+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2019 Outland Dependent children sponsorship ***

D.Thom

Sep 17, 2019
My application to sponsor my 1.7 yr old toddler (who is currently in India with his mother) was received at Sydney, Nova Scotia on 6th September 2019.

Havent received the AOR yet. Looking at google tracker data for spousal sponsorship, the average time period for getting AOR is 40-60 days.

Hurricane Dorian did affect Nova Scotia. So i expect an additional delay of 1-2 weeks.

The average processing time mentioned in IRCC page was 10 months when i submitted the forms. Today its showing a reduced time of 9 months.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

What i've been able to gather from ppl here is that children's applications generally go through sooner like 5-6 month but i've reading about situations where there was a longer than normal wait.

One good thing for us is that biometrics is not necessary because both me and my wife (not a co-signer) were already PRs. So expecting it to finish sooner than the official projected processing time. Keeping figures crossed.

Do also check out this thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dependent-children-timeline-june-2019.647333/

D.Thom

Sep 17, 2019
Got my child's AOR last week but I've been trying to link it to the CIC website since then. Finally was able to link to myCIC account. Special thanks to the information from @alaria in below thread post

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

The main culprit was the fact that the dependent child had his own UCI but in the AOR i received, the UCI mentioned was actually mine. So i was able to link it using
1) Application number and family name
2) Child's passport information
3) No. of family members = 2 (my son the PA and me the sponsor). My wife is not part of the count the CIC system was looking for

Reactions: alaria

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Got my child's AOR last week but I've been trying to link it to the CIC website since then. Finally was able to link to myCIC account. Special thanks to the information from @alaria in below thread post

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

The main culprit was the fact that the dependent child had his own UCI but in the AOR i received, the UCI mentioned was actually mine. So i was able to link it using
1) Application number and family name
2) Child's passport information
3) No. of family members = 2 (my son the PA and me the sponsor). My wife is not part of the count the CIC system was looking for
Thank you. So happy to see my post actually helps people :)

Reactions: D.Thom

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
Hey, I am also applying for a dependent infant child and got my AOR on Oct, 9. let's keep timelines updated.

D.Thom

Sep 17, 2019
hi @jowang
sure thing. I got the medical request on 1st Nov. Now awaiting the medical status update and also the application transfer to New Delhi visa office. I hope it gets transferred without much further delay because Christmas vacations would start and add further delay.

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hello All,

Time line for my 1 year old son,

Dependent child
Application received (NS) : 24th September 2019
AOR1 : 6th Nov 2019
SA : 14 November 2019
Medical requested : 14th November 2019
Medical passed : 15 th November 2019.((Provided upfront medicals as my son as he got his medicals done as not accompanying in my PR application))
AOR2: 25 th Nov 2019 (I assume AOR2 means my file moved to local visa office)

As bio metrics and back ground check is not applicable how long does it take for final decision?

Also any one tried applying for visitor visa just in case this application is delayed?

Thanks,
Manoj

Last edited:

D.Thom

Sep 17, 2019
Hello All,

Dependent child
Medical passed : 15 th November 2019.((Provided upfront medicals as my son as he got his medicals done as not accompanying in my PR application))

As bio metrics and back ground check is not applicable how long does it take for final decision?

Also any one tried applying for visitor visa just in case this application is delayed?

Thanks,
Manoj
Hi Manoj,

AOR2 is a separate email acknowledge from the visa office that they have received the application. My observation is that New Delhi office doesn't always do this. They directly move to the next stage.

Are both you are your wife PRs? If no, then biometrics would be required. It would add an overhead to the process just like the medicals. If you didnt need it, then i would say you save 1-2 weeks (which is the time is would take to schedule an appointment and for them to process it).

Not sure regarding the background check. I think that it would be there in all applications.

I also considered visitor's visa but dropped the idea because apparently the success rate is quite low. The chances were higher before you got your AOR1 when they didnt put your child's application in the system. After AOR1, the visitor visa can be rejected on the ground that the applicant is not able to provide sufficient proof that he/she would not stay permanently in Canada. That said, for families to be together, they give temporary resident permit (TRP) on compassionate/humane grounds. But for this you have to first apply for visitor visa, get the rejection and then apply for TRP using the rejection as a reason. Visitor visa/ TRP can take about 2 months. Its upto you whether you want to play a game of chance.

After your sponsorship application is sent to the visa office, i see that it generally take at least 3 weeks before you get an update regarding "Background verification" status or "Decision made" status. Since Christmas vacations are coming up, add another week to this estimate

Reactions: pnmj87

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hey Thom,

Thanks a ton for the for the info regarding TRP. I was not aware of this.

Me and wife both hold PR's and residing in Canada which is why we are in a hurry to get my son to Canada.
My son's application profile clearly states Back ground check is not applicable. (Might be because he was included in our primary application)

Also I am not really sure New Delhi will provide a update in a month. I have read in other forums that files has been stuck any where between 4-8 months.

Will there be scheduling a appointment for my 1 year old kid before making a decision?

Thanks,
Manoj

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Application signed and received on October 2 for my child . Its Nov 26 and still no APR. Guys how much time its taking am worried :(

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hey Thom,

Thanks a ton for the for the info regarding TRP. I was not aware of this.

Me and wife both hold PR's and residing in Canada which is why we are in a hurry to get my son to Canada.
My son's application profile clearly states Back ground check is not applicable. (Might be because he was included in our primary application)

Also I am not really sure New Delhi will provide a update in a month. I have read in other forums that files has been stuck any where between 4-8 months.

Will there be scheduling a appointment for my 1 year old kid before making a decision?

Thanks,
Manoj
A update on the TRV visa for my son. we got passport request letter in just 3 days of submission.

Reactions: D.Thom

Birju_1984

Jan 2, 2017
Hello All,

Dependent child

Thanks,
Manoj
Greetings,
Being PR and inside Canada, once I start sponsorship process for my daughter, it might take anywhere like 8~12 months. During this period, I am sure I can apply for TRV for my daughter who will travel along with my wife (having PR) while the sponsorship application is in process. What actions/steps I need to take to inform IRCC that my daughter is now in Canada and her sponsorship process need to be shifted to Canada ? Will this have any impact on the process timeline ?

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Greetings,
Being PR and inside Canada, once I start sponsorship process for my daughter, it might take anywhere like 8~12 months. During this period, I am sure I can apply for TRV for my daughter who will travel along with my wife (having PR) while the sponsorship application is in process. What actions/steps I need to take to inform IRCC that my daughter is now in Canada and her sponsorship process need to be shifted to Canada ? Will this have any impact on the process timeline ?
Hello,
The Inland and Outland process is different.

As per my process which is outland I have sent my application to Nova Scotia , Sydeny, where they checked Sponsorship Eligibility , request and resultreview medicals and sent the application to New Delhi for remaining process of BGC and other stuff.
From what I have gathered I just have to update the address to CIC and my process will continue in New Delhi. Once I get Passport request I will send my son's passport to Ottawa for stamping.

Inland applications are sent to different office I guess.(as per what I read in forums)