+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

carguy

Dec 15, 2014
Hi Guys,
I have been badgering IRCC every month (via. WebForm) since my Test Completed. Here is the Response I received, ( might help some of you).

Application Received : Sept 29 , 2021
Test Completed: April 9, 2021
Office : Ottawa

" Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Hey everyone , I did my oath on 17 August, 2021. Now my status shows 'file closed'. Is this means they mailed citizenship certificate?

Reactions: Hapique

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi Guys,
I have been badgering IRCC every month (via. WebForm) since my Test Completed. Here is the Response I received, ( might help some of you).

Application Received : Sept 29 , 2021
Test Completed: April 9, 2021
Office : Ottawa

" Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."
ya no use asking on general status. Seems same copy paste message most of us get if we ask for general status other than any urgent request(or attaching docs etc).

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
I m decision made since July 27, trying to be pushy and contacted Mississauga processing office via email to see if i could get an early oath, just got response stating i m in queue for oath and they will contact in due course... Your guess is as good as mine

why_not_try

Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hi: my prohibitions, language skills and physical presence were updated as 'Completed' on Aug 13. Also ECAS now says Decision Made. I'm awaiting an invitation for the citizenship ceremony. I hope I am able to take the oath in time to participate in the Federal elections. But this may be hoping for too much? Admins: could you please update the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi: my prohibitions, language skills and physical presence were updated as 'Completed' on Aug 13. Also ECAS now says Decision Made. I'm awaiting an invitation for the citizenship ceremony. I hope I am able to take the oath in time to participate in the Federal elections. But this may be hoping for too much? Admins: could you please update the spreadsheet. Thanks!
I've updated the spreadsheet.

Unless you have a reason for Urgent Processing, it might be hard to get a date for oath of citizenship before the elections (but the possibility is not zero). So, good luck and all the very best.

Please post an update once you receive oath notification with oath date and once after you receive the oath email.

kzaman

May 31, 2015
Hi All. My timelines are below. It's been 6 months now since we took the online tests. I haven't received any response since. I checked the online status at the old site and it still says "In Process". The new website has "Language Skills", "Physical Presence" and "Prohibitions" in "In progress" status for all 4 of my family members with last update as of 23 April 2021. Should I be worried as I haven't received any communications or is this a normal turnaround time for CIC:

Family (4) Mississauga, ON Physical Presence: 1,150 days Application sent: Sep 10, 2019 Expected Delivery: Sep 16, 2019. AOR received on Dec 2nd. Online test done on 21 Feb 2021.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hi All. My timelines are below. It's been 6 months now since we took the online tests. I haven't received any response since. I checked the online status at the old site and it still says "In Process". The new website has "Language Skills", "Physical Presence" and "Prohibitions" in "In progress" status for all 4 of my family members with last update as of 23 April 2021. Should I be worried as I haven't received any communications or is this a normal turnaround time for CIC:

Family (4) Mississauga, ON Physical Presence: 1,150 days Application sent: Sep 10, 2019 Expected Delivery: Sep 16, 2019. AOR received on Dec 2nd. Online test done on 21 Feb 2021.
Unfortunately there isn’t much you can do other than call IRCC and ask about your application. This practice however, doesn’t usually yield any information regarding the current status of your application but you may want to try. It doesn’t hurt.

kzaman

May 31, 2015
Unfortunately there isn’t much you can do other than call IRCC and ask about your application. This practice however, doesn’t usually yield any information regarding the current status of your application but you may want to try. It doesn’t hurt.
Thanks but is 6 months normal? Are there other people in this group who have been waiting for 6 months or more? Most I've seen is 2 - 3 months and then they get the invite for oath ceremony