+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

ShadiiAM

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
What is the best number to call them please? I have already sent a web inquiry. Many thanks!
This was the number that worked for me:
1 (888) 242-2100

sometimes after going through the menu and getting to the point where you speak to someone it says there are no available agents and hangs up, just try again in a few minutes, eventually you’ll get through and if the wait is too long it will give you the option to receive a callback so you don’t have to wait on the line.

Reactions: chs

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
1 (888) 242-2100

sometimes after going through the menu and getting to the point where you speak to someone it says there are no available agents and hangs up, just try again in a few minutes, eventually you’ll get through and if the wait is too long it will give you the option to receive a callback so you don’t have to wait on the line.
Many thanks!

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
I have just called and talked to an agent...nothing has been touched on the application although they were supposed to work on it last week!!! And the agent confirmed this is a routine application. Unbelievable...we are stuck with a system that does NOT work and shows no respect for Canadians...

Khanna79

Jul 19, 2015
1 (888) 242-2100

sometimes after going through the menu and getting to the point where you speak to someone, it says there are no available agents and hangs up, just try again in a few minutes, eventually, you’ll get through and if the wait is too long it will give you the option to receive a callback so you don’t have to wait on the line.

Thanks for sharing the contact number. I just got off the call with the Agent, and I found that even though I gave my Citizenship test on Feb 10, 2019, the system never marked me "Passed" / "Appeared". The Agent put me on hold and took 10 minutes to go thru my application, and told me that now he has marked me "appeared" in the Exam, and I am back in the pool. According to him, this discrepancy is because, after my Exam, everything shut for some time before they Reopened all tests online, and my application was never updated. He also said that good that I called him up to discuss my case.

It seems like I have crossed one hurdle. Still, Language tests, Physical presence, Prohibitions & Oath are awaited.

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver and chs

ShadiiAM

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Thanks for sharing the contact number. I just got off the call with the Agent, and I found that even though I gave my Citizenship test on Feb 10, 2019, the system never marked me "Passed" / "Appeared". The Agent put me on hold and took 10 minutes to go thru my application, and told me that now he has marked me "appeared" in the Exam, and I am back in the pool. According to him, this discrepancy is because, after my Exam, everything shut for some time before they Reopened all tests online, and my application was never updated. He also said that good that I called him up to discuss my case.

It seems like I have crossed one hurdle. Still, Language tests, Physical presence, Prohibitions & Oath are awaited.
this is unbelievable! How is this our responsibility to find out weather or not we have been placed in the pool. And on top of that they refuse replying to any emails asking about our applications!
Anyway, it’s a good thing you called to check on it, fingers crossed things will start rolling again.

PerryB

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
My home country passport is expiring in January 2022 but there is no update on the Oath ceremony yet. My question is, do I need to renew my passport or expired passport works while surrendering it ?

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
My home country passport is expiring in January 2022 but there is no update on the Oath ceremony yet. My question is, do I need to renew my passport or expired passport works while surrendering it ?
Canada doesn't need your old passport. Issue if how will you manage if you need to travel before you get Canadian passport? As long as you can deal with it, you're fine.

Reactions: PerryB

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
did you receive your certificate yet? if so, how long it took you to get it?
I am in same boat as nshakelly. File closed on Dec. 20, 2021 as per online status tracker but we have not received the certificate yet.
I just saw on CityNews today regarding delays at CanadaPost due to Omicron... So it could be due to this. They say 2 to 4 weeks. 4 weeks will complete this Friday.

Reactions: nshakelly

kzaman

May 31, 2015
I called the IRCC helpline number and after about half an hour wait was finally able to get hold of a person. Told him that I had completed my online citizenship test in February 2021 but still haven't received the oath invite. He checked my application and said that everything is in order and just have to wait or else check with Mississauga office regarding my oath invite. He didn't give me the contact information for Mississauga office. Anyone has Mississauga office contact information? Have you contacted the office and do they respond?