+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

vbt

Aug 19, 2020
I am waiting still waiting my COPR document. But my application was complete in July 24th and became a PR resident. I called the IRCC , she mentioned to me, nothing to worry about and that am a permanent resident since 24th July and i mentioned like a friend of mine received the COPR document but i did not, she was like , some people receive it some do not, each case is different. She was like wait for your PR card, i was like how but i havent sent my picture to them or anything. I was like they;ll use the picture i sent with my application, she was like yes , if they need anything from you they will send you , but so far you are a permanent resident and i couldnt understand her well when she mentioned to me that my PR card was submitted or in process. So basically ill just have to wait if i receive nothing by end of September we will send an inquire more about it. But i guess , i should just wait for my PR card to arrive. Hope this is a good feedback to whoever is in the same situation as mine and is a bit worried about it. cause it has been a month since i became a PR resident
thanks for the details.

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Hi Folks. Sorry I haven't been so active over the last couple weeks. Busy times.

Can anyone provide some advice for me regarding applying for my permanent SIN online? Which option am I supposed to select for Application Type? Is it:

• First Social Insurance Number, or
  • Update or Correction to SIN Record; or
  • Other

This is at https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/Sin/

Thanks in advance.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Congratulations I’m September 19th,2020
Etobicoko Office?
Mississauga, looks like, but I'm in Vancouver. :) You'll be soon! I just randomly checked my e-mail this morning and nearly had a heart attack, I wasn't even expecting anything.

I thought all September was done already
Not quite. There are several of us who hadn't received it yet; a few gaps on the spreadsheet. I think they're mostly done but everyone's processing time is a little different. They have started October though, so you guys will be seeing movement, which is great!

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi Folks. Sorry I haven't been so active over the last couple weeks. Busy times.

Can anyone provide some advice for me regarding applying for my permanent SIN online? Which option am I supposed to select for Application Type? Is it:

• Other

Thanks in advance.
If you have a temporary SIN from your OWP already, I would say "Other" and then specify change from temporary resident to permanent resident, and then the form lets you tell them your temporary sin number, but thats just what I would do

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019

• Other

Thanks in advance.
If it is the first time you are applying for SIN (no SIN from OWP), then the application type will be 'First SIN'

If you already have a temporary SIN from OWP, the Application type will be 'Change of Status' - Your status changed from Temporary to Permanent.

Reactions: TriniKRN

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
If you have a temporary SIN from your OWP already, I would say "Other" and then specify change from temporary resident to permanent resident, and then the form lets you tell them your temporary sin number, but thats just what I would do
There is an option of 'Change of Status' in the application type. You don't have to select 'Other'.

twgoundarmorton

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Barrie, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2019
AOR Received.
31-10-2019
LANDED..........
24-07-2020

• Other

Thanks in advance.
I did ‘change of status’ as I was going from OWP to PR

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Ok, I applied to change my SIN from temporary to permanent (at https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/Sin/) by applying for a Change of Status and supplying:

1. Primary Document: CoPR
  2. Secondary Document (Identification): Passport Scan
  3. Address Document: Notice of Assessment letter from CRA for 2019 Tax Return
Does anyone know:
  • How long this should take to process;
  • How the SIN will be supplied (e.g. document via email on file, post, etc.)
Thanks again in advance.