NOI from Alberta received - 24th April 2019
Document Checklist - 30th April 2019
Documents delivered - 29th May 2019
File number received - 16th July 2019
Officer asked additional information - Not Applicable
Got the nomination from Alberta - 26th August 2019
Accepted Nomination - 26th August 2019

NOC is 2171
CRS Score is 436. CRS Score jumped to 1036.

AOR Received - September 14, 2019
Medical Passed - October 1, 2019
Biometrics Letter - October 1, 2019
Biometrics Passed - October 15, 2019

Passport Request Letter - January 9, 2020
IRCC Website updated - January 17, 2020 with notice saying 100% complete. Application has been approved.
Passport mailed to Canada - January 13, 2020
Passport delivered to Canada - January 14, 2020
Passport received back - January 24, 2020

And new update:
Moved to Canada on May 21, 2020.
No major hassle at the border.
Exported my car as well.
Border crossing at Niagara Falls.
Staying in Toronto for about a month or so.
Can you talk a little bit about exporting your car. What is the process like and is it worth doing it if you have a used car? Hi

hbshrestha

Aug 9, 2019
Can you talk a little bit about exporting your car. What is the process like and is it worth doing it if you have a used car? Hi
Exporting the car is fairly easy although there is a bit of paperwork that needs to be done. Steps I took are below.
1. Make sure car is paid off and you own the title clean. You can export a car with a loan on it but there are issues that will come up and I believe it is not worth the hassle.
2. Apply for an ITN (Internal Transit Number). There are many companies that you can research online that will file for an ITN for you. I used a company called Simplified Trade Solutions and they charged $35USD to apply for an ITN. You will need to provide vehicle information and your information to the company for them to file for an ITN. Takes about a day to get this.
3. Pick the border crossing where you want to export your car. Note that not all border crossings will allow you to export a vehicle. Just because you can drive through the border crossing doesn't mean you can export a vehicle through that border crossing. I picked Niagara Falls, at the Lewiston Bridge. You need to let the company that is filing your ITN know which border crossing you are going to use. Some border crossings are easier that others.
4. You have to provide the border crossing with a 72-hour notice before you can export your car from that border crossing. Each border crossing has its own procedure on how they want you to inform them. For the border crossing I chose, at Lewiston Bridge, all I had to do was email my ITN and my VIN 72 hours before my planned crossing. An automated email was sent back to me confirming my export and also showing me where I should bring my car on the day.
5. On the day itself, the process is fairly simple. You go to the export building and park your car in the designated spot. From there, you go in to the building and submit your documents (title, VIN, email from border, passport, drivers license). The officer will stamp your title, then confirm your VIN, and you are good to go.
6. Drive to Canada border. When you arrive at the border, the officer there will ask for your landing papers. Inform them that you are also importing a car.
7. Canada border will help you fill out what is called a Vehicle Import Form-Form1. They will also submit it to RIV (Registrar of Imported Vehicles). There is a fee that you will have to pay but that can be done online. They will provide you with two copies of the Form1.
8. You will need to pay the RIV fee and submit a recall clearance letter (from the manufacturer) to the RIV via email or fax. After that is done, they will send you an RIV inspection form.
9. Take the RIV inspection form, make any required modifications to the vehicle as detailed in the inspection form, then get it inspected by an authorized inspection center. Then only you can get the vehicle plated in Canada.

I think it is worth it to take a vehicle over with you. The most important points being:
1. You have something to drive around in when you get into Canada.
2. If you are a First Time Settler, you do not have to pay any duties or tax on the vehicle, as long as you are driving the vehicle when you first come to Canada. This is a one time only scenario.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

komi55

May 25, 2020
Hello everyone,

I got ITA in Oct 2019. I went through upfront medical examination in May 2019. However, initially my status showed as passed for medicals but after 5 months they sent me IMM-1017E form to go through medical again and get the form submitted through panel. I contacted IOM-Pakistan but their operations are suspended due to covid-19. However, the panel said they submitted my e-medical. My application was supposed to be completed by April 2020 but now my medical has expired. Do I need to go through medicals again or can I request IRCC to extend it due to covid-19? Is it favorable o go to hospital for medical again? Please help.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hello everyone,

I got ITA in Oct 2019. I went through upfront medical examination in May 2019. However, initially my status showed as passed for medicals but after 5 months they sent me IMM-1017E form to go through medical again and get the form submitted through panel. I contacted IOM-Pakistan but their operations are suspended due to covid-19. However, the panel said they submitted my e-medical. My application was supposed to be completed by April 2020 but now my medical has expired. Do I need to go through medicals again or can I request IRCC to extend it due to covid-19? Is it favorable o go to hospital for medical again? Please help.
When did they send you this form IMM-1017E? Was it in March 2020?

Anyways, that form is for remedical request and you must take this exam again. What was the timeline to give this exam, 30 days or 90 days? If there's not enough time till the deadline, you must submit Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) and request for extension as the IRCC approved physicians are closed in your country due to the pandemic. They will give an extension.

komi55

May 25, 2020
When did they send you this form IMM-1017E? Was it in March 2020?

Anyways, that form is for remedical request and you must take this exam again. What was the timeline to give this exam, 30 days or 90 days? If there's not enough time till the deadline, you must submit Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) and request for extension as the IRCC approved physicians are closed in your country due to the pandemic. They will give an extension.
Yes, they sent me this form IMM-1017E in March 2020 but I sent an email to IRCC via webform and they said due to covid-19, everyone has 90 days to submit a document. This is what they responded:

If the responsible office requested that you provide additional documents, complete a medical examination or give your biometrics, rest assured that they will not refuse your application if you cannot complete the next step due to the novel coronavirus.

Also, one more question, I have moved to Germany from Pakistan and I am secondary applicant on my spouse application. Can I go for medicals in Germany? How can I inform them?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Yes, they sent me this form IMM-1017E in March 2020 but I sent an email to IRCC via webform and they said due to covid-19, everyone has 90 days to submit a document. This is what they responded:

If the responsible office requested that you provide additional documents, complete a medical examination or give your biometrics, rest assured that they will not refuse your application if you cannot complete the next step due to the novel coronavirus.

Also, one more question, I have moved to Germany from Pakistan and I am secondary applicant on my spouse application. Can I go for medicals in Germany? How can I inform them?
I see no issue to do the medical in Germany. But your application medical will not pass till everyone in the application completes the exam. You may use CSE to inform change of address for the spouse (you).

komi55

May 25, 2020
I see no issue to do the medical in Germany. But your application medical will not pass till everyone in the application completes the exam. You may use CSE to inform change of address for the spouse (you).
Can you please share link through which I can inform them of the address change? Thanks

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Can you please share link through which I can inform them of the address change? Thanks
Send Case Specific Enquiry. You may the find the link in your AOR pdf file.

lsc_bc

May 27, 2020
Hi everyone! I just received my Co-PR this morning and here is my timeline:

Aug 21, 2019 - EE profile was created
Aug 31, 2019 - Applied to EEBC PNP - International Post Graduation Category
Sept 12, 2019 - Status Changed to “In process” and then “finalized” within 2 hours + nomination email from BC PNP + extra points in the EE profile
Sept 18, 2019 - Invitation to apply EE under FSW stream
Sept 27, 2019 - EE documents sent + AOR
Oct 22, 2019 - Medical exam passed
April 28, 2020 - Request of additional doc - Letter of explanation sent on the same day.
May 27, 2020 - Co-PR e-mail.

Inland - BC PNP via express entry.
NOC applied: 4012
CRS: 981
Visa office: Sydney, Nova Scotia. However, the e-mail was sent from CIC- Winnipeg (CIC-Winnipeg@cic.gc.ca)
I called them 3-4 times between Dec-Feb and everything was always “in progress”. Never received a ghost update.

Co-PR was sent straight to my e-mail.

Good luck everyone! They are back processing the applications :).

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
Thinking about going in mid July depending on when regular flight resume .
You’ve booked tickets? where are you flying from?

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Hi everyone! I just received my Co-PR this morning and here is my timeline:

Aug 21, 2019 - EE profile was created
Aug 31, 2019 - Applied to EEBC PNP - International Post Graduation Category
Sept 12, 2019 - Status Changed to “In process” and then “finalized” within 2 hours + nomination email from BC PNP + extra points in the EE profile
Sept 18, 2019 - Invitation to apply EE under FSW stream
Sept 27, 2019 - EE documents sent + AOR
Oct 22, 2019 - Medical exam passed
April 28, 2020 - Request of additional doc - Letter of explanation sent on the same day.
May 27, 2020 - Co-PR e-mail.

Inland - BC PNP via express entry.
NOC applied: 4012
CRS: 981
Visa office: Sydney, Nova Scotia. However, the e-mail was sent from CIC- Winnipeg (CIC-Winnipeg@cic.gc.ca)
I called them 3-4 times between Dec-Feb and everything was always “in progress”. Never received a ghost update.

Co-PR was sent straight to my e-mail.

Good luck everyone! They are back processing the applications :).
Congrats!! I have applied via BC PNP as well but am still waiting. May I ask how come they issues a CoPR without first issuing a PPR? Is that how it goes for inland applicants? congrats again.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Congrats!! I have applied via BC PNP as well but am still waiting. May I ask how come they issues a CoPR without first issuing a PPR? Is that how it goes for inland applicants? congrats again.
in current scenario for inland applicants they are directly issuing COPR so that inland people can directly get PR card and they wudn't have to travel to border for interview and such