+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Thanks for the information. So for inland applicants, with OWP, what's the next?
I am not an expert, but as far as I know, these are the major milestones in straight forward inland applications -

App sent
AOR
OWP
Medical
BGC
AIP
SA
DM
Landing interview/COPR
PR Card

Additional documents could be requested anytime in between above steps.

Sarah919

Sep 5, 2019
In-Land Common Law Application

Application sent: August 29, 2019
Application Received: August 30, 2019
AOR: Oct. 18, 2017
Start Processing: Oct. 17, 2019

Linked my OPW today October 28, 2019

And in my gckey account it says background checking..

Im happy and confused.. hahahah

mikititahh

Sep 28, 2019

hi there, you might wanna update us with the online tracker :) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit?pli=1#gid=1021088134
we'd really appreciate it :) congratulations btw!

mikititahh

Sep 28, 2019
They should be able to find you via receipt number but if you have a UCI that might work better? I was able to find my app in ECAS with my UCI but not with my receipt number. Best of luck to you!!
hi, i have a visitor's visa. im wondering if i was given UCI with my visa?

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
hi, i have a visitor's visa. im wondering if i was given UCI with my visa?
I am not sure what visitor visas look like but it would be a number printed on whatever document you have, I assume. If you already have an online account, it may be accessible there. Unfortunately I only know what a work permit document looks like - it's listed in the righthand corner.

Application received: September 5

AOR: October 23

Is this a good thing?

I don't know what the average processing time is
Congrats! :) You're within the average processing at the moment. People from the first week of September are starting to get their AORs and it's a little slower than it was for people in August.

If you want to add/track your information, there's a spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=1021088134

This helps people figure out what the average is, more or less.

Reactions: Ella A and Krysse

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I am not sure what visitor visas look like but it would be a number printed on whatever document you have, I assume. If you already have an online account, it may be accessible there. Unfortunately I only know what a work permit document looks like - it's listed in the righthand corner.

Congrats! :) You're within the average processing at the moment. People from the first week of September are starting to get their AORs and it's a little slower than it was for people in August.

If you want to add/track your information, there's a spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=1021088134

This helps people figure out what the average is, more or less.
Thanks, I hope get my PR within 12 months like CIC website says.

I haven't linked my application to an online account yet. I'm trying to right now.
Does it affect my PR processing time if I don't link it quite quickly?

Last edited:

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019

Hi, I am trying to link but it says application not found. Could you please give some inputs on that. Like what combination you have used etc.

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
I have tried all these below combinations(Got from another post)

1. Log in with GC Key account
2. Permanent Residence - Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/paste application number from email (including the F) and enter PA's last name
3. City of Birth - enter 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Select PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Do not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependents)

OR...

1. Log in with GCKey account
3. Application Number and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) - Insert application number and UCI from email
4. City of Birth - Insert PA's City of Birth
5. Country of Birth - Select PA's Country of birth
6. Passport Info - Insert Passport number, issuance and expiration info
7. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application (Province, City and marital status) and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependent, if any)
8. Click on the 'Search for my application' tab
9. Then on 'Link my application' tab

OR...

3. Application Number and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) - Insert application number and UCI from email
4. City of Birth - Insert PA's City of Birth (LEFT THIS BLANK)
5. Country of Birth - Select PA's Country of birth (LEFT THIS BLANK)
7. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application (Province, City and marital status) and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependent, if any)

Sarah919

Sep 5, 2019
I have tried all these below combinations(Got from another post)

1. Log in with GC Key account
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/paste application number from email (including the F) and enter PA's last name
3. City of Birth - enter 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Select PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Do not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependents)

OR...

4. City of Birth - Insert PA's City of Birth
5. Country of Birth - Select PA's Country of birth

OR...

4. City of Birth - Insert PA's City of Birth (LEFT THIS BLANK)
5. Country of Birth - Select PA's Country of birth (LEFT THIS BLANK)

If youre linking OWP the number 2 question is not Permanent residence. Its temporary residence and you follow the rest.

NDZ611

Oct 17, 2019
There is no difference in the processing times if you hire a lawyer or not. Your representative would link your application to their account after they get AOR. However, you can track your application status online on ecas.
Thank you Manny, Harind,

We checked with our lawyer and the AOR was received on Oct 22, 2019. So far all seems ok and now waiting for OWP.

Regards,