+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
If the GCMS notes say approved, there is no benefit on requesting another one. IRCC has put a lot of applications on hold because even if they send the PPR, you may not be able to travel due to the travel restrictions.

So you will just have to wait.
So stay put and wait. ARRRGGHHHH I just hoped to get some info. but you are right, it would make no sense to get another set now. just have to wait and see I suppose.

Reactions: legalfalcon

easy breezy

Nov 10, 2019
thanks for the response guys. we'll process our passport ASAP and update IRCC. btw, I haven't read anything from the other threads from the past months' AOR group. do you think many of them are still waiting like us? hopefully they'll grant us the PPRs already :(

Reactions: bananabear

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello everyone,

My partner’s passport is expiring on September 2021. We received our GCMS notes last November and it said that the final assessment is “approved” but the application is still “open” and “in progress.” We also saw our COPR details in the GCMS notes. The COPR expiry date in the GCMS note is on March 17, 2021. Unfortunately, we haven’t received the passport request yet and, with everything that’s going on, we don’t know when we’ll receive the passport request. It might come to the point when the PPR comes when her passport has less than 6 months of validity. We really don’t want to delay the process any more than necessary and are unsure of what to do.

We see several options:

1. Wait until May/June (passport renewal in our country takes about 1 month) before renewing passport and pray that PPR comes before that. This is the riskiest. And will the IRCC grant the PR visa if the passport has less than 6 months validity?
  2. Wait until after March 17 (COPR expiry) before renewing passport. We would have enough time to process the passport renewal and the COPR will need to be renewed anyway.
  3. Renew the passport ASAP and inform IRCC. Obviously, this the most responsible option but it might delay the application even more. We already have COPR details so we fear that updating the passport details will delay the PPR. We also don’t know when we should inform IRCC of the changes. Should we inform the. while the passport renewal is in process or once we get the new passport?

And, currently, how long is the processing time when you submit your passport until the time that you get it back?

Tagging @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes , I hope that you can help shed some light on our dilemma. Thank you very much!
Hi, best to renew the passport and thereafter inform IRCC, it will have no impact on your application.

Reactions: bananabear

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey all!
Did anyone, especially US-based had any progress on their application recently?
IRCC has been silent on mine since the last GU in early November. They hadn't responded to my December webforms either.

I wonder if they went into another hibernation for another year or if I should expect PPR soon, as per their latest webform response in Nov my eligibility, security and criminality are all passed/valid...
This wait is so frustrating.

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hey all!
Did anyone, especially US-based had any progress on their application recently?
IRCC has been silent on mine since the last GU in early November. They hadn't responded to my December webforms either.

I wonder if they went into another hibernation for another year or if I should expect PPR soon, as per their latest webform response in Nov my eligibility, security and criminality are all passed/valid...
This wait is so frustrating.
Lately, Jan/Feb 2020 people are getting PPR.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Not a PPR, but... Yesterday I had a ghost update. The progress bar disappeared and the status of my medicals changed from "You don't need a medical exam" to "We are reviewing your medical exam". My medicals expired in September 2020, I wonder if it means remedical/medical extension is coming my way...

Has anyone with expired medicals experienced this sort of update prior to remedical/PPR?

Searchy

Sep 19, 2020
Not a PPR, but... Yesterday I had a ghost update. The progress bar disappeared and the status of my medicals changed from "You don't need a medical exam" to "We are reviewing your medical exam". My medicals expired in September 2020, I wonder if it means remedical/medical extension is coming my way...

Has anyone with expired medicals experienced this sort of update prior to remedical/PPR?
Thanks
Mine also expired in September and status still we don’t need.
Hopefully things will get better as I need to apply for my second bridge open permit and not sure if I have to redo medical again

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019

Similar here, no GU or any messages (expected) but the bar is gone, which is new. @legalfalcon could it be because of a site update?

felixnote

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hello Seniors in the house,

Please I got PPR on Nov 23, submitted our passports and application got approved yesterday with the Visa counterfoil details. But surprisingly today, I got a notification that application status has changed and discovered my profile has changed to Submitted. Please, has anyone experienced this and what can I do to follow up with this

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Similar here, no GU or any messages (expected) but the bar is gone, which is new. @legalfalcon could it be because of a site update?
The progress bar only depicts time elapsed and not the actual processing. As per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process, but the progress bar only showed 6 months, which in itself was false.

Now add COVID to the mix.

Also, IRCC may be rolling out a new mechanism to track the application, but nothing has been announced.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

felixnote

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
@legalfalcon

Many thanks for always coming to my rescue. Please I got PPR on Nov 23, submitted our passports and application got approved yesterday with the Visa counterfoil details. But surprisingly today, I got a notification that application status has changed and discovered my profile has changed to Submitted. Please is this a system glitch and what can I do to resolve this.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Many thanks for always coming to my rescue. Please I got PPR on Nov 23, submitted our passports and application got approved yesterday with the Visa counterfoil details. But surprisingly today, I got a notification that application status has changed and discovered my profile has changed to Submitted. Please is this a system glitch and what can I do to resolve this.
Have you achieved your PP and COPR back?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Not Yet. PP sent Nov 26, was delivered to the VO on 16th of Dec, Profile changed to Approved 12th of January, and Profile changed back to submitted 13th of January.
No need to be concerned . Just wait for the PP to come back.