Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
Feb 19, 2018
AOR Received.
March 29, 2018
Only August applicants are just starting to get their test invites. It’s too early to worry.
There are a few September applicants who've received their test invites already so I think that's why there is some concern.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
There are a few September applicants who've received their test invites already so I think that's why there is some concern.
You just said it yourself, “few”.

I know we’re all impatient to get our applications moving (I know I am), but only a few of us get so lucky to get fast processing. In the meantime, the posted official time is 12 months. When you go over the 12 months, that’s when you should really be worried.

anyway that’s just my opinion

Reactions: Raynen and peedvar

buzz.bee

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
Feb 19, 2018
AOR Received.
March 29, 2018
You just said it yourself, “few”.

I know we’re all impatient to get our applications moving (I know I am), but only a few of us get so lucky to get fast processing. In the meantime, the posted official time is 12 months. When you go over the 12 months, that’s when you should really be worried.

anyway that’s just my opinion
I don't think anyone is super worried at this point. I was just saying that a slight concern may come from us wondering why our applications aren't moving at the same pace.

Reactions: rhi

peedvar

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Test invitations depend on the office processing your file and how much backlog they are dealing with. Rather than looking at how many people from the same month got the invites, the parameter should be what percentage of people from your local office got the test invites.

Reactions: Raynen and RBatista

buzz.bee

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
Feb 19, 2018
AOR Received.
March 29, 2018
Test invitations depend on the office processing your file and how much backlog they are dealing with. Rather than looking at how many people from the same month got the invites, the parameter should be what percentage of people from your local office got the test invites.
I'm well aware of that but that doesn't necessarily mean there still won't be any concern. I also can't use this method as I haven't seen many people from London on any SS so I kind of have to go by the overall month view anyways

Nino123

Dec 3, 2019
Flew in from England to write my citizenship test yesterday Feb 12 at Canada house on jasper Avenue in Edmonton. Test was easy and straightforward. Thank you for this forum. I submitted from England.
Please would anyone know if I have to go with my kids 5 and 10 to the citizenship ceremony? The cic website said it’s not compulsory except 14 years above? I would appreciate any information.

californian89

Feb 13, 2020
Hello,
Please add me to the spreadsheet:
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1105
App Sent: Sep 16, 2019
App Delivered: Sep 19, 2019
AOR: Dec 10, 2019

Reactions: RBatista

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Can someone share an experience of the test structure in Calgary? Where is it typically held? What time of day is it usually? How long is the full process (i.e. test, interview etc.)? What if the test date provided is inconvenient, can it be changed?
It is held in downtown at Harry Hays building. They first check your documents (aka interview) and then ask you to sit for the test. You finish your test and get out. It's generally 2 hour process. The test date can be changed but general recommendation is not to. They will give you a test date which may be out 6 months to 1 year after rescheduling.

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Flew in from England to write my citizenship test yesterday Feb 12 at Canada house on jasper Avenue in Edmonton. Test was easy and straightforward. Thank you for this forum. I submitted from England.
Please would anyone know if I have to go with my kids 5 and 10 to the citizenship ceremony? The cic website said it’s not compulsory except 14 years above? I would appreciate any information.
You can take your kids but have some to look after them. The new citizens are seated separately from the family members. If the kids create too much nuisance, they may be asked to go out for some time.

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
After RCMP confirmation for FP, do I need to contact IRCC to check if they have received Finger prints ? If yes. after how many days I should do it ?
Please contact IRCC after 3 weeks of the submission of FP by RCMP. What was the return address mentioned on the FP Request? CIC Sydney or Vancouver?

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Agreed With u...thanks

Reactions: buzz.bee