South Africa PCC dated after my last day in that country?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Another doubt regarding this please @legalfalcon. Is there any possibility they'll ask for an updated PCC due to the address change? When I submitted my application, I had submitted a South Africa PCC dated August (within the 6 months requirement). Now that I've moved to a different country, will they need a South Africa PCC dated after my last day in that country?

IRCC can ask for any additional document until a decision is made on your application.

However, as on the date of application if you provided the PCCs that met the following, then you will most likely not be asked any updated PCC:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18
However, it is at the discretion of the Officer.

Reactions: ns317

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
IRCC can ask for any additional document until a decision is made on your application.

However, as on the date of application if you provided the PCCs that met the following, then you will most likely not be asked any updated PCC:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18
However, it is at the discretion of the Officer.
Thanks for the clarification! If it needs to be done it needs to be done I suppose.

harsh_8081

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
EC Inland

AOR : September 19, 2020

Bio metrics updated before the Medicals. Is it normal ? @legalfalcon

Tracker - 25% progress

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
EC Inland

AOR : September 19, 2020

Bio metrics updated before the Medicals. Is it normal ? @legalfalcon

Tracker - 25% progress
YEs. Very normal. It all depend on when your medials were transmitted by your panel physician to IRCC.

Tee0001

Mar 29, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-09-2020
Category: FSW
ITA: August 5, 2020
AOR: September 7, 2020
Upfront Medical
CRS: 477
NOC 2282
Medical Passed: 13th October
Biometrics: October 16th
RPRF Request: October 21st
RPRF Paid: October 23rd

Viraj2020

Sep 23, 2020
Hi, I need some help. I got a RPRF request letter today, asking me to pay the fee in a week. I cannot understand how to pay it, and what document needs to be uploaded and where?!
secondly, what does this request mean? Is it indicative of any stage my application has reached? Please respond.
@legalfalcon

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Hi, I need some help. I got a RPRF request letter today, asking me to pay the fee in a week. I cannot understand how to pay it, and what document needs to be uploaded and where?!
secondly, what does this request mean? Is it indicative of any stage my application has reached? Please respond.
@legalfalcon
I paid the fees during submitting my application. It has payment button and you can pay it via credit card as well.

Reactions: Viraj2020

Amr87

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the stages of background checks. After I had submitted my AOR, the status of BGC was "we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." After I submitted my biometrics, my application was updated twice , and now the BGC status are, " your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

I have read before about the BGC and the shadow updates, but I'm still confused about it and about my current application progress.

Please advise

zhou79685

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
AOR Received.
16-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
Looking for similar situations!
AOR-8.16 MEP-9.28 BIL-9.28

Provided fingerprints in March 2019 for work permit. Should be exempted by latest biometric exemption policy(sept.22).

Before 10.15, Biometrics details show " we need your fingerprints......."

After 10.15, Biometrics details show "we have not received your fingerprints......” (no changes on Nov. 4 today)

I knew someones who have later AOR received document called "Other" which stated refunding $85 biometric collection fee.

I received "biometric instruction letter" instead. Info section also shows the no of biometrics and expiry date.

Anyone in the same boat???

Diksha1512

Nov 20, 2019
Hi All,
I need help !!!!
So I received AOR on 16th September 2020. I received Biometrics request 2 weeks ago and all the VAC offices are closed in India at the moment.

1. Is our application put on hold till cic receives our biometrics or the rest of the application is kept in progress ?
2. If I go and get my biometrics done from a neighboring country , will they be accepted by cic?
@legalfalcon please help

Last edited:

loree_2009

Star Member
Jun 27, 2009
Medical and biometric update on 4th November
Received letter for biometric fee refund
Hi,

I am in a similar situaton as you too. MEP was on Oct 20 and the same day I also received the refund letter for biometric fee (since I have provided already last year for my study permit application). However, my biometric status is still showing "we don't need..." and has not changed to "completed". But my biometric information in the upper right side (under my UCI, application number etc.. part) has been updated.

Is it the same for you?

Thanks.

brentmrcs

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi @legalfalcon! Is it possible to receive BIL before MED? The panel physician secretary called me since IRCC is asking for a few more tests. Thanks!

sibhi8

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
@legalfalcon
Visit the website link provided in the letter.
or this link:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
Follow the instructions step by step. You'll reach the payment page where you will have to choose the mode of payment. (500 CAD)
The Debit/Card doesn't have to be on your name for the payment.
After making the payment, you'll be able to download the receipt.
You need to upload this receipt in the additional slot provided in the 'Document Checklist' page (you'll see the slot for RPRF when you open the page)

Reactions: Viraj2020