+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Just had a call from Mississauga because the OWP people in Edmonton used funds they werent supposed to. So movement in both PR and OWP hopefully for me haha had to resubmit a receipt. So make sure to keep all the payment receipts people
Wait!!! What?!! :confused:

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Wait!!! What?!! :confused:
Sorry for the confusion. So I paid the sponsorship/PR fees, the Work permit fees, the open work permit fee and then had to pay another 200 when my OWP got returned for restoration of status. Now the Lady working on my PR said the OWP people deducted the $200 for the restoration from the PR fees and she needed the receipt for the additional $200 because they were missing on her side now and she couldnt start the PR without it.

They seems to be having some big slip-ups on their side sometimes as well. So i sent her the receipt for the extra $200 and hope its all good after that. But it means people are working on stuff :D

NDZ611

Oct 17, 2019
After OWP, what is the expected next step? Medical Request? What is the expected time line for that? August applicants started getting the med request about 2-2.5 weeks back.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
A couple of us in the chat group got ghost update on OWP so check your profile if you still haven't gotten approved! :)

After OWP, what is the expected next step? Medical Request? What is the expected time line for that? August applicants started getting the med request about 2-2.5 weeks back.
Looks like medical request is usually after OWP/AOR. Then background check starts...so on and so forth until it's over.

Reactions: TriniKRN and NDZ611

Sarah919

Sep 5, 2019
-Inland Common-law Sponsorship--
App Sent: August 29, 2019
App Recieved: August 30, 2019
AOR: October 16, 2019
OWP Approved: November 6, 2019
Medical Requested: December 15, 2019

Reactions: TriniKRN and NDZ611

samjp

Aug 12, 2019
Received OWP approval on CIC account December 10th but never got an email. Is it possible they entered the wrong email into the system or what?

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I think everyone in the spreadsheet for September has now been approved for their open work permits! Several came in on Friday for the last batch. There may still be some coming as it seems to be trickling in a bit more though.

Reactions: TriniKRN

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
I think everyone in the spreadsheet for September has now been approved for their open work permits! Several came in on Friday for the last batch. There may still be some coming as it seems to be trickling in a bit more though.
Congrats all. Next step: Medical Request. I'm expecting 2nd week in January. All the best folks.