13-01-2020
Med's Request
21-02-2020
Med's Done....
22-02-2020
Interview........
09-06-2021
Hi everyone.

If necessity (read: work, employment) causes me to return to Canada during the spousal sponsorship process, does it jeopardize a positive outcome for my spouse?

Another question, related to the first one: what happens if we change addresses during the process? Do we need to notify CIC? Would the file be transferred to the field office closest to our new address?
You need to let them know about your new address.

SBMej

Jan 22, 2020
PA Country - PH
Application Received - Sept 30
AOR1 - Nov 9
SA- Dec 18
Medical Exam Rqst - Dec 18
Biometric Rqst - Dec. 19
Biometric completed - Dec 30
Medical Exam Passed- Jan 5
Moved to visa office - Mississauga , Dec 3

Still waiting for AOR2. Background check is on process.

Do you know guys how long will it take them to do the background check and for AOR2? Thank you!!

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Under details about your application status, mine is showing we don't need your fingerprints, we would send you a message if this changes. But under applicant's information, it is showing my biometrics enrollment number, date of enrollment and validity of my biometrics. I'm a bit confused with the discrepancy. Anyone with similar situation?

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
Under details about your application status, mine is showing we don't need your fingerprints, we would send you a message if this changes. But under applicant's information, it is showing my biometrics enrollment number, date of enrollment and validity of my biometrics. I'm a bit confused with the discrepancy. Anyone with similar situation?
Mine says they haven’t received my fingerprints, but the whole information about my biometrics is there. My representative told me is not an issue, sometimes it takes them longer to update their website.

Glacier

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Hi guys,
Can you please help me know if my husband’s PRR is close or how far do you think our application is from DM?

Here’s our timeline (Status: In process):

Permanent Residence
  1. We received ....... application for permanent residence on September 27, 2019.
  2. We sent ...... correspondence acknowledging receipt of ....... application(s) on December 17, 2019.(this is to confirm that the application arrived to Visa office)
  3. We started processing ........ application on December 2, 2019.
  4. We sent ......... medical instructions on November 15, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.

Here’s our GCKey status:

***(Current Status: Submitted)

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - December 13, 2019:You passed the medical exam.

You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

***(Time bar is at 33%)

Thanks
We are Sept 19,2019 applicants and our file moved to NDVO after medicals so for you next step is your file moving to any of the visa offices - then next update will be Application Received by visa office then they start processing which will be your AOR 2 and then Background check - it may take 2-3 months then pre-arrival letter and then again wait the PPR. It a long wait still so just be patient.

justice12345

Nov 30, 2019
PA Country - PH
Application Received - Sept 30
AOR1 - Nov 9
SA- Dec 18
Medical Exam Rqst - Dec 18
Biometric Rqst - Dec. 19
Biometric completed - Dec 30
Medical Exam Passed- Jan 5
Moved to visa office - Mississauga , Dec 3

Still waiting for AOR2. Background check is on process.

Do you know guys how long will it take them to do the background check and for AOR2? Thank you!!
It depends. I think that is something nobody can really tell. Looks like our application docs are in the same pile. Our application was transferred to CPCM on Dec.5 and background check is still in process until now.

Ellinismos

Feb 12, 2019
Do we need to disclose to CIC each time we take a trip out of our current country of residence? My lawyer seems to think if we don’t it counts as misrepresentation. Really confusing because - especially as someone living in the borderless Schengen zone - I can’t seem to make the connection.

Opinions?

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Do we need to disclose to CIC each time we take a trip out of our current country of residence? My lawyer seems to think if we don’t it counts as misrepresentation. Really confusing because - especially as someone living in the borderless Schengen zone - I can’t seem to make the connection.

Opinions?
You're not misrepresenting anything. Travel listed on your application is travel up to the point of submitting your application. Not a continuing document to be updated throughout the waiting period. Your lawyer sounds like he might need to justify his existence throughout the waiting period to consonantly updating a document not needing an update.

MDh2o

May 1, 2019
My ECAS Updates
Sponsorship
  1. We received your application on September 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 27, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 26, 2019.
File Transfer Email December 13, 2019 (Cairo , Egypt)

Permanent Residence

1. We received application for permanent residence on September 18, 2019.
  2. We started processing application on January 30, 2020
I have questions
Will I receive medical forms by mail or email ?
Thank you

Linda A

Jan 24, 2020
My ECAS Updates
Sponsorship
  1. We received your application on September 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 27, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 26, 2019.
File Transfer Email December 13, 2019 (Cairo , Egypt)

Permanent Residence

1. We received application for permanent residence on September 18, 2019.
  2. We started processing application on January 30, 2020
I have questions
Will I receive medical forms by mail or email ?
Thank you

My husband received both biometrics request and medical exam request in one email.

Reactions: MDh2o

Linda A

Jan 24, 2020
We are Sept 19,2019 applicants and our file moved to NDVO after medicals so for you next step is your file moving to any of the visa offices - then next update will be Application Received by visa office then they start processing which will be your AOR 2 and then Background check - it may take 2-3 months then pre-arrival letter and then again wait the PPR. It a long wait still so just be patient.

Thanks for the clarification, It’s been 2 months since VO started processing my application (Dec 2, 2019) and no updates yet. I am trying to control my patience. I hope to hear something soon.

Linda A

Jan 24, 2020

I have the same situation and it’s been like this for two months, since Dec 5, 2019, that’s when they received my biometrics