AOR Received.
10-01-2019
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
10-01-2019
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
So it turns out that I was unable to link my account because I was entering in "1" for the # of individuals included in the application, including PA––I was supposed to enter "2" for me and my spouse, which isn't very intuitive to me. Hope no one else is making that same error.

I since linked my account, passed the medical exam (GCkey updated 1/25/19), and received the AOR2 (emailed to my spouse) today. My application is being sent to CPC Mississauga for further processing. No further instructions, so just keeping our fingers crossed!
Hi! Im from Philippines and my husband lives in canada and is a naturalized citizen there. We basically almost have the same timeline . I passed my medicals on January 14,2019 and my husband (sponsor) received an email that they they transferred my application to CPC-Misissauga . No email yet on my side(PA).

Hope to hear some updates from your timeline.

Rachelzap

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
10-01-2019
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
10-01-2019
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
  1. We received your application to sponsor MATTHEW on September 13, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on December 17, 2018.
  3. We sent you a letter on January 4, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Outland app from the UK. This is what I see on ECAS under "Sponsorship Application Status". The letter has not arrive yet. Does anyone have any idea what it would be? Status is still "In Progress"...

GCKey status for reference:

Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

EDIT: Neither the sponsor or the PA have received an email. Last email we received was the AOR and that went to the sponsor on December 20th :/
Hi. We almost have the same timeline just a day late/early for some processing. Hope to hear more updates soon.

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
Thanks as always for the response and congrats on getting your SA - especially after all that time! Hope the rest moves along quickly. My letter of file transfer came three weeks after SA.

I just received AOR2. Always nice to get an update of any sort, though it seems the sequence isn't a set process as others (majority?) receive the request for medicals/biometrics before then.

Did you pay your biometrics fee ahead of time? We didn't since it wasn't applicable to us when this process began.

Good to see updates, isn't it?? Even if they are confusing, sometimes. :) I finally got an official SA on Jan 22nd. That is 4.5 months after receipt of app. Not happy about the time that has passed, but still glad that at least the first stage is over. No letter on the file transfer yet, I am not sure how long after SA that happens, but I assume within a couple of weeks.
As far as medical req and biometrics req go, CIC is not very consistent with sending these. Sometimes SA comes before and these requests come shortly after. Keep checking for new messages on GcKey and status on ECAS. It will happen.

Biometrics are definitely a requirement for everyone now. BUT - medicals and biometrics will not delay the processing of your application. They probably will not even touch your app for the next little while, so that gives you plenty of time to complete both requests. (within 30 days though)
You will have to upload a receipt for payment of biometrics, I think, because you haven't paid it upfront since it wasn't needed back then. The time taken to complete all of this is included in the total processing time stated on the IRCC website, so don't worry too much. Just do what they ask and always make sure there is a confirmation on their end that submitted docs were, in fact, received.

I know it is frustrating when they don't update anything online, but it is a common thing too. Try to breathe, focus on other things and good things will happen eventually... (this is the same advice I give myself every day :) )

Reactions: WYWH

SimonL91

Oct 3, 2018
Hi everyone, I haven't been too active on the forum for a while since there wasn't too much going on on my application. I am glad to see that most September applicants are making progress and stuff is moving forward.

I received a request to send in additional documents at the end of November when my background check started. I did that immediately and since then it has been quiet. Today I checked my ECAS status and it switched to decision made. GCkey has not changed yet but I heard that sometimes ECAS updates faster then GCkey. I hope it is a good sign and that I will receive PPR soon.

Good luck to all of you.

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
Hi everyone, I haven't been too active on the forum for a while since there wasn't too much going on on my application. I am glad to see that most September applicants are making progress and stuff is moving forward.

I received a request to send in additional documents at the end of November when my background check started. I did that immediately and since then it has been quiet. Today I checked my ECAS status and it switched to decision made. GCkey has not changed yet but I heard that sometimes ECAS updates faster then GCkey. I hope it is a good sign and that I will receive PPR soon.

Good luck to all of you.
That's amazing. Congratulations.
What's your second line on ECAS? What's your timeline?
Thanks

SaRaNkdl

Dec 5, 2018
Iran
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
2018-09-24
AOR Received.
2018-12-20
Med's Request
12-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019

Good luck to all of you.
Please share your timeline in detail.

SimonL91

Oct 3, 2018
That's amazing. Congratulations.
What's your second line on ECAS? What's your timeline?
Thanks
My application was received September 19th and I did my biometrics and medicals back in October. My background check started November 5th and then I got a request for additional documents 29th of November.

Second line of ecas says We started processing your application. But it switched from "in process" to "decision made".

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was received September 19th and I did my biometrics and medicals back in October. My background check started November 5th and then I got a request for additional documents 29th of November.

Second line of ecas says We started processing your application. But it switched from "in process" to "decision made".
May I ask which additional documents?

Zainbutt67

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hi! Im from Philippines and my husband lives in canada and is a naturalized citizen there. We basically almost have the same timeline . I passed my medicals on January 14,2019 and my husband (sponsor) received an email that they they transferred my application to CPC-Misissauga . No email yet on my side(PA).

How many days took to transfer after medical passed

Reactions: Rachelzap

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018

Hi! You are lucky to have your papers transferred at CPC Mississauga as they are quick to handle the applications rather than in Manila Visa Office. Good luck!

WYWH

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
Thanks as always for the response and congrats on getting your SA - especially after all that time! Hope the rest moves along quickly. My letter of file transfer came three weeks after SA.

I just received AOR2. Always nice to get an update of any sort, though it seems the sequence isn't a set process as others (majority?) receive the request for medicals/biometrics before then.

Did you pay your biometrics fee ahead of time? We didn't since it wasn't applicable to us when this process began.
Yes, we paid the biometrics fee right away, but even for you now, it should not delay things. It only takes a few days to get this done. My husband went for biometrics this morning. When I checked my GCkey today, it was already updated and medicals also changed to "passed" (these were done last Thursday). I am waiting for AOR2 and I assume it will be a period of silence after that, so I am mentally preparing myself for the wait. In the meantime, I will check in here occasionally to see how things are going with others and if I can be of any help to anyone else.
Best of luck to all of us! :)

Reactions: laport2018

Billu_sharma

Dec 7, 2018
File rec sep 10
Aor Nov 29
Medical and SA first week of dec
Add documents 2nd week of dec after that nothing no email for file transfer or biometric waiting

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
I got an email two days ago that the file got transfer to the VO (Warsaw).
File received Sep 4
AOR1 Dec 17
Biometrics request Jan 11.
Medicals request Jan 16.

Medicals were just done yesterday so the file was transferred prior to that.
That’s great news , I do hope ours was transferred as well. Medicals were passed Jan 20th. No biometrics for my husband as it was not required for his country when we applied . Like we have said before

if biometrics was not applicable to the PA at the time of filing , my understanding is that we will don’t need to pay or provide ? I may be wrong , however this is my understanding

Reactions: WYWH