Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a bunch. I have another question about the PCC for my country of citizenship: Pakistan. I had the PCCs issued for myself and my wife in 2014. Since then, neither of us has lived in Pakistan for 6 months consecutively. We only visit Pakistan for a few weeks or months every summer. Can I use the same ones now?

To make it clear, I left Pakistan in 2010 and have been residing in Saudi Arabia since.
As per IRCC:

• For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
So based on this, you can use your PCC from Pakistan issued in 2014. If IRCC requires an updated one, they will ask for it.

Reactions: Ad78

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
PCC from home country is mandatory, irrespective of the duration you lived in there, get it ASAP through your embassy or whatever official channel
Don't take chances with interpretation, unless dramatically difficult go with what you have; PCC is mandatory and must be valid in its existence during your application

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/pakistan.html
What do you mean by home country. There is no such thing as home country. You either have country fo residence or country of citizenship and for both IRCC has clearly stated:

Police certificates
Purpose
To determine if the applicant or their family members have a criminal record or poses a security risk to Canada
Document requirements
According to the requirements below, the system will generate upload fields for the police certificates required in the document checklist using the personal history, travel history and address history provided by the applicant. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate from the applicant. Applicants may also provide additional police certificates in the letter of explanation field.
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18.
  • Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.
Applications that do not include a required police certificate and do not provide supporting documentation where required will be rejected as incomplete.
The officer can exercise discretion when assessing whether police certificates that do not fall within standard IRCC parameters may still be required to process the application. When necessary, an officer can use discretion in their determination of whether or not a client is admissible to Canada by using other documents or mechanisms that are available to them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

There is no such requirement that you have stated above of mandatory PCC from home country. If you are referring to country of citizenship, then too if the applicant has not lived in the country of citizenship for over 10 years and never visited back, there is no requirement for a PCC.

PCC is only required as per the above criteria. Also, there is no such criteria of "valid in its existence during your application." Some PCCs have no expiry date and some do. Also some applications takes 1-2 years to be processed. As long as you meet the above criteria, the requirement you claim to be there is your imagination.

@Ad78

Last edited:
Reactions: Ad78

Ad78

Star Member
May 31, 2020
As per IRCC:

So based on this, you can use your PCC from Pakistan issued in 2014. If IRCC requires an updated one, they will ask for it.
Thanks a bunch, sir. You are a legend.

Abrar110

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
What do you mean by home country. There is no such thing as home country. You either have country fo residence or country of citizenship and for both IRCC has clearly stated:

Police certificates
Purpose
To determine if the applicant or their family members have a criminal record or poses a security risk to Canada
Document requirements
According to the requirements below, the system will generate upload fields for the police certificates required in the document checklist using the personal history, travel history and address history provided by the applicant. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate from the applicant. Applicants may also provide additional police certificates in the letter of explanation field.
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18.
  • Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.
Applications that do not include a required police certificate and do not provide supporting documentation where required will be rejected as incomplete.
The officer can exercise discretion when assessing whether police certificates that do not fall within standard IRCC parameters may still be required to process the application. When necessary, an officer can use discretion in their determination of whether or not a client is admissible to Canada by using other documents or mechanisms that are available to them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

There is no such requirement that you have stated above of mandatory PCC from home country. If you are referring to country of citizenship, then too if the applicant has not lived in the country of citizenship for over 10 years and never visited back, there is no requirement for a PCC.

PCC is only required as per the above criteria. Also, there is no such criteria of "valid in its existence during your application." Some PCCs have no expiry date and some do. Also some applications takes 1-2 years to be processed. As long as you meet the above criteria, the requirement you claim to be there is your imagination.

@Ad78
Dear,
Obviously I meant home country as country of citizenship,

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020

Police certificates
Purpose
Document requirements

@Ad78

My sibling has police case who is outside of Canada. I declared him already under Family information. This will impact my application?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My sibling has police case who is outside of Canada. I declared him already under Family information. This will impact my application?
No, it is your application, no your sibling's. Then you sibling files his own application, then the criminal case, depending if it is serious criminality or not will impact his application.

It won't have any impact on your application.

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
No, it is your application, no your sibling's. Then you sibling files his own application, then the criminal case, depending if it is serious criminality or not will impact his application.

It won't have any impact on your application.
Thanks. Sorry for asking another question. I am in Canada with work permit. In my initial work permit application, I have mentioned my mother DOB which is wrong. Now I have correct one in PR application, this will be an issue?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks. Sorry for asking another question. I am in Canada with work permit. In my initial work permit application, I have mentioned my mother DOB which is wrong. Now I have correct one in PR application, this will be an issue?
It is not a major issue since you have declared it, but you must clarify in the LoE that the date of birth in your previous application was inadvertently entered incorrectly.

Who can be found to be inadmissible for misrepresentation?

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) sets out that a foreign national or permanent resident can be found to have misrepresented for many reasons some of which include:

• Providing information to Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) that is inconsistent, inaccurate, or incomplete, and that as a result has or could induce an error in the administration of the IRPA;
  • Withholding material facts from IRCC or CBSA that are relevant to the matter and that, as a result, has or could induce an error in the administration of the IRPA;
  • Being sponsored by an individual who has been found to be inadmissible for misrepresentation;
  • Following the vacation of a decision to allow of a claim or application for refugee protection; or
  • Following cessation of citizenship based on a determination that this status was obtained by false representation or fraud or knowingly concealing material circumstances.
In one of the cases before the federal court, the issue was, whether prior TRV application in which an employment detail was left out can be added to the PR application, and would this inconsistency be of any concern.

The answer is simple. If you file any application with IRCC, TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason on why you omitted the information has to be provided.

Now I will not be deliberating that if the prior application was refused, why it should be looked into again, or you file a TRV before and you did not disclose an employment but subsequently claimed pints for it in PR and got a PPR without any issues. This is all anecdotal. Just because someone was not caught, does not make him innocent.

They law is clear, while applications for different types of status engage different considerations, it does not necessarily flow that statements made in temporary residence applications cannot affect subsequent permanent residence applications (or vice versa). In Suri v. Canada , the court found that the Officer’s concerns vis-à-vis the contradictions between the Applicants’ temporary and permanent applications were reasonable and based on that the applicant's misrepresentation ban was upheld.

Federal courts have ruled on this numerous times.

Read - Suri v. Canada available at http://canlii.ca/t/grvwt

Similarly, in the case of In Goburdhun v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2013 FC 971 at para 28, Justice Strickland summarized the key considerations outlined in the jurisprudence, including the fact that paragraph 40(1)(a) is to be given a broad interpretation, capturing misrepresentations even if made by a third party such as a consultant, without the knowledge of the applicant (see also Wang v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2015 FC 647 at para 25). The only exception to this rule is narrow and applies in the truly extraordinary circumstances where an applicant honestly and reasonably believed that they were not misrepresenting a material fact and knowledge of the misrepresentation was beyond the applicant’s control.

In your case, the issue is not to big as you did mention your mother, but entered the DoB incorrectly, and if you address it in the LoE and inform IRCC, it should not be of much concern.

Hope this helps!

Koniloca

Aug 21, 2020
Category: OINP nominated EE Outland
NOC: 2173
ITA: 16 Sep 2020
AOR: 21 Sept 2020
Upfront medical, did like a month before getting an ITA

Last edited:

Canadatalk

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Dear,
Obviously I meant home country as country of citizenship,
Even for the country of citizenship, PCC is not asked if you are outside the country for more than 10 years.. In my application I did not see folder created for my country of citizenship PCC as I was outside the country for more than 10 years, It created folders only for the countries where I was in last 10 years...

Canadatalk

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Even for the country of citizenship, PCC is not asked if you are outside the country for more than 10 years.. In my application I did not see folder created for my country of citizenship PCC as I was outside the country for more than 10 years, It created folders only for the countries where I was in last 10 years...
Question for Legend, do I need to send PCC from Home country even if it was not asked (not created folders) in my application ??

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Question for Legend, do I need to send PCC from Home country even if it was not asked (not created folders) in my application ??
See #122 all your questions will be answered.

If you were not asked for a PCC, and you met the criteria posted above, you do not have to provide a PCC.

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
It is not a major issue since you have declared it, but you must clarify in the LoE that the date of birth in your previous application was inadvertently entered incorrectly.

Who can be found to be inadmissible for misrepresentation?

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) sets out that a foreign national or permanent resident can be found to have misrepresented for many reasons some of which include:

• Providing information to Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) that is inconsistent, inaccurate, or incomplete, and that as a result has or could induce an error in the administration of the IRPA;
  • Withholding material facts from IRCC or CBSA that are relevant to the matter and that, as a result, has or could induce an error in the administration of the IRPA;
  • Being sponsored by an individual who has been found to be inadmissible for misrepresentation;
  • Following the vacation of a decision to allow of a claim or application for refugee protection; or
  • Following cessation of citizenship based on a determination that this status was obtained by false representation or fraud or knowingly concealing material circumstances.
In one of the cases before the federal court, the issue was, whether prior TRV application in which an employment detail was left out can be added to the PR application, and would this inconsistency be of any concern.

The answer is simple. If you file any application with IRCC, TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason on why you omitted the information has to be provided.

Now I will not be deliberating that if the prior application was refused, why it should be looked into again, or you file a TRV before and you did not disclose an employment but subsequently claimed pints for it in PR and got a PPR without any issues. This is all anecdotal. Just because someone was not caught, does not make him innocent.

They law is clear, while applications for different types of status engage different considerations, it does not necessarily flow that statements made in temporary residence applications cannot affect subsequent permanent residence applications (or vice versa). In Suri v. Canada , the court found that the Officer’s concerns vis-à-vis the contradictions between the Applicants’ temporary and permanent applications were reasonable and based on that the applicant's misrepresentation ban was upheld.

Federal courts have ruled on this numerous times.

Read - Suri v. Canada available at http://canlii.ca/t/grvwt

Similarly, in the case of In Goburdhun v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2013 FC 971 at para 28, Justice Strickland summarized the key considerations outlined in the jurisprudence, including the fact that paragraph 40(1)(a) is to be given a broad interpretation, capturing misrepresentations even if made by a third party such as a consultant, without the knowledge of the applicant (see also Wang v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2015 FC 647 at para 25). The only exception to this rule is narrow and applies in the truly extraordinary circumstances where an applicant honestly and reasonably believed that they were not misrepresenting a material fact and knowledge of the misrepresentation was beyond the applicant’s control.

In your case, the issue is not to big as you did mention your mother, but entered the DoB incorrectly, and if you address it in the LoE and inform IRCC, it should not be of much concern.

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much.