+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hi guys
jumping right into it. so here is my predicament, my timer clocked out in march, I hadn't received a word from IRCC since September 2019, ordered first GCMS in Jan and apparently my application was put on review required, which was reviewed in October 2019 and pushed for final decision. Since then nothing but silence, Tried emailing a few times but generic reply and none from New Delhi office as is expected.
Then a few days ago I ordered another GCMS notes. Thought might as well since these guys aren't really giving any clear info. On 2nd June I get an email stating that my application is under process and it is taking longer than usual, in the mean time my application page says, background check in progress. That's good I thought since that was the first change I saw in months. Again expected.
Then a few days ago I got that Survey thing. How has COVID effected you and all. some of you might have seen it too. Now here is when it gets interesting. Got my GCMS notes today. All Passed and final decision approved 14th April 2020, and i am like WHAT THE F! it clearly states COPR initiated on 14th of April 2020, I didn't receive any email from them, or any communication apart from "your application is in progress"and the survey. The GCMS note states the officer approved it and COPR was initiated but IRCC agents keep giving me the usual run around.
Now should I email them again, asking them what is going on. Also, is anyone else in the same boat, could it be that since we were and in a lock down IRCC is like lets wait and see.
I am not sure what to make of it. I am happy that its been approved but without the "Golden email" I still feel I am in a limbo. Should I email them and let them know what my GCMS notes say, or would that be a bit too bold.
Thought's anyone.
exactly the same, but GCMS notes say approved Jan 27.... plus my hobby these days is to send a web form inquiry every month....

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
any CEC inland folks still waiting for COPR?
They asked for my passport on March 9 (the famous PPR letter), and I sent everything a few days later. Never got COPR...

I got a call [NO CALLER ID on screen] minutes ago from an agent asking some questions and said my application has been approved and I should receive an email these days to get my confirmation.

My CIC profile is already showing that my Permanent Residence application was been approved.

I am SO happy, I've been waiting this for MONTHS!

Last edited:
Reactions: Meggg and pemyrie

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
They asked my passport on March 9 and I sent everything a few days later. Never got COPR...

I got a call minutes ago from an agent asking some questions and said my application has been approved and I should receive an email these days to get my confirmation.

My CIC profile is already showing that my Permanent Residence application was been approved.

sincere congratulations

• Love
Reactions: Norma55

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
They asked for my passport on March 9 (the famous PPR letter), and I sent everything a few days later. Never got COPR...

I got a call [NO CALLER ID on screen] minutes ago from an agent asking some questions and said my application has been approved and I should receive an email these days to get my confirmation.

Congrats! :) I know you will have a wonderful rest of the night :)

• Love
Mar 3, 2020
Hey everyone, Normally today it's the last day of travel restrictions, does anyone knows if they are going to extend these restrictions or not ? that can be a positif sign for us :)

Reactions: EropbI4

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hey everyone, Normally today it's the last day of travel restrictions, does anyone knows if they are going to extend these restrictions or not ? that can be a positif sign for us :)
Until further notice, most foreign nationals cannot travel to Canada, even if they have a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA).
These restrictions stop most non-essential (discretionary) travel to Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Tanglechuu

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
I believe Trudeau is supposed to make an announcement today. I hope he gives us some good news. Or even any news!

Tanya1617

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Hello Guys,

Could anybody let me know how long is it taking to get the PR cards these days for inland applicants.
I submitted my photos on 23rd June to Edmonton office, but no update on that.

Thanks

Speakofblessings

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hello Guys, I am new on this forum and need help urgently. My wife is the primary applicant and we claimed points for my brother who is a or. However I received my gcms note today and noticed that a review was done and the comment reads " I am not convinced the accompanying spouse has a sibling who is a or as only affidavits and passport pages for both supposed siblings were submitted". Our government recognised birth certificates for missing but I have a birth certificate from a private clinic however, my brother doesn't have any. Please any suggestions as to alternative documents and ways to convince the visa officer that I and my brother are siblings. House kindly assist as I'm totally confused. @legalfalcon and other experienced guys pls help..... May thank.

felixnote

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hello Guys, I am new on this forum and need help urgently. My wife is the primary applicant and we claimed points for my brother who is a or. However I received my gcms note today and noticed that a review was done and the comment reads " I am not convinced the accompanying spouse has a sibling who is a or as only affidavits and passport pages for both supposed siblings were submitted". Our government recognised birth certificates for missing but I have a birth certificate from a private clinic however, my brother doesn't have any. Please any suggestions as to alternative documents and ways to convince the visa officer that I and my brother are siblings. House kindly assist as I'm totally confused. @legalfalcon and other experienced guys pls help..... May thank.
I'll suggest you get an Affidavit done confirming that both of you are siblings, also ask your brother to do same using a notory public if possible. Also, check with your country's birth registry if an attestation of birth can be gotten for your brother, and if possible get same for him- I think these should suffice

Speakofblessings

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
I'll suggest you get an Affidavit done confirming that both of you are siblings, also ask your brother to do same using a notory public if possible. Also, check with your country's birth registry if an attestation of birth can be gotten for your brother, and if possible get same for him- I think these should suffice
Many thanks@ felixnote. Just to reconfirm if I will have to wait until the refusal letter is sent or I can send the documents using a webform?. More suggestions pls guys. Thanks

manasvi_022

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-09-2019
Hello Guys,

Could anybody let me know how long is it taking to get the PR cards these days for inland applicants.
I submitted my photos on 23rd June to Edmonton office, but no update on that.

Thanks
Hey Tanya, hope you’re keeping well. Just a quick question here. As you said you’re inland and you sent your photo, did they sent you a CoPR letter via mail to your address after your application got approved? Thanks