September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Are they conducting citizenship tests online?
not yet
Online Citizenship Test
Ottawa, November 26, 2020—
As part of our response to the challenges posed by the pandemic, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is today launching a new platform for online citizenship tests.
The platform is being tested over the next few months. During this time, a limited number of clients—those whose tests were cancelled due to the pandemic and those who are on the waiting list—will be invited to take the online citizenship test.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/online-citizenship-test-2020.html

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
I volunteered to help IRCC on their new product , i will keep you posted on what it is,

On my citizenship time lines.
A family of 2 applicants from Mississauga
Applied in September 2019
In process from Jan 7 2020
No word yet on the next steps...

• Wow
Reactions: mpsqra

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
I volunteered to help IRCC on their new product , i will keep you posted on what it is,

On my citizenship time lines.
A family of 2 applicants from Mississauga
Applied in September 2019
In process from Jan 7 2020
No word yet on the next steps...
Which one would that be? Test? How did you get there?

ccursor

Dec 5, 2020
Just did my online test and got 20/20 on the "unofficial results"!!

Can the spreadsheet be updated with this please. Might help people understand the timelines for online tests and later on the oath, etc after the tests.

App type: Single
Physical presence days: 1097

Sent: 9th September 2019
Delivered: 12th September 2019
AOR: December 5th
In Process: January 13th
Online Test Invite: November 27th
Test: December 5th

Will be glad to answer any questions if I'm allowed to answer. I quite liked the online testing website.

Last edited:

Sriganganagar

Dec 5, 2020
Hi,
I have couple of question if somebody can answer.
1. In application Q,5 List all name...Should i have to write my current name or not in the table as well apart from previous name however i dont have any other name?
2. can i and my wife apply individualy or we have to apply together?
3. In the table about job...i have couple of casual jobs at the same time do i have to write all of them or only one of them provided with there should not be any time gap b/w two ?
4.In physical presence calculator..it askes what was the purpose of visit outside of Canada.. i went back for 177 days i started my job which i did not resign before coming to canada...so what should i write the reason in purpose of my visit?

Thank you

mannu635

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Can the spreadsheet be updated with this please. Might help people understand the timelines for online tests and later on the oath, etc after the tests.

Will be glad to answer any questions if I'm allowed to answer. I quite liked the online testing website.
Congratulations. Was your test rescheduled to online or Was this your first invite?

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Thanks. It was my first invite.
Congratulations! I got my AOR a couple of days before you, my test was cancelled March 12th and I've heard nothing since. I hope that means that mine may be coming soon as well *fingers crossed*

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I filed in Montreal; are there lags in between the cities? Would seem odd, given that this is a federal exercise.

ccursor

Dec 5, 2020
Congratulations! I got my AOR a couple of days before you, my test was cancelled March 12th and I've heard nothing since. I hope that means that mine may be coming soon as well *fingers crossed*

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I filed in Montreal; are there lags in between the cities? Would seem odd, given that this is a federal exercise.
I think it just depends on your case worker. You should get an invite soon enough I guess

Reactions: chs

rianlam

Star Member
May 16, 2017

congratulations. Are they sending you email for invitation? Is your ECAs updated as well?

can you please share your online test experience like the processing, the interview and stuff?
Thanks

ccursor

Dec 5, 2020
congratulations. Are they sending you email for invitation? Is your ECAs updated as well?

can you please share your online test experience like the processing, the interview and stuff?
Thanks
Yeah I got an email but ECAS wasn't updated. Still says "In Process".

rianlam

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Yeah I got an email but ECAS wasn't updated. Still says "In Process".
is the email is like "IRCC - CIC" headlines something like that. Just wonder as I afraid I might miss that email too. LOL.

My timeline is about the same as yours but not getting anything yet.

ccursor

Dec 5, 2020
is the email is like "IRCC - CIC" headlines something like that. Just wonder as I afraid I might miss that email too. LOL.

My timeline is about the same as yours but not getting anything yet.
The subject was: "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Event Notification"

And inside, the first thing was "Notice to appear"