+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Kohl

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
My parents are quite elderly and my mother is a bit impulsive. Suddenly she wants to fly my family down to the states. I think it’s a bit early to be concerned about getting called up for the test and she’s willing to buy an open ended ticket so I feel pretty good since there is usually a three or more week notice before the test and it’s early. I didn’t get a FP request. If I do happen to get one, how long do I have to submit FP? Can it be done outside of the country? If any non routine stuff comes up is there any of it I can’t do from the states? Is leaving the country for four weeks gonna raise red flag or increase my chance of non routine processing? Is it going to look poorly on me if my CBP (CBA?) rec gets pulled while I’m gone and it shows I’m out of the country or shows I left the country and returned while this was in progress?

I figure it’s now or never because the more time that goes by the more uncomfortable I would be taking the risk of leaving Canada and missing something. So for me this is now or never. Citizenship is a huge priority for me but elderly parents are obviously a priority too, especially if they’ve felt a sudden urge for us all to fly down.

Thoughts?

Zayed05

Sep 8, 2019
Application Type: Single
Total Physical Presence: 1245
Application Sent: 05-Sep-2019
Application Received: 06-Sep-2019
Hello everyone, My name is Zayed..My Citizenship Applicaton is in Processing at this moment but i am not in Canada right now,the reason is I am very sick and it's been 3 months i am away..Should I be worried about my Application? please help me here i am really stressing out..please help please..Thanks everyone..

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
@sylvain1 I have received my FP request on Feb 12th and completed it on the 14th. Thank you for all your hardwork in maintaining the sheet.
most thanks should be now to @RBatista who is now updating the spreadsheet. I've been very busy in the last few weeks and did not have much time to come on this forum. I will keep updating the spreadsheet for September applicants, but I'm very happy that RBatista is now helping as well!

Survivor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
I have a question for those that did their finger prints at Canadian Fingerprinting Service. Is there a website that we can track where our finger prints has reached or is it just an email to RCMP?

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Application Type: Single
Total Physical Presence: 1245
Application Sent: 05-Sep-2019
Application Received: 06-Sep-2019
Hello everyone, My name is Zayed..My Citizenship Applicaton is in Processing at this moment but i am not in Canada right now,the reason is I am very sick and it's been 3 months i am away..Should I be worried about my Application? please help me here i am really stressing out..please help please..Thanks everyone..
It should be okay. Keep checking your email and ECAS for notification on interview/test and later oath. Of course you have to keep you PR status valid so that you can travel to Canada for test and oath. Here is the link where CIC says that you don't have to stay in the country after applying for citizenship.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Flew in from England to write my citizenship test yesterday Feb 12 at Canada house on jasper Avenue in Edmonton. Test was easy and straightforward. Thank you for this forum. I submitted from England.
Please would anyone know if I have to go with my kids 5 and 10 to the citizenship ceremony? The cic website said it’s not compulsory except 14 years above? I would appreciate any information.
Congratulations Nino...one question , you have specified you have submitted from England? can we submit citizenship application form out side of Canada?