+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Mimin

Oct 8, 2019
Hi,

I need a suggestion, I noticed a spelling mistake in mother's name in my birth certificate and applied for correction and got it.

Now, should I use the webform and send the updated document or should I wait if they ask for it? Since it's a spelling in mother's name, I am not sure if that's really important and what I should do?
My father's middle name was also not correct in my birth certificate thus included all legal docs of correction when application package was submitted. This hoping un inquiry from ircc is not anymore necessary.
While I used ircc webform to submit all updates I got in my side like letters of CSQ from Quebec and education comparative evaluation from WES or any updates to add to my other supporting documents EVEN I am not required to submit those. Because I think it may help somehow clear questions or discrepancies once seen hence prevent to prolong the process.

I applied from Québec though. I wait but might not receive Médical request from ircc soon like other Québec applicants.

Hope this help you decide.

Reactions: Manny777

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Huh. My mother's maiden name was incorrect on my birth certificate - they had her first married name instead of her maiden name - but I didn't notice until later into the process (when our application was almost ready) so I just wrote a letter of explanation - basically saying that this was her name from her first marriage, I was unaware of how the error occurred and the rest of the information was correct to the best of my knowledge.

Filing a correction in my state seems like a doozy.

Has anyone seen an application be delayed/need additional processing due to an error on a birth certificate? I'm not even sure if I can file the correction from Canada, or have someone do it on my behalf. :/

Reactions: Manny777

samjp

Aug 12, 2019
So my spouse received his open work permit back in December and we noticed that they had put a space in his last name where there shouldn't be. We went to Service Canada to update his SIN information/ask about the name and they said there was nothing they could do until we get the name fixed. What number would we call to do that?

tramanh9626

Nov 27, 2019
Petawawa, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-1019
AOR Received.
29-10-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2020
Hi guys,

I'm travelling in Vietnam for 3 weeks.
Noticed that they just let me 30 days for Medical Record.
Can I have it done in Vietnam? Does any one know?
I don't know if after the doctor appointment, I have to send anything to Canada or the doctor office will do online for everything since they are on Panel Physicians.
TIA

Romesha

Aug 5, 2019
Hi everyone I regarding the medical, the paper that was sent from cic to present to the doctor.

Is the doctor supposed to return the paper to you?

twgoundarmorton

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Barrie, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2019
AOR Received.
31-10-2019
LANDED..........
24-07-2020
Hi everyone I regarding the medical, the paper that was sent from cic to present to the doctor.

Is the doctor supposed to return the paper to you?
I gave it to the doctor and received a new paper from them showing I had done the medical, basically a receipt from the e-medical system. I don't think they need to give it back to you...

Reactions: Romesha

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Someone deleted my OWP and Medical data from the spreadsheet. :mad::mad::mad:
It's not me lol but I noticed some people change/delete the data from the spreadsheet. It may be by mistake buy it's annoying to see this happening constantly

Reactions: TriniKRN

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Guys, I have not gotten the owp yet. My application was recived on Jan 17th, then I received AOR on Oct 23th. How people who sent later than I did received OWP or medical request first?
My counsaltsnt told me to just wait patiently tho, saying theres nothing to worry about

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi All,

I need a suggestion, i am sponsoring my wife for PR + OWP. I paid the fees today but i have only one receipt for both the applications. the guide mentions to place a separate fee payment receipt for the cost of the work permit application.
What do i do now??

do i need to pay the PR application and WP fees separately. Since i already paid the complete fees for both the applications. do i need to pay the WP again to generate a separate receipt?

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Hi All,

I need a suggestion, i am sponsoring my wife for PR + OWP. I paid the fees today but i have only one receipt for both the applications. the guide mentions to place a separate fee payment receipt for the cost of the work permit application.
What do i do now??

do i need to pay the PR application and WP fees separately. Since i already paid the complete fees for both the applications. do i need to pay the WP again to generate a separate receipt?
I think you can print the receipt twice so when they separate your file to send the OWP application to those who process it, they can see you have paid it.