+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
I have a question now, AOR is just an email confirming that they have received, isit?
Congratulations.
Yes, I think AOR is just the confirmation that they have received your application and the initial checks have been done. It will also have your application number.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Finally got AOR
Application Sent on Sep 5, 2019
AOR on Oct 24, 2019

Hope those who applied in the first week of September will be getting this week.

All the best guys!!
Congrats! Glad to see it moving. :) No use getting worked up over one person who got it weirdly fast. And 50 days is still within the average, even if it sucks. :/

Reactions: Megan B

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
So does anyone know what a temporary file number is because when I spoke to ircc, they stated that I had a temporary file number. Does that mean it passed the initial "documents ok" check and is now waiting to start processing? Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm just super nervous.

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
I was going through other forums and wanted to share what I have observed, it looks like it takes exactly 1 month from the AOR for OWP approval in most of the cases.

May be most of you know this. Just shared, if this might be useful.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I was going through other forums and wanted to share what I have observed, it looks like it takes exactly 1 month from the AOR for OWP approval in most of the cases.

May be most of you know this. Just shared, if this might be useful.
I really hope this is the case! Biggest concern for me is getting the OWP, everything else I can deal with, lol

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
I am confused,only my sponsor has received email not me. So, am I in just step 1(stated below). yet to get AOR?
I understood from the CIC site that the sponsor and the primary applicant both gets emails for acceptance. Below are the steps.

1. Sponsor gets an email stating that application is accepted for processing.
2. Sponsor get another email - Sponsorship undertaking approved.
3. Applicant gets email after sponsor is found to be eligible- AOR
4.Additional documents( if needed)
5. Medical
6. Additional documents/Tests( if needed)
7.Interview (if needed)
8. Approval

How about others? Applicant got the email or the sponsor? Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Last edited:

Cagedanomaly

Jul 28, 2019
I am confused,only my sponsor has received email not me. So, am I in just step 1(stated below). yet to get AOR?
I understood from the CIC site that the sponsor and the primary applicant both gets emails for acceptance. Below are the steps.

5. Medical
7.Interview (if needed)
8. Approval

How about others? Applicant got the email or the sponsor? Please correct me, if I am wrong.
Application received at IRCC
IRCC start processing application
Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
Link Application to Online Account
Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
Receive Request for Medical Exam
Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
Biometrics
Medical Exam Result
Eligibility Assessment
Background Check completion
Passport Request (PPR)
Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)

Reactions: Krysse and Manny777

NDZ611

Oct 17, 2019
Hi!

Applied inland on September 7, received Sept 09, 2019. We are still waiting for AOR. We applied through our lawyer. Is anyone aware if the processing of application through lawyer takes about the same time, more or less? Also, is there anyway to track the status online if applied through lawyer?
Many thanks!

Reactions: sharmgop

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Hi!

Applied inland on September 7, received Sept 09, 2019. We are still waiting for AOR. We applied through our lawyer. Is anyone aware if the processing of application through lawyer takes about the same time, more or less? Also, is there anyway to track the status online if applied through lawyer?
Many thanks!
I think your representative, will receive AOR1

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi!

Many thanks!
There is no difference in the processing times if you hire a lawyer or not. Your representative would link your application to their account after they get AOR. However, you can track your application status online on ecas.

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019

5. Medical
7.Interview (if needed)
8. Approval

The Acknowledgement your sponsor got is the AOR, and only the sponsor is supposed to get that.
For Inland applications, SA & PA approvals are received towards the end of application, After Medical/Background checks are complete.

Reactions: Krysse and Manny777

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
The Acknowledgement your sponsor got is the AOR, and only the sponsor is supposed to get that.
For Inland applications, SA & PA approvals are received towards the end of application, After Medical/Background checks are complete.
Thanks for the information. So for inland applicants, with OWP, what's the next?