+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

pnsujith

Feb 20, 2020
Hello,
CEC-Inland
I have got my AOR on 26th sep, medicals passed on 22Oct. and on 28th Jan i was asked to submit updated passport before end of march, as mine is expiring in July.
I'm waiting for my new passport, but my eligibility, background everything is in process.
What does this mean.
They have not started anything yet?
Thanks.

troy_k

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hello,
CEC-Inland
I have got my AOR on 26th sep, medicals passed on 22Oct. and on 28th Jan i was asked to submit updated passport before end of march, as mine is expiring in July.
I'm waiting for my new passport, but my eligibility, background everything is in process.
What does this mean.
They have not started anything yet?
Thanks.
The status wont change, until you submit the passport and the Visa is stamped. Just make sure you get your new passport and submit before the timeline provided. All is good :)

troy_k

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Good day to all. I would like to ask IRCC via webform what stage my application is. Do you guys have a template on what to send them? And is it necessary to know the VO for me to know my current status? Thank you guys and hope we all get the Golden Email soon!
Better to call them instead so you get the response right away, unlike the web form where you will have to wait for 5 working days.

troy_k

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hi, I am FSW applied from New Zealand. Got to know my file is at Australia Sydney. Raised webforms three times in Jan-Feb. Received generic response that file is in processing time. Below is my timeline as of today. Any help would be appreciated.
AOR - 22-09-2019
Medicals - 4-10-2019
Biometrics - 15-10-2019.
Current Status - Submitted; Medical Passed. 81% complete.
Call them and ask specific questions like, Has my eligibility passed? Has my background check completed? If i'm not wrong criminality check comes under background check. So if answers to both the above questions are positive, you will just have to wait patiently for the Golden email :) Best of luck!

pnsujith

Feb 20, 2020
The status wont change, until you submit the passport and the Visa is stamped. Just make sure you get your new passport and submit before the timeline provided. All is good :)
Thanks @troy_k for very quick response. Does this mean everything is done and this is for visa stamping they are asking a 6 month valid passport

rohansoni369

Jul 20, 2018
Call them and ask specific questions like, Has my eligibility passed? Has my background check completed? If i'm not wrong criminality check comes under background check. So if answers to both the above questions are positive, you will just have to wait patiently for the Golden email :) Best of luck!
Hi, Thanks for your suggestion. However; from NZ I am not able to call 888 number. I tried from Skype with credits and other application like hangout. The 613 number does not give any information at all. If you could can you please let me know how can I talk to a person over the phone for my file? Thanks man.

thebluetung

Feb 26, 2019
dears,

my timeline is -

Pnp-outland
Sep 24AOR
Med Passed Oct 16
VO - Sydney

Last time when I called them a month ago, they said that -
Eligibility - met
criminality - finilized
security - not started

I received a ghost update on Friday. Does it mean I should expect ppr soon? Can it mean that they will request additional documents or reject my application?
Seem like it's time for PNP-Outland, I also got a ghost update in my profile last Friday.

PNP-outland (Ontario)
Sep 23 AOR

Reactions: aflatun

troy_k

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hi, Thanks for your suggestion. However; from NZ I am not able to call 888 number. I tried from Skype with credits and other application like hangout. The 613 number does not give any information at all. If you could can you please let me know how can I talk to a person over the phone for my file? Thanks man.
Check this forum (page 92 or 93) I had mentioned detailed steps on how to call them from outside Canada.

troy_k

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Here you go...
Use 'TextNow' app to call. You can download this app from Playstore. Once installed, make sure you do not select your current location while registering, instead key in a Canada area code manually (you can find these codes on the net). You will surely get through. However, note that the waiting/hold time would be around 30-40 minutes (you can watch a series on Netflix in the interim ;) ). Once you reach an agent be ready with specific questions. Ask them to share status on your Eligibility and Background check. I was told by one of the agents that Security and Criminality check are all part of the background check itself. Hope this helps. Good luck.

rohansoni369

Jul 20, 2018
Here you go...
Use 'TextNow' app to call. You can download this app from Playstore. Once installed, make sure you do not select your current location while registering, instead key in a Canada area code manually (you can find these codes on the net). You will surely get through. However, note that the waiting/hold time would be around 30-40 minutes (you can watch a series on Netflix in the interim ;) ). Once you reach an agent be ready with specific questions. Ask them to share status on your Eligibility and Background check. I was told by one of the agents that Security and Criminality check are all part of the background check itself. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Thank you so much; that did work. I was not able to speak to an actual person however; the automated system told me that eligibility is under review and background check not yet started. Is this normal after 5 months or there could be something wrong with my file? Much appreciate your feedback. Thanks

easy breezy

Nov 10, 2019
Better to call them instead so you get the response right away, unlike the web form where you will have to wait for 5 working days.
Hello, i would like to email them first cause I'm outside Canada and he textapp doesn't work here in our country :(

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Thank you so much; that did work. I was not able to speak to an actual person however; the automated system told me that eligibility is under review and background check not yet started. Is this normal after 5 months or there could be something wrong with my file? Much appreciate your feedback. Thanks
To speak to an actual person follow prompts and dial 2...1....1....0 (like wait for new prompt before dialing next number). Something about family sponsors but it’ll get you to an agent. And they’ll answer your questions anyway..saw on diff discussion board and it worked for me.

Hold indeed was ~40mins FYI

Last edited: