+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Not everyone always sees the ghost update, but its good news that they are happening. I am hoping next wave of approval goes through today or at least before the end of the week. Approvals mostly seems to come in towards the afternoon so there is hope for today and good signs that sept 23rd person got a ghost update

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Yeah, I'm hoping they're just keeping us in anticipation and we'll see a bunch of approvals all at once. They're definitely WORKING on them (thus all the ghost updates) but I hate the stress of just checking and checking and hoping. Makes me feel sooo paranoid.

Reactions: PeteErin

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Yeah, I'm hoping they're just keeping us in anticipation and we'll see a bunch of approvals all at once. They're definitely WORKING on them (thus all the ghost updates) but I hate the stress of just checking and checking and hoping. Makes me feel sooo paranoid.
I think I may be the most paranoid. When I was getting trouble to link my OWP to my online account, I went looking for errors in my document. Sure enough, I found an error. I then submitted a change of info regarding the error. Only to discover after that I wasn't looking at the latest version of my documents. The latest version was alright. :mad: So I keep thinking that's gonna affect it negatively. :eek:

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I think I may be the most paranoid. When I was getting trouble to link my OWP to my online account, I went looking for errors in my document. Sure enough, I found an error. I then submitted a change of info regarding the error. Only to discover after that I wasn't looking at the latest version of my documents. The latest version was alright. :mad: So I keep thinking that's gonna affect it negatively. :eek:
Hahaha, I noticed a small error in mine and I was biting my nails wondering if it was worth submitting an "updated" version just to clarify something that would likely be obvious from other information...Trying not to be TOO over cautious and considering how few people really get their OWPs rejected/refused in the first place.

After this, I won't be worried at all! Most annoying hurdle!

Reactions: PeteErin

jyotisc

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Montreal Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
  • "Linking the OWP" means that you have been able to attach the paper based Open Work Permit application to your online account.
  • "OWP Approval" happens when you have been notified that the OWP is actually approved.
Note - Even if you do not link the OWP, you will still be notified via email when it is approved.

It may take several weeks between the ability to link and the actual approval. After the approval, it may take another week to receive the OWP in the mail.
Ur Owp Approved?

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Can you just confirm whether AOR and Confirmation Submission are same things or not?
When you send your package via registered mail, you will be able to track the date that the mail was signed for. However, this does not mean that that is the date it is opened. Some time later (weeks later) when it is opened and checked to ensure it is complete, you will be sent an Acknowledgement of Receipt with an Application number. This will most likely be sent to your email (unless you opted for snail mail). The application number to link the application online with your GCKey account. This still does not mean you have been approved, but does indicate that the is noting wrong with your application on the face of it.

See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=028&top=4