+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
He said he is still waiting as well. no nothing...he knows someone who's going tmrw (i dont understand what he meant by going) Said he will update me if that person gets any info
Thank you friend. I am wondering too what I should do in case I dont get any communication at all till 26th'. Bcos as of now the news is only on twitter and websites no formal cancellation on email. And the mail says that if you are not there for the interview , it will be considered that you are not interested in pursuing the PR process further. Also I understand that the call centers are closed and they are not responding to the twitter message I sent to IRCC. Anyways there is still a little time and I hope things are clear by then. I'm sure all those guys are also under a lot of pressure. Better to keep a little patient. Will keep you guys posted.

Reactions: senhari2005

Kodihusky

Jan 24, 2014
Thank you friend. I am wondering too what I should do in case I dont get any communication at all till 26th'. Bcos as of now the news is only on twitter and websites no formal cancellation on email. And the mail says that if you are not there for the interview , it will be considered that you are not interested in pursuing the PR process further. Also I understand that the call centers are closed and they are not responding to the twitter message I sent to IRCC. Anyways there is still a little time and I hope things are clear by then. I'm sure all those guys are also under a lot of pressure. Better to keep a little patient. Will keep you guys posted.
ok so my friend just told me he got email saying landing interview was cancelled. No instruction for phone interview. The guy he knew went to the office, theres only once security guard. Nobodys there....

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
ok so my friend just told me he got email saying landing interview was cancelled. No instruction for phone interview. The guy he knew went to the office, theres only once security guard. Nobodys there....
@Kodihusky @senhari2005 I got a formal cancellation mail this morning. The mail does not say anything about Telephonic interview. It just says that they will communicate a new date for interview later. For those needed priority processing, they have asked to mail on a certain ID with a justification and they will take it on a case by case basis. So near and yet so far :)

hellboynow

Mar 17, 2020
We are in the same position, although I did raise a webform, I received generic information. Looking at the lockdown situation there, I am sure there would be delays. You can request gcms notes, please read the procedure available on this thread, but again looking at the situation there and the requests they already might have not sure by when you will receive them. The last option is calling, that alao we are not sure how long you will wait on hold for an actual agent to come over or these services are even available.
Hi @Bn2ca can you share your generic information reply?

I asked mine and received this reply
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry and are pleased to confirm that the information in your file has been updated.
In addition, we sent a request to the responsible office asking that they send you the correspondence again. You should receive it shortly.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
<cut- some links below this>
Nothing changes on my application even though the mail said my file has been updated :(
Calling is not an option right now since there's no customer service due to covid-19

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Can we goto the border for the PR interview?
I don't think so and I would not advise either. If there is enough time for your COPR i would suggest to be patient and give a little time for things to settle down. All government staff are already under pressure dealing with this. Mine is valid until Sep so I would wait for at least 2 months maybe before trying any alternate options.

Bn2ca

Mar 6, 2020
Hi @Bn2ca can you share your generic information reply?

I asked mine and received this reply

Nothing changes on my application even though the mail said my file has been updated :(
Calling is not an option right now since there's no customer service due to covid-19
Hey we got this
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

If yours says it's updated or something it should be good atleast it's moving. But given the situation now hold tight. We can't do anything but wait this out.
Stay safe!

Reactions: hellboynow

gk_phoenix

Aug 25, 2019
@Kodihusky @senhari2005 I got a formal cancellation mail this morning. The mail does not say anything about Telephonic interview. It just says that they will communicate a new date for interview later. For those needed priority processing, they have asked to mail on a certain ID with a justification and they will take it on a case by case basis. So near and yet so far :)
@prashantpraut I got the same email today about cancellation. Feel you bro, hang in there. We are almost there!!

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Can we goto the border for the PR interview?
Before Covid-19, I'd advise anyone to flagpole.

Remember, to flagpole you have to leave Canada as a foreign national, go to US border to be processed, get turned around with an administrative (voluntary) refusal paper and seek to re-enter Canada as a foreign national. Even with COPR and immigrant visa, you are NOT considered a PR until COPR is filled out, stamped and signed AT a land/airport border. Every time you are at any border entrance, you are at the mercy of the officials there. There are no guarantees even if you were just in the country 5-10 mins ago. Even with COPR/immigrant visa, with foreign passports, I would imagine out land applicants will not be allowed to fly into Canada at the moment.

Foreign nationals are not being let in. They have made that abundantly clear. You risk being sent back to your country of origin. Canada is even turning away refugees and asylum seekers. If you know anything about Canada, you know this is highly unusual. Err on the side of caution! Wait for further instructions from IRCC either via webform or their official communications about landing interviews or if special provisions will be made for inland applicants to flagpole.

Reactions: nns14

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
If my 60 days timeline passes without PPR, do you think there is any use in raising a webform? Or should I just let the poor officers working from home have some time to process all the unforeseen questions and issues?

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
News Release...March 20, 2020—Ottawa—

Exemptions to the air travel restrictions will apply to foreign nationals who have already committed to working, studying or making Canada their home, and travel by these individuals will be considered essential travel for land border restrictions. These exceptions include

"permanent resident applicants who had been approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 16, 2020, but who had not yet travelled to Canada"

In addition to health screening protocols before travel, all individuals entering from abroad must isolate for 14 days upon their arrival in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html

Based on this, flagpoling should not be a problem...Or you'll definitely get phone landing interview

@Kodihusky @senhari2005 @gk_phoenix @prashantpraut @nns14 @nasikan @pemyrie @[B]BlackBearReloaded[/B]

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020
my aor september 26th, I had a ghost update on march 13th so I thought this is it, PPR is coming... but nothing so far... did anyone outland received PPR after March 15th, did they stop issuing PPR this month ? ... We had a bit of hope and now coronavirus make it more and more difficult..

BlackBearReloaded

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
News Release...March 20, 2020—Ottawa—

Exemptions to the air travel restrictions will apply to foreign nationals who have already committed to working, studying or making Canada their home, and travel by these individuals will be considered essential travel for land border restrictions. These exceptions include

"permanent resident applicants who had been approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 16, 2020, but who had not yet travelled to Canada"

In addition to health screening protocols before travel, all individuals entering from abroad must isolate for 14 days upon their arrival in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html

Based on this, flagpoling should not be a problem...

@Kodihusky @senhari2005 @gk_phoenix @prashantpraut @nns14 @nasikan @pemyrie @[B]BlackBearReloaded[/B]
These are good news for sure! I hope next week we will have details about how to proceed.