Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi friends.
Given the fact that the information about security is redacted in GCMS notes, does ordering a CBSA note reveal the redacted information?
These are from the CBSA Security Screening Manual about disclosure guidelines, information is redacted as is in the case of the Manual itself.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi friends.
Given the fact that the information about security is redacted in GCMS notes, does ordering a CBSA note reveal the redacted information?
No. It will not. However, most CBSA notes will show the status on page 2, and will also show the notes parting to when the security started and if it has been concluded along with the date.

To read on how security screening is done and the procedure, see https://bit.ly/3ixxthY

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Based on your GCMS notes, your eligibility is yet to be determined by an officer. You can read my previous post to see how the GCMS notes should look like when your eligibility is passed by an officer. You only have a case analyst notes.

The post is available at #3,199

As regards review required, my old post, which I am reporting here:

Also on page 2, your security is redacted. So most likely your security has started. If your Job duties substantially match the job duties of the NOC selected, then you need not worry.
Thanks for your response. It's very helpful

Justified

Aug 13, 2020
Hi Guys, got GCMS notes and it say Eligibility: Recommend Pass since 21 February. Security not started. Medical and criminality Passed. Anyone with an idea why such long delay? What should I expect next?

Reactions: LIZ_2020

nur_amirkhan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Kazakhstan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17th Sep 2019
Hi Guys, got GCMS notes and it say Eligibility: Recommend Pass since 21 February. Security not started. Medical and criminality Passed. Anyone with an idea why such long delay? What should I expect next?
Hi @Justified! Same boat here: eligibility recommend pass since end of Feb, security not started...AOR 17th Sep (FSW-O)

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
...A lot of the applications see COVID pace in the GCMS notes. It is yet to be seen what exactly it means, but does indicate that IRCC issuing slower, or not issuing PPRs unless the respective visa offices in your country reopen or the travel restrictions are removed...
Thanks for the insight. What exactly are we monitoring here - commercial/recreational travel? Bubble agreements like the recent one? Official tweets?
I'm approved but as you said no PPR. I just want to learn how to analyse and see the trend in the events with Covid and Immigration. Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the insight. What exactly are we monitoring here - commercial/recreational travel? Bubble agreements like the recent one? Official tweets?
I'm approved but as you said no PPR. I just want to learn how to analyse and see the trend in the events with Covid and Immigration. Thank you.
There are no trends. IRCC apart from Canada's public health experts, will have to rely on country specific instructions. Also, facts such as whether visa free travel is allowed, does you country of residence has exit controls, whether Canada can reach an agreement for e-Visa with your country of residence etc. will be factors.

Honestly, if your application has been approved, and you are willing to travel, send a CSE to IRCC informing them that you are willing to travel and a tentative itinerary. A lot of applicants have been receiving emails from IRCC asking their willing ness to travel and itinerary.

Reactions: Olu.wa.se.un

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi friends.
No, the information regarding security is is never disclosed.

The CBSA notes only inform you the date when the security was initiated and if it has been concluded, then the case when the report of sent to IRCC.

The same goes with CSIS notes.

To read the details on how the security is done, see https://bit.ly/2DxSQ42

The manual that CBSA has disclosed in public domain pertains to 2016 and is highly redacted. There is a new manual in place now, but is exempt from disclosure. This is as per the most recent information available.

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ..I received my GCMS notes. Security is blank and s15 on top right corner. Eligibility and Criminality PASSED.

How do we know if security is completed? I read a few posts on this forum that random applications are picked for security screening which takes months to an year to finish. How to know if my application is not a part of that process from GCMS?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
@legalfalcon Thanks for your response. I finally got my GCMS Notes yesterday and this is the summary:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security: s15 (1). top right corner
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled

GROUP NAME:

Group name: 1
Created Date: 2020/06/04
Name: CN COVID PACE
Type: PR- Other

Notes: 4
Created Date: 2020/02/22
Updated Date: 2020/02/22
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: CPC- Ottawa
Text: Final decision pending rework of PA's IMM Medicals. Request in process

Note: 5
Created Date: 2019/12/09
Updated Date: 2019/12/09
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: CPC- Ottawa
Text:
Case Analyst: ***REVIEW REQUIRED***

RECOMMENDATION:
Review Required SUMMARY NOTES: OFFICER PLEASE REVIEW NOC. IT APPEARS THAT THE NOC IS NOT VALID. A11.2: Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA- FSW POINTS/ Funds: Review Required FSW points total: 59 Outstanding Documents (Not Requested):- PA Meds - Re-evaluation Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

What can I make from this? The case analyst says NOC is not valid. Im pretty confident this is the right NOC and given that Eligibility was passed, does this mean they finally realized their mistake. Does this confirm waiting for PPR?
You didn't share note 1 to 3...

Those might contain Officer comments.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ..I received my GCMS notes. Security is blank and s15 on top right corner. Eligibility and Criminality PASSED.

How do we know if security is completed? I read a few posts on this forum that random applications are picked for security screening which takes months to an year to finish. How to know if my application is not a part of that process from GCMS?
Security is always redacted. On page 2, you will see that the security is blank and on the top right corner you will see s15(1).S 15 is the relevant section under which the security is redacted. To read on s15 see https://bit.ly/2E0mhLN

If it has been more than 2 months that your eligibility was passed by an officer, and your security has not yet concluded, then you may be in enhanced SS.

To see if your eligibility is passed, see my previous post on how your GCMS note should look like available at #3,199

To read the details on how the security is done, the procedure, etc. see https://bit.ly/2DxSQ42

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
Thank you for the response @legalfalcon
I received below web form reply this morning. So i'd assume my security checks are done and I'm not a part of enhances SS. Please let me know if you feel otherwise.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.

MarkDJ

Jan 22, 2020
Hi guys,
I need your help. Our Canadian Citizenship application was submitted in September 2019 and received email that our application was in process in December. Since then, me and my wife have not received any email about exam etc. We are just worried, I don’t know if there’s anybody out there who are also experiencing this. Do we need to follow up our application or wait? This is what it shows online when we check our application status:

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 17, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 5, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 10, 2020.

dd23

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
Hello Team,

Need urgent help/suggestions. @legalfalcon if you can help.

I received the the GCMS notes today. I am not sure if I am reading GCMS notes correctly, but it seems there are 2 issues in the application:

1. My wife had applied for tourist visa for Canada in early 2019 for H1B stamping and the visa got approved. But she had to go to India for an emergency, so she got H1B stamping done from India and could not send the passport to Canadian consulate for Canada Visa stamp. It seems, since it was not mentioned in our PR application, officer has put 'Review Required' status and 'Application Refused' in comments.
Some snippets: "RECOMMENDATION: Review Required SUMMARY NOTES: CIO RECOMMENDATION FOR PA AND SPOUSE: PASS CRIMINALITY. HOWEVER, SPOUSE WAS REFUSED A TRV IN 201. NOT DECLARED IN E-APR....

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA: No trace other than present application SPOUSE/CL: POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION: APPLICATION REFUSED: THE APPLICATION DID NOT PROVIDE THE REQUESTED ORIGINAL PASSPORT WITHIN GIVEN TIMEFRAME. SUBSECTION A16(1) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND REFUGEE PROTECTION ACT STATES THAT A PERSON WHO MAKES AN APPLICATION MUST ANSWER TRUTHFULLY TO ALL QUESTIONS PUT TO THEM FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE EXAMINATION AND MUST PRODUCE ALL RELEVANT EVIDENCE AND DOCUMENTS THAT THE OFFICER REASONABLY REQUIRES. CLIENT DID NOT SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AS REQUESTED BY THE DUE DATE. AS A RESULT, I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT CLIENT MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE ACT, NAMELY, THAT SHE/HE HAS PRODUCED ALL RELEVANT EVIDENCE AND DOCUMENTS THAT THE OFFICER REASONABLY REQUIRES FOR THE ISSUANCE OF A TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA. APPLICATION REFUSED."

In the Activity section, the latest activity reads:
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ
Field Name: Status
New Value: Cancelled

What does that mean? Is my application rejected completely or I can still provide some explanation for the situation? Best way forward?

2. In work experience section, I have mentioned my experience as 6 years for given NOC (4 years after Masters degree and 2 years prior). It seems, officer is counting only post-Masters experience and has noted: "PA has declared 6+ years of experience. Only confirmed 4-5 years." Is that an issue and needs any additional documentation that you can suggest?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Hey, Did you get any updates? From what I understand, you must have missed mentioning Yes to have you ever applied to IRCC before question.