+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Ainpeespirant

Mar 27, 2019
It will not be an issues. You can go ahead and submit your application with the work reference letter dated July 15, 2020. Since your are only claiming point for the work you have done which is reflected in the work reference letter, it won't matter.

As regards your work permit application, that was an old letter and accurate as of when it was issues.
Thank you for the response. Ideally how long after submitting e-APR I should order GCMS notes to make sure my application has gone through initial checks and is accepted?

I was worried that submitting application on July 15th and not updating IRCC that I stopped working on July 10th could raise questions or misrepresentation.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for the response. Ideally how long after submitting e-APR I should order GCMS notes to make sure my application has gone through initial checks and is accepted?

I was worried that submitting application on July 15th and not updating IRCC that I stopped working on July 10th could raise questions or misrepresentation.
When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refer to the programmed called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 3-4 months. Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage.

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant. To read on stages see https://bit.ly/2RI1G2u

While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

Also see https://bit.ly/3iQbpjk

Reactions: Ad78

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
FSW - Inland
ITA - 02 September 2020
AOR - 18 September 2020

All the best for your application! Keep your progress posted here!

Reactions: Shivzz

Abrar110

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
I am in the exact situation as nelsonbombom regarding PCC and I was about to post a question about it here, but I see that you have answered it already. I am living in Saudi Arabia, and it is one of those countries where the PCC can only be applied for after a request from IRCC.

Just a follow-up question: So I will upload the LoE in which I will mention that I need the request from IRCC to be able to apply for the PCC, but what about the place-holder for the Saudi PCC? I am thinking about uploading a screenshot of the page where it says I don't have to submit a PCC for Saudi now:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html

Would that be the right thing to do?

Thanks in advance, sir!
Dear, I as well live in Saudi Arabia - Riyadh to be specific but I got my PCC. IM me separately to get more details.

Regards,
Abrar

Sep 13, 2020
Hi All,
I have been living in Canada for the last 2yrs on Closed Work Permit. I have been working from India for my Canadian employer since May 2020 due to Covid.
ITA - July
AOR- September 17, 2020
Got married in July and added my wife as dependant in my application. What timeline can I expect my PR to be done?
We finished our PCC and Upfront medical exams. Is there anything else we need to be prepared for going forward? We are currently in the process of joining our bank accounts and moving them to a single address.
Thanks in advance!

Ad78

Star Member
May 31, 2020
In the upload window, you can upload the LoE.
Thanks a bunch. I have another question about the PCC for my country of citizenship: Pakistan. I had the PCCs issued for myself and my wife in 2014. Since then, neither of us has lived in Pakistan for 6 months consecutively. We only visit Pakistan for a few weeks or months every summer. Can I use the same ones now?

To make it clear, I left Pakistan in 2010 and have been residing in Saudi Arabia since.

piglett99

Aug 14, 2019
Hi,
We arrived in Canada June 14th 2018. Lived in Alberta for 2 years and my husband received a provincial nomination from Alberta in June this year .
category : PNP
CRS : 931
ITA : June
AOR September 1st
upfront medical

good luck to all

Ad78

Star Member
May 31, 2020
I think I may have found the answer to the question I posted earlier regarding old PCCs. It seems I can use them as per this page from CIC:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

This is the part that applies to my case:

--------------------------------------

For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
--------------------------------------

Therefore, for the country where I live now (Saudi Arabia): I will apply for the PCC later when I get the request from IRCC. As for my country of citizenship (Pakistan), I will use PCCs that we got 6 years ago. For what it's worth, they don't have expiry dates.

Abrar110

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Thanks a bunch. I have another question about the PCC for my country of citizenship: Pakistan. I had the PCCs issued for myself and my wife in 2014. Since then, neither of us has lived in Pakistan for 6 months consecutively. We only visit Pakistan for a few weeks or months every summer. Can I use the same ones now?

To make it clear, I left Pakistan in 2010 and have been residing in Saudi Arabia since.
PCC from home country is mandatory, irrespective of the duration you lived in there, get it ASAP through your embassy or whatever official channel

Ad78

Star Member
May 31, 2020
PCC from home country is mandatory, irrespective of the duration you lived in there, get it ASAP through your embassy or whatever official channel
Thanks for your reply, dude. Do you have a source or link from an official channel to back this up? Please see my message just before yours. In it, I have referenced the CIC page where it says that for any country other than the country of residence, "the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row".

Abrar110

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Thanks for your reply, dude. Do you have a source or link from an official channel to back this up? Please see my message just before yours. In it, I have referenced the CIC page where it says that for any country other than the country of residence, "the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row".
Don't take chances with interpretation, unless dramatically difficult go with what you have; PCC is mandatory and must be valid in its existence during your application

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/pakistan.html

Ad78

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Don't take chances with interpretation, unless dramatically difficult go with what you have; PCC is mandatory and must be valid in its existence during your application

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/pakistan.html
Thanks for your response, dude. Much appreciated.

However, I think we are looking at the situation a little differently. I know that a PCC is mandatory and I have one. The only thing is that it is six years old, but as per the guidelines on the CIC page that I had shared in my previous message, that isn't a problem because I haven't lived in Pakistan for 6 months in a row after the issuance of the PCC. In your previous message, you said something that is not mentioned on the CIC page that I had referenced: you mentioned that regardless of the duration of the stay, I need to get a new PCC because it was my country of citizenship. I'll ask you again: Is that mentioned anywhere in an official source or is that your personal opinion? As far as I can see, there is nothing on that page about the procedure being different for the country of citizenship. For those of you who haven't seen my earlier message, here is the link again:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

As for "valid in its existence during your application", what do you mean by that? Once again, the page that I had referenced states clearly that:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, my PCC does not have an expiry date on it.

I want to thank you again for your guidance, and I beg your forgiveness for so many questions. I feel that if I have something that is in accordance with the CIC guidelines on the dedicated CIC page, I shouldn't have to go through the hassle of doing it all over again.

I appreciate your patience and kindness. Good luck to all of us!

Last edited:

Abrar110

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Thanks for your response, dude. Much appreciated.

However, I think we are looking at the situation a little differently. I know that a PCC is mandatory and I have one. The only thing is that it is six years old, but as per the guidelines on the CIC page that I had shared in my previous message, that isn't a problem because I haven't lived in Pakistan for 6 months in a row after the issuance of the PCC. In your previous message, you said something that is not mentioned on the CIC page that I had referenced: you mentioned that regardless of the duration of the stay, I need to get a new PCC because it was my country of citizenship. I'll ask you again: Is that mentioned anywhere in an official source or is that your personal opinion? As far as I can see, there is nothing on that page about the procedure being different for the country of citizenship. For those of you who haven't seen my earlier message, here is the link again:

As for "valid in its existence during your application", what do you mean by that? Once again, the page that I had referenced states clearly that:

"Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it is not for the country where you currently live"

By the way, my PCC does not have an expiry date on it.

I want to thank you again for your guidance, and I beg your forgiveness for so many questions. I feel that if I have something that is in accordance with the CIC guidelines on the dedicated CIC page, I shouldn't have to go through the hassle of doing it all over again.

I appreciate your patience and kindness. Good luck to all of us!
I'm glad to offer whatever I can in my humble experience and interaction with different people who've been there done that. What I mean by valid in existence is that PCC normally have a validity and when submitted to IRCC it'd be valid and must be before it's expiration. Six year old PCC itself is the question, do you think the officer would accept a document for security clearance that old? Secondly by default some PCC have 1 year validity otherwise mentioned six or three months;

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/apply-work-permit.html#police