+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SEPTEMBER 2019 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Ellinismos

Feb 12, 2019
Does anyone know if a change in address with CIC will cause a file to be moved from one visa office to another?

Say if I live in England, and the spousal app is being processed in London VO, and then I move to Vienna. Will the file be sent to Vienna VO and put at the back of the line?

Thus causing what I imagine could be a 6 month delay.

As a follow up to this - what if one is spending time in many many different countries (1-2 months each)? Should you declare an address change to CIC?

lhr93

Feb 3, 2019
Hi everyone.
I apologize if this has been asked before - I'm wondering if anyone can give any insight on why our medical request is so delayed. I see that most people got their medical request along with the biometrics request.
Here are our details -

PA Country: Brazil
Application Received: September 27th
AOR1: November 7th
SA: November 13th
Biometrics Request: November 12th
Biometrics Completed: November 22nd
Moved to VO: November 25th (Mexico City)

Still no medical request. I'd appreciate any insight!
Thanks in advance! :)

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hi everyone.
I apologize if this has been asked before - I'm wondering if anyone can give any insight on why our medical request is so delayed. I see that most people got their medical request along with the biometrics request.
Here are our details -

usually the Quebec`s applicant arrives later request.

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi everyone.
Here are our details -

Depends on your country and probably your visa office. Accra visa office sends out medical examination instruction about 5 months from the date your application was recieved and biometrics instruction is usually sent a week after your AOR1

Reactions: lhr93

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
I have the same situation and it’s been like this for two months, since Dec 5, 2019, that’s when they received my biometrics
It’s the same thing for me. It’s been like this since November 21st, 2019. My representative told me it’s ok. They will update it eventually.

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi everyone.
Here are our details -

I actually went through the spreadsheets for anyone in 2019 who was transferred to the Mexico VO. It looks like in August they changed the order of operations a bit. Now the applications are getting sent to the VO much sooner (around 60 days on average) but the medical requests are coming in later in the process (I don't think anyone who's applied since August has received their medical request yet). It's unnerving for sure! I also checked with my immigration consultant and she said it's all still tracking okay. But adding this change in process on top of the really long processing time for the Mexico VO is super stressful.

lhr93

Feb 3, 2019
Thanks for all the responses above!
Seems like it's still within normal processing times then, and I'll keep waiting.
Have a good one, everyone!

ujash.kadakia

Oct 31, 2019
Congratulations.

Could you please share your timeline as it is on your eCAS profile?
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 15, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on February 13, 2020.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on December 13, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.

Tanyusuf

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 15, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on February 13, 2020.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on December 13, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
Looks good. What is your VO?