FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-1019
AOR Received.
29-10-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2020
Hi,
Can I use the AOR to apply Provincial Health Insurance?
TIA.

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019

PeteErin

Sep 18, 2019
Hi,
Can I use the AOR to apply Provincial Health Insurance?
TIA.
I'm not an expert either, but I think it depends on your province. My common-law spouse (sponsor) was able to add me (PA) to her BC MSP starting this month. All we had to do was upload our PR fee receipt from August to her (sponsor's) online account. I would give your Provincial Health Insurance a call and check with them.

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
I'm not an expert either, but I think it depends on your province. My common-law spouse (sponsor) was able to add me (PA) to her BC MSP starting this month. All we had to do was upload our PR fee receipt from August to her (sponsor's) online account. I would give your Provincial Health Insurance a call and check with them.
Yes, I see your point.

For British Columbia see: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/are-you-eligible

So @tramanh9626, it all comes down to the province you're living in.

Reactions: tramanh9626

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
This is a good question. How long do you think it will take to get the Sin number? What is the procedure if anyone knows?
You have to visit Service Canada with all your papers and you will get SIN in less than 15 mins. Usually the office will be free on weekdays.

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
"You applied for permanent residence and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada. This means that you have "approval-in-principle." "- I read this line for OHIP eligibility in the link below.
https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/ontario-health-insurance-plan-ohip/who-is-eligible-for-ohip/

Does the email we received(AOR) is same as / refered approval-in-principle?

Reactions: tramanh9626

twgoundarmorton

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Barrie, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2019
AOR Received.
31-10-2019
LANDED..........
24-07-2020
"You applied for permanent residence and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada. This means that you have "approval-in-principle." "- I read this line for OHIP eligibility in the link below.
https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/ontario-health-insurance-plan-ohip/who-is-eligible-for-ohip/

Does the email we received(AOR) is same as / refered approval-in-principle?
From what Ive read and understand, The AOR is just an acknowledgement that they have recieved and have started processing the application, The AIP will be seperate, nearer the end of the application process.

Reactions: Manny777

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Is it really that no one else has received the OWP approval since Monday? Or is no one updating the spreadsheet? :confused: Seems like they've ground to a halt. :eek:
there was movement in the delayed june cases so hopefully it will just be one big batch tomorrow...

Reactions: TriniKRN

Sarah919

Sep 5, 2019
Hello Everybody..

Does anybody for September applicants already receive medical request already???

Last edited:

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Hello Everybody..

Does anybody for September applicants already receive medical request already???
I'd like to know also. Based on the spreadsheet, it seems that as of yesterday, the tail end of July are getting theirs. So it should now move to August. I think September is still a ways off.

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Guys I'm going to visit U.S for a day next week and will return. What do you guys think?

I applied for PR+OWP inland and Study visa outland. None of them are approved yet.

I'm from a visa exempt country which means I can ask for a visitor visa at the border. I don't have to apply online.

I'm just curious if they border officer will let me in if I explain that I visited U.S just for biometrics.

Thanks