+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Guys got my MEP cleared today. To all those who got MEP/BIL, are you able to see a progress tracker window which provides an estimated time for completion of the process in your CIC account?

I was surprised to find this as I’ve seen no mention of it on any discussions earlier. Is this a new feature added by CIC?
Yes I got MEP/BIL last week, and able to see it after that. Seems just a generic timeline that updates as day go by, not by actual progress.

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
It seems only FSW inland/outland candidates are getting medical/BIL updates with in 3 to 4 weeks. For CEC, it is taking longer. Is my understanding correct? If any one knows the CEC tracker for Sep 2020, please let me know.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
It seems only FSW inland/outland candidates are getting medical/BIL updates with in 3 to 4 weeks. For CEC, it is taking longer. Is my understanding correct? If any one knows the CEC tracker for Sep 2020, please let me know.
Yes your understanding is correct !!

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
But this one is USCIS center. How did USCIS center help in getting biometric for CA PR applications ?
Also , it provides dates only after two weeks. So does it mean that once you get the BIL you want to wait for 2 weeks for an biometric appointment ? Please throw some light on this topic.

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020

millennial_immigrant

Feb 5, 2019
But this one is USCIS center. How did USCIS center help in getting biometric for CA PR applications ?
ASC is an Application Support Center associated with the USCIS, however they will take biometrics for IRCC. From my research you need a confirmed appointment. Check the “Moving to Canada from US“ section of this forum. You will find more information there of people who have done biometrics via ASC. I will also update my experience here once I am done.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
ASC is an Application Support Center associated with the USCIS, however they will take biometrics for IRCC. From my research you need a confirmed appointment. Check the “Moving to Canada from US“ section of this forum. You will find more information there of people who have done biometrics via ASC. I will also update my experience here once I am done.
Thank you very much. Actually I tried looking for available appointments. Every center around me is showing appointment availability after 2 weeks. This was strange as not a single center (Different State than CA) showing immediate appointments. By process they are allowing appointments only after 2 weeks ?

Canadatalk

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Thank you very much. Actually I tried looking for available appointments. Every center around me is showing appointment availability after 2 weeks. This was strange as not a single center (Different State than CA) showing immediate appointments. By process they are allowing appointments only after 2 weeks ?
I think so, last year i had similar situation with my biometric for WP in state MA and ended up booking it after 2 weeks.

sibhi8

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Update:
Passed Medicals & Biometrics Requested - 09 October 2020
Biometrics Scheduled - 13 October 2020

Note: Application page shows a progress bar indicating 15% complete and an estimated time of 5 months remaining.
Update:
Biometrics given at the VAC - 13 October 2020 (0845 HRS)
Biometrics status updated on Application page - 13 October 2020 (1915 HRS)