+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Hi,
I applied via FSW with BCPNP when I was outside Canada and have an AOR date of September. However, I moved to Canada on a work permit after that and updated IRCC accordingly.
Will I be considered as outland or inland?
thanks,
V

Jun 20, 2019
Hello folks,

I just found out that I got a survey from CIC in my spam folder which makes me think what if got the golden email in my spam folder and it got deleted after 30 days (SPAM deletes emails after 30 days). I didn't check my SPAM folder in last 60 days until today. I have read somewhere that often time the status on the portal won't change and you still can get the golden email.

Any suggestion on what should be my next step?

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Hello folks,

I just found out that I got a survey from CIC in my spam folder which makes me think what if got the golden email in my spam folder and it got deleted after 30 days (SPAM deletes emails after 30 days). I didn't check my SPAM folder in last 60 days until today. I have read somewhere that often time the status on the portal won't change and you still can get the golden email.

Any suggestion on what should be my next step?
I had the same experience. My survey email was in my spam folder and now I too am worried if I missed the golden email all together?
Can someone please suggest the best course of action?

Banabas

Jun 26, 2020
Hi,

AOR is sep 2019
I received my Gcms notes in June and saw Eligibility failed. since middle of may. I have raised a cse immediately to address the visa officers concerns but how do I know they have acted on these documents.?

Pls is there a difference between eligibility failed and not met? @legalfalcon

Last edited:

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Found this on their website

Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV)
Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a COPR and PRV and inform us, by submitting a Web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:

• Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.
  • Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days. These files can be identified by their disposition in the GCMS and the org ID O263567290956.
Re-opened applications
Approved applications where the principal applicant has not already become a permanent resident can be re-opened in GCMS by cancelling the COPR and PRV and removing the final decision.

When to review a re-opened application
Once the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports.

If the 60-day waiting period elapses and the applicant has not informed us that they are able to travel, a note should be placed in the application, and it should be brought forward for review for an additional 60 days.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#approved_permanent_residence

Does this mean that all those whose file has been approved will be reopened and re examined, and would we need new medicals!
If this is the case what's the bloody point of processing applications!

AshishRawat

Jan 23, 2019
Hello members,

I applied for FSW-O having an OINP and its my 7th month in wait. No updates on the profile. I am using webform to get the status of the application and 2 weeks ago they were replying as below:

• The eligibility review has been met.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
    But this week when i received a reply it says my eligibility is again being checked.
    • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied,
      • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
    • The security background verification has not been initiated.
    • The criminal background verification is currently valid.

• Does anybody know what it means and has experienced the same. Should i worry about it and also about why my security has still not started.
      I have ordered the GCMS notes too this week. Thanks for any response.

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Urgent.... Pls can somebody respond. @legalfalcon
Did they contact you regarding this. Any email or message. The best and only way is to order GCMS notes, it will detail if the information you provided was reviewed and where your application stands as of today.
That's my 2 cents anyways, I hope that helps.

Reactions: Banabas

Banabas

Jun 26, 2020
Did they contact you regarding this. Any email or message. The best and only way is to order GCMS notes, it will detail if the information you provided was reviewed and where your application stands as of today.
That's my 2 cents anyways, I hope that helps.
I saw it on my Gcms notes this week. I did not get any email or update on my profile. Do the cic agents still receive calls?

NeoJ

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Found this on their website

Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV)
Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a COPR and PRV and inform us, by submitting a Web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:

• Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.
  • Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days. These files can be identified by their disposition in the GCMS and the org ID O263567290956.
Re-opened applications
Approved applications where the principal applicant has not already become a permanent resident can be re-opened in GCMS by cancelling the COPR and PRV and removing the final decision.

When to review a re-opened application
Once the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports.

If the 60-day waiting period elapses and the applicant has not informed us that they are able to travel, a note should be placed in the application, and it should be brought forward for review for an additional 60 days.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#approved_permanent_residence

Does this mean that all those whose file has been approved will be reopened and re examined, and would we need new medicals!
If this is the case what's the bloody point of processing applications!
Good question.

On the website, it states that
Permanent residence applications approved on or before March 18, 2020
If we approved your application on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven’t travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures.

How about for those who are approved after March 18? They cannot travel to Canada and hence must wait for the file to be reopened and reaccessed?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Good question.

On the website, it states that
Permanent residence applications approved on or before March 18, 2020
If we approved your application on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven’t travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures.

How about for those who are approved after March 18? They cannot travel to Canada and hence must wait for the file to be reopened and reaccessed?
That's my question exactly, if this is the case the processing will be a nightmare. For them and for us. which means going over it all over again. it seems like a bit of a let down. You finally get your decision and they are like hold on, lets comeback in a few months and reassess. What if they ask for more documents and proofs, that would be a tough ask and also means by the time you have it and upload it it will take them even longer to assess and make recommendations.
The worst part is there is no clarity on this. It seems everyone including IRCC is flying blind.
@legalfalcon, what's your take on this.