Hi everyone,

Here is my timeline . ( New Delhi VO )

App received: Sept 27th 2018
AOR: Dec 01st 2018
Started Processing : Dec 17th 2018
Medical request: Jan 4th 2019
Medical passed: Jan 25th 2019
Pre- Arrival: April 13th 2019
Background Check - Started : April 20th 2019.

No update after April 20th. How long does the Background check take?

Hope i get PPR soon .

Thanks,
Chaty
I didn’t get pre arrival yet. What’s pre arrival means? How will get it?

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
I didn’t get pre arrival yet. What’s pre arrival means? How will get it?
Once your BGC is completed and they are satisfied then they will send an invitation to pre arrival services.Free services about life in Canada for Newcomers. To register for the services you need to have the letter from CIC which is the pre arrival. At the same time your ECAS might turn to DM ( that's what happened in my case).

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Once your BGC is completed and they are satisfied then they will send an invitation to pre arrival services.Free services about life in Canada for Newcomers. To register for the services you need to have the letter from CIC which is the pre arrival. At the same time your ECAS might turn to DM ( that's what happened in my case).
To receive Pre arrival means that they are satisfied that the relationship is genuine which means that the PA passed their eligibility. Nothing to do with BGC. If the BGC is still on, the applicant will get pre arrival as soon as they pass eligibility but that does not mean ECAS will turn DM right away. It worked in your favour but usually in that case DM on ECAS depends on when BGC is completed. Could be a few days, few weeks or a few months. And not all get pre arrival right away, some get it with their PPR email.

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
To receive Pre arrival means that they are satisfied that the relationship is genuine which means that the PA passed their eligibility. Nothing to do with BGC. If the BGC is still on, the applicant will get pre arrival as soon as they pass eligibility but that does not mean ECAS will turn DM right away. It worked in your favour but usually in that case DM on ECAS depends on when BGC is completed. Could be a few days, few weeks or a few months. And not all get pre arrival right away, some get it with their PPR email.
Thanks for the explanation :) Whatever the process, I really hope everyone waiting get a positive outcome soon. Really hope and pray...

Jameela Zaheem

May 18, 2018
What’s BGC?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
How long do I need to wait for pre arrival? Because 15th of June it’s gonna be 1 year of applied my application. The CIC web site mentions 12 months of application processing time. So please let me know do I need to wait more than 12 months?
IRCC says it processes 80% of applications within 12 months. Unfortunately thats still 20% taking longer than that. What updates have you gotten regarding your file? And when did you receive your last update? Would be ideal to order gcms notes and once you cross the 12th month mark with no updates, you can contact your local MP to find out whats going on with your file.

Reactions: sdharan19

Jameela Zaheem

May 18, 2018
IRCC says it processes 80% of applications within 12 months. Unfortunately thats still 20% taking longer than that. What updates have you gotten regarding your file? And when did you receive your last update? Would be ideal to order gcms notes and once you cross the 12th month mark with no updates, you can contact your local MP to find out whats going on with your file.
I received my last update on 17th April 2019. Also can you please guide me, my husband had been submitted the application to Immigration in Canada on 15th of June 2018 and August 29, 2018 I have received an approval E-mail from Immigration. So which is considered as a 12 month processing time period as per cic web form?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I received my last update on 17th April 2019. Also can you please guide me, my husband had been submitted the application to Immigration in Canada on 15th of June 2018 and August 29, 2018 I have received an approval E-mail from Immigration. So which is considered as a 12 month processing time period as per cic web form?
Its from the day they received your application at the processing centre, so it is 15th June for you. What was the update about? Have you been asked for additional documents? If you have linked your application to GCKey can you see if you bgc says ‘we are processing your background check’ or does it say ‘we are processing your application, we will let you know when we start processing your background check.’ And same for eligibility does it say ‘we are reviewing’ or ‘we will let you know when we start reviewing’. Have you been asked for an interview?

Jameela Zaheem

May 18, 2018
Its from the day they received your application at the processing centre, so it is 15th June for you. What was the update about? Have you been asked for additional documents? If you have linked your application to GCKey can you see if you bgc says ‘we are processing your background check’ or does it say ‘we are processing your application, we will let you know when we start processing your background check.’ And same for eligibility does it say ‘we are reviewing’ or ‘we will let you know when we start reviewing’. Have you been asked for an interview?
So 15th of June 2019 my 12 months will be complete isn’t it? After 15th of June can I contact my local MP to find out what’s going on with my file?
Also I didn’t link my application to GCKey but in my ECAS I received like this “We sent you correspondence on April 17, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.” And also I didn’t ask for an interview.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
So 15th of June 2019 my 12 months will be complete isn’t it? After 15th of June can I contact my local MP to find out what’s going on with my file?
Also I didn’t link my application to GCKey but in my ECAS I received like this “We sent you correspondence on April 17, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.” And also I didn’t ask for an interview.
Yes you can contact your MP after that. That message on ECAS means they asked you for additional documents. Did you send what they asked for within the 30 day period?