+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Congratulations!!

My test was also done in Scarborough and status changed to DM the next day however I'm still waiting for the oath invite. Called IRCC last week and they told me they will notify me "as soon as there is a spot open in Scarborough". I think there are also lots of people waiting for oath invites from Scarborough office. It's interesting that they have spots for people took tests later than us. Wondering what is going on.
Same situation here. St.Catharines applicant tested at Scarborough and DM immediately next day.
During the interview was asked to get my file transferred to Niagara Falls as Scarborough doesn't have slots in the near future.
Today I see oath ceremonies in St.Catharines 1 in March and April each and 2 in May. So dont know what will be the venue for me, Scarborough, Niagara Falls, St.Catharines or SURPRISE!!

Lulu91

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Same situation here. St.Catharines applicant tested at Scarborough and DM immediately next day.
During the interview was asked to get my file transferred to Niagara Falls as Scarborough doesn't have slots in the near future.
Today I see oath ceremonies in St.Catharines 1 in March and April each and 2 in May. So dont know what will be the venue for me, Scarborough, Niagara Falls, St.Catharines or SURPRISE!!
That’s so strange that they tell you they don’t have slots in the near future but are giving people oath invites for the day after their test. I wish their process was more transparent so we could understand why that is.

cestcaquejm

Mar 5, 2020
That’s so strange that they tell you they don’t have slots in the near future but are giving people oath invites for the day after their test. I wish their process was more transparent so we could understand why that is.
So actually I asked the question on my call with IRCC and was told "they are probably just lucky".
I could fully understand it if it's just one-off. But it seems everyone who took their tests in Scarborough had taken the oath the next day. Most likely the same situation is going on this week.

Lulu91

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
So actually I asked the question on my call with IRCC and was told "they are probably just lucky".
I could fully understand it if it's just one-off. But it seems everyone who took their tests in Scarborough had taken the oath the next day. Most likely the same situation is going on this week.
Then I suppose we are unlucky for having taken our tests earlier lol. Nothing to do but wait...

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Yeah the privileged ones are lucky. Let's just take it with a pinch of salt and be patient while waiting for the golden invite :)

a3449655

Dec 3, 2014
Congratulations!!

My test was also done in Scarborough and status changed to DM the next day however I'm still waiting for the oath invite. Called IRCC last week and they told me they will notify me "as soon as there is a spot open in Scarborough". I think there are also lots of people waiting for oath invites from Scarborough office. It's interesting that they have spots for people took tests later than us. Wondering what is going on.
Ya. She called me to small room. and i thought i was failed, cause everyone was waiting in the waiting area. And then she said you passed the exam. Do you want to do the ceremony tomorrow and i said yes why not.
She called two people so I asked the other guy he also got the invitation for tomorrow.

Uangel

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Visa Office......
OOPNP
NOC Code......
Aug 1st applicant here. I passed my test in Scarborough on Dec 10, got Decision Made the next day, and have been waiting for an update since. Nothing abnormal about my application except early exam, just 1 short trip and no FP requests. I emailed them and they told me they have not scheduled an oath ceremony for me yet... Most of my friends got their application processed in 8 months so I am looking forward to have mine done by Apr 1. But the timelines overall seem quite random, so I'd definitely prepare for a longer wait.

Good luck everyone and greetings to those who got theirs on the day after!

brandon.smith

Mar 22, 2016
Aug 1st applicant here. I passed my test in Scarborough on Dec 10, got Decision Made the next day, and have been waiting for an update since. Nothing abnormal about my application except early exam, just 1 short trip and no FP requests. I emailed them and they told me they have not scheduled an oath ceremony for me yet... Most of my friends got their application processed in 8 months so I am looking forward to have mine done by Apr 1. But the timelines overall seem quite random, so I'd definitely prepare for a longer wait.

Good luck everyone and greetings to those who got theirs on the day after!
Yes it is a long wait. I am a May applicant and still waiting for the test invite. Scarborough office. Atleast you got done with your tests.. wait is long.. Your are near. just hang in there..

Reactions: Uangel

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hello all, I called CIC today again to know what is going on my application.
Rep tols me that in Background check your criminality included finger print step is passed but security check is in processing.
Can someone have idea about what is security check and how long it will take?
Have a good day!!!!

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Anyone is here waiting from Winnipeg office?

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
I understand that the decisions are circumstantial. However, what I was trying to point out is that once you go through one bad experience it stays with you. My PR took 10 months, and I was in the top 1% with my overall score. My PR experience was beyond stressful to say the least, my application got stalled without any fault of my own. When it was finally time to do the landing, Trump administration had just started and I was advised not to drive to the border because of my nationality and occupation. So I don't appreciate your false accusations on not having tried everything. When you're writing comments please be mindful that people might be going through obstacles that may not be applying to you. Also, be mindful that IRCC is known to ask for things beyond everyone's expectations, so this is not a game of being on top of things.
I think you have a serious case of reading misinterpretation here. I never judged you or anything like that. I just said what I did and worked for me; I reiterate what I said before. You know how it's the old say: " Expect for the best but prepare for the worst".
Just some notes: 1) you don't need to actually enter in the USA to make the landing in Canada. You just are in the "limbo" between the two countries and 2) the processing time has nothing to do with your overall score, you made the cut you are in and if you didn't you are out. After that moment, it's up to us to submit the papers promptly and wish for the luck to have a really good case manager and lastly 3)You don't know my experience with IRCC. Personally I don't believe IRCC is unfair or ask for things beyond's expectations. I've processed many different types of visas before with them and never had an issue of some "beyond expectation request". By the way, who is falsely accusing me of doing allegations is you and just quoting you: "please be mindful that people might be going through obstacles that may not be applying to you".
Honestly, I think even talking about this is absurd, we have only one common objective here, which is obtain our citizenship. In this forum, we share our experiences with the hope of helping the other during their process. I've been an immigrant in Canada and other countries before, for more than 17 years, If I need to share something to any immigrant in the world (not just Canada) that will be: "Your life as an immigrant will be significantly harder (doesn't matter where you came from and doesn't matter where your are living). Always expect for things to get complicated and also always expect to be demanded for more. It's not for me to judge if that is fair or not, if life it's fair or not. It's just that, LIFE. For me there are only two options: 1: Suck it up and keep going or 2: Accept defeat and go back to our countries. I keep trying, so it's very clear what my option is".

Last edited:

sainim27

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO, shifted to CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015 (PER)
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
22-05-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2015
LANDED..........
15-09-2015
Got Test Invite from Calgary office
App delivered Sep 23
AOR Dec 11
IP Jan 13 2020
Test Invite March 11
Test Date April 06

One wired thin, they sent me two emails, one says notice to appear and other one says final notice to appear, in which they saying they invited me for the test earlier and I didn't respond. Looks like they send the second email in error.
Do I need to follow up on their second email, is there anything to worry? Please share your opinion.

sainim27

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO, shifted to CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015 (PER)
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
22-05-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2015
LANDED..........
15-09-2015
in Test invite email, IRCC is asking to bring all original documents, but for IELTS I do not have the original certificate as it was submitted to IRCC with my PR application back in 2014.
Is this thing to worry about?