+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Trudeau just announced Canada will bar entry to all travellers who are not citizens or permanent residents.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cbsa-border-airports-screening-trudeau-covid19-coronavirus-1.5498866

Now I don't know if flagpole will work at this situation.
If I were in your shoes I would definitely wait for the phone landing interview (with everything going on, I assume you aren’t in a rush to travel anyways). You aren’t considered a PR until COPR has been stamped after a brief “interview” when you land. So during flag poling, you’ll be leaving and re-entering as a foreign national. I don’t think it’s worth the risk.

I assume they will also deny entry to people who had flight arrangements to land or airlines probably won’t even let them board from their county of origin. **Unless Trudeau/IRCC explicitly state exceptions for people who have received COPR... so maybe contact them or wait until they update their twitter account with more information.

If this wasn’t the case, I’d 100% recommend anyone flagpole as I landed same day I got my pp and copr back from Ottawa. Very smooth process

Reactions: BlackBearReloaded

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
I cant speak for anyone but if it were me I wouldn't want to flagpole right now. There might be problems on the US side and issues re-entering Canada. When they gave a press release yesterday they spoke about citizens and PR holders- nothing about work or study permit holders. Not everything will be explicitly stated- somethings you have to think about and draw your own conclusions.
I concur. Very well said.
The US will be happy to turn you back around but you risk being denied re-entry into Canada! Not worth it folks

If you’re in Canada, contact IRCC and wait to be scheduled for a phone landing interview

Reactions: Norma55

Kodihusky

Jan 24, 2014
Don't know yet. Sent my passport on Friday and it will arrive tomorrow in Ottawa. I am most worried about the landing process - I hope they will allow to do this via phone because interviews are suspended until April 14 and borders closed.
me too...i sent yesterday and mine has arrived. Are they still taking new landing interview appointments? My friends interview got switched to phone interview...

BlackBearReloaded

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
me too...i sent yesterday and mine has arrived. Are they still taking new landing interview appointments? My friends interview got switched to phone interview...
I have no idea. Mine just arrived there as well - hopefully they are still working and will be able to approve our processes in a few days.

If anyone else is in the same boat, please share any information about landing.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
I am on same boat, was having my landing interview scheduled on Mar/24. But, waiting for telephonic interview details.

May I know when was your friend's landing interview was scheduled? and When will be the telephonic interview scheduled?

Need to know about his experience after his landing. Much appreciate it.

hellboynow

Mar 17, 2020
I sent question through webform and got this reply today
We have received your enquiry and are pleased to confirm that the information in your file has been updated.

In addition, we sent a request to the responsible office asking that they send you the correspondence again. You should receive it shortly.
But no update on my application when I checked it and no other email.
Does anyone have similar experience?

*edit: additional info - I was asking about my application status since the estimation on web is March.

Last edited:

gk_phoenix

Aug 25, 2019
Hi @Kodihusky Did your friend receive an email of reschedule ? I am in same boat as your friend and wondering when will I receive email of rescheduled phone interview. Really appreciate your response, thanks!

StrongBoy

Mar 3, 2020
Is the IRCC offices open for ottawa. checking this thread and not getting updates on new PPR email people are getting...can anyone confirm

easy breezy

Nov 10, 2019
Hello guys,

I did remedicals last March 11. However, we are not sure if the results got uploaded by the clinic since there was an imposed shutdown of all offices here in Manila. I raised a webform on March 12 saying that we've finished the medicals. IRCC replied today that We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the medical exams were received by the responsible office. My question is, will the remedicals show the the date MEP passed? Because I looked at our profile and it still says Action is Required and medicals are yet to be received. Any thoughts on this? I'm very confused right now. :(

MVermaRB

Feb 24, 2020
Hello guys,

I did remedicals last March 11. However, we are not sure if the results got uploaded by the clinic since there was an imposed shutdown of all offices here in Manila. I raised a webform on March 12 saying that we've finished the medicals. IRCC replied today that We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the medical exams were received by the responsible office. My question is, will the remedicals show the the date MEP passed? Because I looked at our profile and it still says Action is Required and medicals are yet to be received. Any thoughts on this? I'm very confused right now. :(
it always take time to update the info back on profile, so be patient and wait!

yerlan

Mar 18, 2020
Hi everyone. Wanted to ask for you advice. Our timeline is
AOR:17/09/2019
MEP:03/10/2019

Our estimated Completion date was 17/03/2020. Now we have following message
"Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete."

What would you suggest to do now? Do I need to contact immigration office and check with them if they need any further info or just sit and do nothing?

THANKS!

nur_amirkhan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Kazakhstan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17th Sep 2019
Hi everyone. Wanted to ask for you advice. Our timeline is
AOR:17/09/2019
MEP:03/10/2019

Our estimated Completion date was 17/03/2020. Now we have following message
"Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete."

What would you suggest to do now? Do I need to contact immigration office and check with them if they need any further info or just sit and do nothing?

THANKS!
Hey! We are in the same boat, I have the same AOR and the same message in the IRCC system. I guess we just need to sit and wait for the outcome, as this COVID-19 thing might affect IRCC workflow. I suggest you raise a web-form and ask about your case or order GSMC notes. I am prepared to wait for a minimum of one month for the outcome. Anyway, no need to rush as the borders of most countries are now closed and most people can't abroad.

Alberta18

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hope it is the latter. Thanks for the reply! In the case we do the remedicals, will we need to upload anything? And will it be via webform or through our cic account?
@easy breezy when did you come to know that you have to redo medical exam. Had they send gost update again after 3rd march or email ?. Isn't they extended your last one ?