+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Sadekabuessa

Feb 27, 2020
I also never received an OWP, application received October 30, 2019. No real explanation, no movement in CGKey after I was able to link it. I escalated the matter to my MP's office in the spring, but IRCC basically told them that they are prioritizing the most urgent OWP applications and not to ask again. At this point I really think I'll see PR before getting an OWP. Very frustrating.
It’s sounds like they don’t want to give OWP anymore!!
The question is how could we get PR approved before OWP ??

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hi guys, I have sort of a good news and bad news which came in today, sept 20 applicant, my wife received SA, whereas, I received a letter asking about 1) proof of cohabitation from the time i filed the application till now with different dates indicating different dates.
Also, when I got married I wasn’t living with my spouse for one year as I couldn't afford a place with her, one year we didn’t live together. First 6 months i was renting a basement with my room mate and my wife was living with her parents, We were like back and forth to each other places. second 6 months, my wife went back home for family emergency as her grandma back home collapsed and when she came back we finally had a place of which I already submitted the lease.
2) the second question he asked is to explain him and provide proof why did we cohabit together soon after getting married as there’s a 1 year gap after marriage.
I need some advice guys, I came this far, I don’t wanna get rejected when my relationship is genuine.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
It’s sounds like they don’t want to give OWP anymore!!
The question is how could we get PR approved before OWP ??
I think some people get an OWP only when they've received AIP. This might be my case.

hayleymg

Jul 7, 2020
Hi guys, I have sort of a good news and bad news which came in today, sept 20 applicant, my wife received SA, whereas, I received a letter asking about 1) proof of cohabitation from the time i filed the application till now with different dates indicating different dates.
Also, when I got married I wasn’t living with my spouse for one year as I couldn't afford a place with her, one year we didn’t live together. First 6 months i was renting a basement with my room mate and my wife was living with her parents, We were like back and forth to each other places. second 6 months, my wife went back home for family emergency as her grandma back home collapsed and when she came back we finally had a place of which I already submitted the lease.
2) the second question he asked is to explain him and provide proof why did we cohabit together soon after getting married as there’s a 1 year gap after marriage.
I need some advice guys, I came this far, I don’t wanna get rejected when my relationship is genuine.

I don't think it's anything to worry about as long as you give them full detailed information and evidence. The evidence could be a letter from a family member or dr stating why your wife was looking after your grandmother and simply explaining affordability.
The second part they're probably querying as most people would live together immediately after being married and they just want to make sure it's a legitimate marriage and not a green card marriage. Just be honest and as detailed as you can. Even throw in some social media screenshots, photos, and/or messages to each other for the time you werent living together to prove it's nothing shady. We submitted 6 letters from friends and family to support our case and found them extremely helpful

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
It sounds like they have doubts that you two were living together when you applied (a requirement) and that you're living together now. You should take this very seriously as you could have your app rejected for misrepresentation if you were not living together. Don't just resubmit evidence you had at the time; you should show that you were living together with as much detail as possible at the times requested. I'm not sure when you applied versus when you got married, but if you applied, for example, when you were renting a basement and your wife was living elsewhere, then you are likely being rightfully questioned as you wouldn't have been living together at the time you applied.

If there was just a gap in living together before you applied, explain that in detail. Give the reasons, and detail how you worked to get to the same lease and how you've been living together since. If you have bills and other address evidence in both of your names, leases, letters from friends/family confirming that you've been living together since you applied, you should probably submit those.

Disclaimer: I'm just basing these thoughts off of what I've seen on this forum and my understanding of the issue you're facing. You may want to reach out to a consultant or lawyer for your specific case, as it looks like your living arrangements were more complicated than average.

samjp

Aug 12, 2019
Had a phone "interview" yesterday from the Vancouver office. Was basically just to congratulate my spouse on becoming a PR and confirm contact information!

Timeline:

App received: Sept 24th, 2019
AOR: November 14th, 2019
Medical requested: January 5th, 2020
Medical completed: Jan 20th, 2020
Medical approved: February 5th, 2020
AIP, SA, and DM: August 14th, 2020
Phone Interview: August 18th, 2020

Now just waiting for COPR document!

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Had a phone "interview" yesterday from the Vancouver office. Was basically just to congratulate my spouse on becoming a PR and confirm contact information!

Timeline:

App received: Sept 24th, 2019
AOR: November 14th, 2019
Medical requested: January 5th, 2020
Medical completed: Jan 20th, 2020
Medical approved: February 5th, 2020
AIP, SA, and DM: August 14th, 2020
Phone Interview: August 18th, 2020

Now just waiting for COPR document!
Congrats! Did the number from Vancouver say who it was at all...? I've been getting squirmy but I get a lot of spam calls so I wanna make sure I answer the right one if they do call, haha

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
In my case I received email my OWP application transferred to my local office February 24th,2020
Did you get email from them?
They told my MP's office that they did have it and it was being processed in Etobicoke, but that's it.

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
It sounds like they have doubts that you two were living together when you applied (a requirement) and that you're living together now. You should take this very seriously as you could have your app rejected for misrepresentation if you were not living together. Don't just resubmit evidence you had at the time; you should show that you were living together with as much detail as possible at the times requested. I'm not sure when you applied versus when you got married, but if you applied, for example, when you were renting a basement and your wife was living elsewhere, then you are likely being rightfully questioned as you wouldn't have been living together at the time you applied.

If there was just a gap in living together before you applied, explain that in detail. Give the reasons, and detail how you worked to get to the same lease and how you've been living together since. If you have bills and other address evidence in both of your names, leases, letters from friends/family confirming that you've been living together since you applied, you should probably submit those.

Disclaimer: I'm just basing these thoughts off of what I've seen on this forum and my understanding of the issue you're facing. You may want to reach out to a consultant or lawyer for your specific case, as it looks like your living arrangements were more complicated than average.
First of all thanks for your effort to help me see this situation of mine from a different view. I applied in sept 2019 and I got married in July 2018 .. and i cohabited with my wife in July 2019. So i basically have a year gap. I had already submitted the lease from July 2019 to July 2020.
I don’t know what other things i can submit. I have a lawyer, I paid her a lot when she submitted my file, but again to address this issue she is asking a lot of money. I am in confusion of what to do. I can’t work, only my wife’s been working.

Reactions: simoneleah

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
First of all thanks for your effort to help me see this situation of mine from a different view. I applied in sept 2019 and I got married in July 2018 .. and i cohabited with my wife in July 2019. So i basically have a year gap. I had already submitted the lease from July 2019 to July 2020.
I don’t know what other things i can submit. I have a lawyer, I paid her a lot when she submitted my file, but again to address this issue she is asking a lot of money. I am in confusion of what to do. I can’t work, only my wife’s been working.
I'm sorry for your situation. It can be quite difficult and stressful to be asked for additional evidence, and lawyers can definitely be so expensive! If I were in your position, I would focus on getting all of the evidence possible you have that shows you were living with your wife from July, 2019 until now (updated licenses or IDs, current hydro/electricity bills, credit card bills, statements from your bank accounts for the last months, your paystubs, your lease (like you said), insurance confirmation (for example, if you have life insurance and your wife is on your plan, or if your wife is on your work's medical plan), letters from friends/neighbors/family - basically anything that has a date, your name, and your accurate address) and then explain in detail why you weren't living together when you initially got married. I would write a full letter that details your situation as explicitly as possible, with dates showing when you moved in together, under what circumstances, etc. In this case, the more detail you have the better. I would double-check for consistency as well. If your friends/neighbors write letters, it's easy for them to get dates mixed up (one of our bridal party said she met me months after she did, but that was just a case of bad memory). Consistency will help ease any concerns.

When my wife and I moved out of her parents house, I submitted a bunch of documents to show our new address.
1. BC Hydro Bill
2. Updated credit card bills (from us both)
3. Updated bank account information (from us both)
4. Updated life insurance information
5. The lease
6. Updated BC IDs and drivers license

I haven't been asked for any additional information.

Good luck!

Reactions: sharmgop