+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Now you need to take her out for a nice dinner to celebrate :p
Lol. She's the one working. Seems she'll be taking me out. lol.

My OWP, Masters and years of experience haven't helped me so far. I was close to getting a great job, but the employer wanted me to guarantee that I would have PR by the time I would start. This was late March. Based on the trends I knew I was supposed to get it by first week of April (which I subsequently confirmed on the GCSM notes). The COVID messed up everything. Hopefully it means that they didn't fill the post either.

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019

My OWP, Masters and years of experience haven't helped me so far. I was close to getting a great job, but the employer wanted me to guarantee that I would have PR by the time I would start. This was late March. Based on the trends I knew I was supposed to get it by first week of April (which I subsequently confirmed on the GCSM notes). The COVID messed up everything. Hopefully it means that they didn't fill the post either.
Which office you had for processing? Is it like if my office is cpc Mississauga it would cause more delay?

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020

What field are you looking to work on? where in Canada are you? I came here with a Computer Science degree and it didn't help me either, I had to go back to school here for a 2 year program which got me the job I have, and I got a post graduation work permit way before I applied for the PR, so I am still on that same OWP which will expire in November, so I am hoping to get the PR and permanent SIN before that so I don't have to go through yet another renewal and long waiting period

• Wow
Reactions: TriniKRN

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
For future reference, please note that though I received AIP and SA today, the following statuses are still displayed:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
For future reference, please note that though I received AIP and SA today, the following statuses are still displayed:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
They will probably update by tomorrow, I saw my medicals received on ECAS a day before they updated in the online account. Have your checked you ECAS?

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
What field are you looking to work on? where in Canada are you? I came here with a Computer Science degree and it didn't help me either, I had to go back to school here for a 2 year program which got me the job I have, and I got a post graduation work permit way before I applied for the PR, so I am still on that same OWP which will expire in November, so I am hoping to get the PR and permanent SIN before that so I don't have to go through yet another renewal and long waiting period
Yup, Computer Science also:
  • MSc. Information System Management (University of Greenwich, UK)
  • Bachelor of Laws (University of London, UK)
  • Project Management Professional PMP (PMI)
10 + years:
  • IS Project Manager
  • Business Systems Analyst
  • .NET Full Stack Developer

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
They will probably update by tomorrow, I saw my medicals received on ECAS a day before they updated in the online account. Have your checked you ECAS?
Yup, nothing new.

Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 16, 2019.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on January 5, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Yup, Computer Science also:
  • MSc. Information System Management (University of Greenwich, UK)
  • Bachelor of Laws (University of London, UK)
  • Project Management Professional PMP (PMI)
10 + years:
  • IS Project Manager
  • Business Systems Analyst
  • .NET Full Stack Developer

Have you tried out of province? I'm in Calgary and developer jobs seem to be abundant, or not as scarce as in other provinces