+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

navk2629

Sep 16, 2019
Hello,
As I stated before, my husband got the letter stating that he is eligible to sponsor me. Within 5 min I got the letter stating:

Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family
member. You did not provide sufficient evidence of relationship/cohabitation. Please provide
additional evidence of relationship/cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored
spouse or partner is cohabiting with their sponsor.

All requested infos were provided when we first send our application Sept 16. So I resended again, but this time I included my pay sub and driver licence.

I have searched the forum and I have read that people got rejected even with all the supporting documents, so my question to you all what can I do if I get rejected???

Please any input.
Thanks
Hello,
As I stated before, my husband got the letter stating that he is eligible to sponsor me. Within 5 min I got the letter stating:

Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family
member. You did not provide sufficient evidence of relationship/cohabitation. Please provide
additional evidence of relationship/cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored

All requested infos were provided when we first send our application Sept 16. So I resended again, but this time I included my pay sub and driver licence.

I have searched the forum and I have read that people got rejected even with all the supporting documents, so my question to you all what can I do if I get rejected???

Please any input.
Thanks
They are requesting for proof that you guys are living together. I dont think you pay stub and drivers licence will solve the problem. Send them driver licence of ur husband too, make sure both of them have the same address. Also you should send car insurance papers to them which have ur names on it, and same address. If u guys are living at a rental property, send them the lease agreement, its a legal document. Pay stub is not gonna prove it in any way.

Reactions: DIDI2019

DIDI2019

Star Member
May 9, 2019
They are requesting for proof that you guys are living together. I dont think you pay stub and drivers licence will solve the problem. Send them driver licence of ur husband too, make sure both of them have the same address. Also you should send car insurance papers to them which have ur names on it, and same address. If u guys are living at a rental property, send them the lease agreement, its a legal document. Pay stub is not gonna prove it in any way.

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hello,

Please any input.
Thanks
You don't have to worry about getting rejected just yet. They have just asked you for additional documents and you have a chance to satisfy the concerns they have.
You need to read the letter and see what time frame are they asking more proof for. Is it more cohabitation proof for 12 months before you sent the application (Sep 2018 to Sep 2019)? or are they asking evidence of cohabitation now? Pick your evidence based on that and send them as much proof as you can.

Don't worry, many applicants receive additional documents request and they are approved. Good luck.

DIDI2019

Star Member
May 9, 2019
Hi,
Beside joint bank account, telephone bills, (both mine and his) stating the same address and names, letter from service Canada (stating my name and address) and bunch of other document, I also included both our driver license, and my pay stub (which has my name on it and address). We do not rent, we live at his brother place.

DIDI2019

Star Member
May 9, 2019
You don't have to worry about getting rejected just yet. They have just asked you for additional documents and you have a chance to satisfy the concerns they have.
You need to read the letter and see what time frame are they asking more proof for. Is it more cohabitation proof for 12 months before you sent the application (Sep 2018 to Sep 2019)? or are they asking evidence of cohabitation now? Pick your evidence based on that and send them as much proof as you can.

Don't worry, many applicants receive additional documents request and they are approved. Good luck.

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi,
I have read the letter two times the are asking for evidence?
I am assuming yours is a common-law application. So my question was did they ask for more evidence for the common law period (i.e. 12 month prior to application submission) OR did they ask you to provide evidence that you are cohabiting at present?

If it is the 12 month period, you will need to cover each month. A few letters or a few bills for a couple of months will not help. You will need to find and provide evidence that you both stayed at the same address in every month and cover the entire period.

navk2629

Sep 16, 2019
Hi,
I have read the letter two times the are asking for evidence?
Anything can be used as evidence. if u have any photographs that shows that u are in ur house casually dressed, people do click pictures at home. Any conversation thru text that proves that u r living together. I wanna tell u about my case, we included the whatsapp messages like asking each other if we need any grocery when one of us was outside, all these things play good part in proving that you r living together. U should check ur texts with each other, u will surely find something like that. But the legal papers like insurance, bank details and licence etc should also be provided.

DIDI2019

Star Member
May 9, 2019
I am assuming yours is a common-law application. So my question was did they ask for more evidence for the common law period (i.e. 12 month prior to application submission) OR did they ask you to provide evidence that you are cohabiting at present?

If it is the 12 month period, you will need to cover each month. A few letters or a few bills for a couple of months will not help. You will need to find and provide evidence that you both stayed at the same address in every month and cover the entire period.

navk2629

Sep 16, 2019
No we are merried. He is my husband. I also included marriage certificate, and few photos from the wedding.
you should focus more on the proofs that are created unintentionally.
the proofs such as drivers licence, bank account, pay stubs etc are created intentionally, and believe me its easy to lie in these. Thats why i am saying show them some proofs that are created unintentionally, they will trust the unintentional ones more. Text messages are the best in this. And the text messages surely have clear evidence that u live together.

DIDI2019

Star Member
May 9, 2019
you should focus more on the proofs that are created unintentionally.
the proofs such as drivers licence, bank account, pay stubs etc are created intentionally, and believe me its easy to lie in these. Thats why i am saying show them some proofs that are created unintentionally, they will trust the unintentional ones more. Text messages are the best in this. And the text messages surely have clear evidence that u live together.

DIDI2019

Star Member
May 9, 2019
Great thank you, I already sent all the information that I had (joint bank account, joint bills, marriage certificate, pay stub, driver licences, some of the wedding pictures and some more letters stating our names and address.
Now that you have made some good suggestions what else to send, so my question is can I send some more evidence?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi,
Beside joint bank account, telephone bills, (both mine and his) stating the same address and names, letter from service Canada (stating my name and address) and bunch of other document, I also included both our driver license, and my pay stub (which has my name on it and address). We do not rent, we live at his brother place.
If you don't already have one, can your brother-in-law type up a lease agreement for you that states both of your names, the start date or duration of the rental agreement, rent due (if any), etc? Be sure he includes is his contact information that IRCC could use to verify your living situation, if needed. Have all parties sign as you would any other lease. Upload a photocopy via GCKey.

hayleymg

Jul 7, 2020
If you don't already have one, can your brother-in-law type up a lease agreement for you that states both of your names, the start date or duration of the rental agreement, rent due (if any), etc? Be sure he includes is his contact information that IRCC could use to verify your living situation, if needed. Have all parties sign as you would any other lease. Upload a photocopy via GCKey.
I was going to suggest this!! Our landlord wrote a letter saying although it was just my husbands name on the lease, we both lived there. He included the dates each of us moved in and that we are still tenants.

IRCC might be looking for proof that you STILL live together which means you need documentation with the Current date. Your other documents will show from last year not now.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup