+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2018**** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Congrats!!!

Quick question the Pre Arrival letter what is that about? And does that come through the mail or will my lawyer get an email ? and I am still waiting on that cause my wife medical and all went through
prearrival email means they send you a letter with all the services available service for new immigrants to Canada. Usually an email.. some don’t even get pre arrival email but get the ppr.

Reactions: Jaych15

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi all, just an update:

Logged into GCKey this morning: "We're done processing your application." Application status is approved and the details regarding my counterfoil visa is also at the bottom of the page on my GCKey. I assume this means my passport is done, now I just need to wait for them to send it back to VFS Global then I can pick it up. I assume my COPR will also be delivered with it. Happy times!

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Hi all, just an update:

Logged into GCKey this morning: "We're done processing your application." Application status is approved and the details regarding my counterfoil visa is also at the bottom of the page on my GCKey. I assume this means my passport is done, now I just need to wait for them to send it back to VFS Global then I can pick it up. I assume my COPR will also be delivered with it. Happy times!
Congrats and all the best.. once you have your copr please share how long have they given to enter canada. Is it really a year from our medicals

Last edited:

Jaych15

Mar 30, 2019
Hi

Hi dear
Pre arrival means all good news from what I have heard.
My medical passed and biometrics done last month.
On ECAS says medical received and on GC KEY says medical passed and biometrics done. Background in progress.
The problem is it’s not consistent for everyone which makes it really frustrating . Good we have groups like this to support each other at least . Really hope to get some update soon too..PA is from which country dear.. and application date.?
Where do I see the GC key?

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
I prepared myself to wait another couple of months for PPR, but it came this morning!!! Just wanted to post an update. My timeline is in my signature.
DM showed up at the same time on ECAS.
I really hope things are moving forward for September applicants. It's time!!! Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the great advice and support.
:) :D
May I ask, how long did your background check take?
thank you

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Congrats and all the best.. once you have your copr please share how long have they given to enter canada. Is it really a year from our medicals
Hi. It is a year from medical passed yes. At least in my case (and most other cases) it is.

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi all. UPDATE:

I received my COPR today with my passport (PPR was last week Thursday, so it took exactly one week).

Timeline:

App sent: 11 Sep '18
AOR: 17 Dec '18
SA: 10 Jan '19
AOR2: 21 Jan '19
Medical Request: 27 Feb '19
Medicals Passed: 05 March '19
PPR and DM: 28 March '19
COPR: 04 April '19

Total time to process application since AOR - 3.5 months.

Hang in there everyone!

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
For those of you dealing with the Mexico VO, here's something that may make you giggle and will probably make you shake your head. I received a request from Mexico VO a few days ago for a few documents. In their letter, they were very specific and highlighted that I should email said documents to their office. Great I emailed the docs. 5 mins later I receive an email stating we have a gckey and documents should be uploaded there. Great, I upload the docs to gckey. 30 mins later I receive an email from Mexico VO asking me to keep correspondence to a minimum as they have received duplicates of my documents..... hahahahahaha I give up. However, the bright side of this is the Mexico VO does answer some things immediately (Insert rolling eyes here hahaha).
All good additional docs received and the wait continues.

pb_srk

Nov 21, 2018
Hi there,
I received pre arrival letter plus a request letter with in 3 days.

The letter is too vague but what I can conclude is that they are asking to send Photo, Update any changes before IMM 5688 can be issued, photo copy or original passport, new pictures if 6 month old and confirm delivery address. The text around when to send photocopy or original passport is very confusing.

My spouse already have a tourist valid visa for Canada and is an Indian citizen. Do I need to send the physical passport just photocopy is fine, would she get a new immigrant visa and her old tourist visa gets canceled?

Any insight greatly appreciated.

jmc1974

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
14-02-2018
Med's Request
04-01-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2019
For those of you dealing with the Mexico VO, here's something that may make you giggle and will probably make you shake your head. I received a request from Mexico VO a few days ago for a few documents. In their letter, they were very specific and highlighted that I should email said documents to their office. Great I emailed the docs. 5 mins later I receive an email stating we have a gckey and documents should be uploaded there. Great, I upload the docs to gckey. 30 mins later I receive an email from Mexico VO asking me to keep correspondence to a minimum as they have received duplicates of my documents..... hahahahahaha I give up. However, the bright side of this is the Mexico VO does answer some things immediately (Insert rolling eyes here hahaha).
We're so lucky to be dealing with Mexico, Lol

Reactions: laport2018

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
We're so lucky to be dealing with Mexico, Lol
I’m laughing so hard , all day I have been laughing at this . We are so so lucky indeed

Reactions: jmc1974

waitingtoheartoo

Nov 26, 2018
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
10-sept-2018
AOR Received.
24-dec-2018
File Transfer...
07-April-2019
Med's Request
10-January-2019
Med's Done....
17-Jan-2019
Interview........
04-12-2019
Passport Req..
12-12-2019
I often wonder if these people are even qualified to be working in this office . Shake your head is right!!!

Aliceno

Dec 16, 2018
Hi

Hi dear
On ECAS says medical received and on GC KEY says medical passed and biometrics done. Background in progress.
The problem is it’s not consistent for everyone which makes it really frustrating . Good we have groups like this to support each other at least . Really hope to get some update soon too..PA is from which country dear.. and application date.?
Hi

Hi dear
All update after 1 month waiting, and video call everyday with spouse is always a good news sist :) to be honest. How about today? Any update yet? Am from Indonesia. Where PA from?

Cheers All ^_^

Reactions: sdharan19